Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
royjoneschin is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,637.25
Exclamation please critique my brother's heavybag workout!

hello everyone.

big boxing fan here, but only since 2006. i've watched tons and tons of fights from the past to today.

my younger 17 year old bro, doesn't watch nearly as much boxing as i do. just the major ones. we decided to get in shape again, by running. but in addition to running, we wanted a fun workout, so we purchased a ringside 130lbs water/foam heavybag. keep in mind that we aren't trained at all, but would love to join a gym here in las vegas soon (just need the money, hehe).

here's a video of my bro, with borrowed gloves from friends who were/are amateur boxers. the gloves my bro used are 10oz amateur , and 18oz ringside imf tech.

i am quite worried that bad habbit can develop if this continues without professional coaching from a boxing trainer, and it will probably be hard to break those bad habbits, but once we join a boxing gym, we shall see what the trainer can correct!

as for my own video, i am uploading soon.

what do you think? please critique!

oh, and he is 190lbs, 5'8"

Last edited by royjoneschin; 09-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.
royjoneschin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM #2
TheTartanSoldier

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 545,608,893,358,762.56
Total Points: 399,481,592,806,031,744.00
Top Bloke! - mickey malone For your knowledge of boxing - sigrab jr Hell of a poster, very generous - BigStereotype the champ is here - New England wisdom - House of Stone 
For generosity and top posts! - Sugarj medal for your videos - New England The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
4 the uploads! - chiguy91 For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 For the massive amount of points given - MindBat You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 For the help buddy - Badzi87 You a Scot,Me a English and this lucky clover from Ireland.Best of luck m8. - HughGlass 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Seems pretty solid just a couple of things I picked up on:

-When he throws his rear hand sometimes his rear foot leaves the floor; you don't want to do that because if you get hit while only on one foot you are hitting the canvas because of no balance but he seemed to have stopped this by the second video.
-As he moves around the bag it seems as though he is side stepping, even when moving to the sides you must keep your rear foot at the rear (lol). This again is a balance issue.
- When throwing hooks/body shots the whole body needs to move. The knees must bend a little more and the waist needs to swivel as you throw.

Pretty solid stance, jab and combinations. He is doing well once you get a trainer you will be doing great in no time. (If trains hard and listens to advice)
Barn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM #3
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Marvelous" View Post
Seems pretty solid just a couple of things I picked up on:

-When he throws his rear hand sometimes his rear foot leaves the floor; you don't want to do that because if you get hit while only on one foot you are hitting the canvas because of no balance but he seemed to have stopped this by the second video.
-As he moves around the bag it seems as though he is side stepping, even when moving to the sides you must keep your rear foot at the rear (lol). This again is a balance issue.
- When throwing hooks/body shots the whole body needs to move. The knees must bend a little more and the waist needs to swivel as you throw.

Pretty solid stance, jab and combinations. He is doing well once you get a trainer you will be doing great in no time. (If trains hard and listens to advice)
Alright thanks alot man, appreciate it.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 PM #4
Contender

bernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud of
Total Points: 58,247.46

the only thing i didn't like is when he's not hitting the bag and starts arm dancing altough i hate guys who do that and when ever he trows a hook he shouldn't bring his arm back before trowing it
bernardotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM #5
Contender

josh-hill is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 76,003.15

looking good seeing as he has no training. tell him to keep his hands up though. pros drop them but if you do that in a fight you will end up wondering why your on the floor with your oponents face spining round in circles
josh-hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 PM #6
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardotelo View Post
the only thing i didn't like is when he's not hitting the bag and starts arm dancing altough i hate guys who do that and when ever he trows a hook he shouldn't bring his arm back before trowing it
what's arm dancing?

bringing his arm back before throwing it, meaning like a telegraphed punch?

Last edited by royjoneschin; 09-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:01 PM #7
Contender

bernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud ofbernardotelo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjoneschin View Post
bringing his arm back before throwing it, meaning like a telegraphed punch?
yes like when he trows it hes opponent will see it coming before he even trows it
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM #8
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardotelo View Post
yes like when he trows it hes opponent will see it coming before he even trows it
Ah, so avoid a ricky hatton telegraphed left hook, gotcha.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM #9
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjoneschin View Post
Ah, so avoid a ricky hatton telegraphed left hook, gotcha.
hes snorting now isn't he ??
Old 09-13-2010, 01:06 AM #10
Banned

mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,809,148.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

He don't look 5'8 190. I mean isn't 5'8 190 like really fat? And it's not like your bro is buff.
mushahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
brother's, critique, heavybag, workout!

User Tag List