Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 09-18-2010, 05:29 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,349,506.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 
Cool Angelo Dundee on the Ali vs Frazier III, "Cut em off" myth.

James Slater: You must have seen all the recent books and documentaries about “The Thrilla in Manila,” with fans still loving that sensational action fight. What do you say to those people who believe Ali would not have been able to come out for that 15th-round against Joe Frazier. Did Ali in fact say to you at the end of the 14th, “cut ’em off?”

Angelo Dundee: No, that’s not true. People get confused, and they’re getting confused with the Liston fight. My guy told me, “cut the gloves off, I wanna prove there’s dirty work afoot!” I said, no gloves, no fight! But in Manila, no. Ali had such a great 14th-round, why on earth would I stop the fight in the 15th? I’ve seen those documentaries, and I see faces on there of people, who weren’t even there at the fight! George Kimball, a good friend of mine, he’s going to write a piece on the fight, with all the people and writers and everything, who were there. I look forward to that article.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 

This entire myth started with Hauser's comments on the incredibly bias HBO documentary.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,920.74
Total Points: 824,874.20
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones! View Post
This entire myth started with Hauser's comments on the incredibly bias HBO documentary.
How was it incredibly biased? Ali had a chance to take part and he declined. Ali isn't a hero, I hope you know that?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LightsOut- View Post
How was it incredibly biased? Ali had a chance to take part and he declined. Ali isn't a hero, I hope you know that?
It was very bias. You must not have seen it, and if you did you are a certified Ali hater, because that was as one-sided a documentary I've seen.

The entire point of the documentary was to retell Frazier's side of the story, which means it was heavily bias.

You are a fool.

Ali was and still is a hero to millions, I hope you know that?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
ILLuminato
Don't be a Flo-Bot

Rep Power: 13 ILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond reputeILLuminato has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,005,341.30
Total Points: 13,563,215.20
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Piggu 

Ali couldn't partake because of Parkinsons

I too question whether Ali really was going to quit. We don't know.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Wild Blue Yonda
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Wild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond reputeWild Blue Yonda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,141,582.59
Knowledgeable Poster.! - Barnburner keep up the good work - IronMike* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones! View Post
It was very bias. You must not have seen it, and if you did you are a certified Ali hater, because that was as one-sided a documentary I've seen.

The entire point of the documentary was to retell Frazier's side of the story, which means it was heavily bias.

You are a fool.

Ali was and still is a hero to millions, I hope you know that?
Evidently, you've not watched When We Were Kings. Not so much history, as it is his-story.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
young_robbed
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 young_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 106,262,028.93
For your good posts and youtube videos. - Barnburner dope vernon HL. - Tha Executioner 

do you guys really think either Ali or Frazier Would quit.. both have shown such tremendous heart before, so I really don't see it.. that stupid documentary is mostly bias anyway, even if it provides nice footage.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
Evidently, you've not watched When We Were Kings. Not so much history, as it is his-story.
I did not claim When We Were Kings didn't contain bias - this thread is regarding the HBO documentary, which to anyone who isn't a fool, was incredibly bias.

Last edited by JAB5239; 02-08-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
MartinC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 MartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond reputeMartinC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,570,258,753,554,124.75
Total Points: 1,570,258,753,557,323.25
Happy New Year. - Round 1 cheers buddy - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - jose830 Thanks bro, here is one in return - codey 
No Message - oscar_angels091 No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - jose830 No Message - ??? Have a burger - jose830 gifts on gifts - sugarsmosley delicious pie - betmen 
No Message - J-champ No Message - J-champ 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - oscar_angels091 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Does Baised mean it is not what you wanted to hear?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinX View Post
Does Baised mean it is not what you wanted to hear?
The point of this thread was to address the lie propagated by HBO, that Ali had the intention to quit after the 14th round.

I'd take Angelo Dundee's word over something that was said in a documentary which, from the outset, even claimed they will "tell Frazier's side of the story", which is basically admitting the show was going to be slanted in favour of one fighter. There's no problem with that, because there have been several bias Ali documentaries, but what I don't like is extreme bias pushing over into presenting fallacies as truths. That is not acceptable.