Having Full Fat Milk In Your Protein Shake? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Perfect Plex
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 Perfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond reputePerfect Plex has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,276,018.13
For your contributions to the History Section - Barnburner Stay safe - rorymac Good thread - rorymac 
Default Having Full Fat Milk In Your Protein Shake?

Will I still get all the benefits of the protien by having full fat organic milk in my shake? Instead of water?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-12-2010, 06:18 PM
bernardotelo
Contender

Rep Power: 8 bernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud of
Total Points: 57,658.46

the thing is...if you take iit with water 10minutes tops and it's in your organism and with milk it can be just like the digestive system so it can take hours
Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
questionare
Amateur

Total Points: 5,684.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo Punch View Post
Will I still get all the benefits of the protien by having full fat organic milk in my shake? Instead of water?
You will still get the benifits... and also you will increase the amount of protein in your shake... however it will take longer to digest, this is why most recommend having it with water after workout, and with milk in the morning or at bed time.

By the way, why will you use full fat milk? it will add fat to your diet, which I believe you should avoid...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Marlin26
Contender

Rep Power: 8 Marlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,120.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionare View Post
You will still get the benifits... and also you will increase the amount of protein in your shake... however it will take longer to digest, this is why most recommend having it with water after workout, and with milk in the morning or at bed time.

By the way, why will you use full fat milk? it will add fat to your diet, which I believe you should avoid...
this is not true, fat is an essential part of a healthy diet. it is recommended you consume a healthy amount of fats and I do not mean saturated or trans fats.

lets say something has a fat content of 13g
3g is saturated
0.5g is trans
that leaves 9.5g's of good fat that is essential for good health.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,359,337.17
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

What is the "benefit" of having a protein shake to begin with? Just eat foods with protein in them. Most people eat way too much protein anyways.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Clegg

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Rep Power: 166 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,869,989,564,232,450,048.00
Total Points: 3,870,012,324,233,709,056.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionare View Post
Indeed. It can be better with water in the morning though, as it gets the protein into your system ASAP when you first wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
What is the "benefit" of having a protein shake to begin with? Just eat foods with protein in them. Most people eat way too much protein anyways.
Most people do not eat too much protein.

As for the benefits, for one if you want more protein in your diet, buying whey and having it in a drink is a lot cheaper than buying chicken, cod or other sources of protein. Aside from the cost factor, a protein shake is ideal to have post-workout and sometimes before you sleep. It's also a lot easier to use a tub over the course of a month rather than continually buying and cooking/preparing food all the time.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:03 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,359,337.17
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Most people do not eat too much protein.

As for the benefits, for one if you want more protein in your diet, buying whey and having it in a drink is a lot cheaper than buying chicken, cod or other sources of protein. Aside from the cost factor, a protein shake is ideal to have post-workout and sometimes before you sleep. It's also a lot easier to use a tub over the course of a month rather than continually buying and cooking/preparing food all the time.
I understand it may be cheaper, but even for someone like me who's a super-heavyweight (220 lbs), I only need about 150 grams of protein a day. That can easily be consumed through foods.

Share This With Friends

Tags
full, milk, protein, shake?

User Tag List