No announcement yet.

protein shake ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protein shake ?

Basically i stoped boxing a few months ago and recently i joined a weightlifting gym and i started to have protien shakes after my work outs, people has given me different opinions on it and i wanna go boxing again soon so im just wondering if it is good for you or bad ?.

Originally posted by setza View Post
    Basically i stoped boxing a few months ago and recently i joined a weightlifting gym and i started to have protien shakes after my work outs, people has given me different opinions on it and i wanna go boxing again soon so im just wondering if it is good for you or bad ?.
    after you workout your muscles need proteine in order to rebuild themselves and to reduce the amount of lactate acid so i'd say it's a good thing to have a fresh protein shake after your workout just make sure to have it with water

Comment

they are fine mate,try recovery shakes instead of protein shakes but you will be fine,just make sure you drink it within 30-45 mins of your workout

Comment

Protein shakes are great for anyone who works out. I use ON Whey Protein. I haven't been using creatine or glutamine in a while, but protein is a regular for me. Plus I am a pretty thin guy, so I get all the protein I can.

It's good to take 1 gram of protein per 1 pound you way everyday, but only if you lift weights.

I take one drink about 30-45 min before my workout and one drink immediately after.

Comment

I have been training for over 10 years and i only started taking protein shakes at the beginning of the summer or so.

I should have started way before. Before i would have to manage my training cause i train 6 days a week and if i trained too hard on one day i would be too sore and it would mess up the rest of my week.

But now i make myself a breakfast shake when i get up(Protein powder, fruits, yogurt, ect.) and i drink a normal protein shake with just water after i work out.

I have been training my ass off and i am barely sore, even after my strength training day. I don't know if it's the shake or the fact that i have been training harder but i'm much more endurant. I have also gained some muscle.

By the way, protein shakes are not only good for weight lifting, boxers or people who practice any other demanding sport can benefit greatly from protein shakes.

But i would only suggest it to people who train hard, if your training consist of hitting the heavybag for 5 minutes then doing 10 push ups and 10 sit ups, you don't need a protein shake as you barely burned any energy.

Comment

Protein shakes are the way to go if you don't have time to go cooking a meal after your workout, afterall protein is extremely important for wanting to gain muscle or see improvements. I'd recommend getting something from here http://www.maximuscle.com/muscledefinition, it's really good quality stuff but a little more pricey, but it is really worth it.

Comment

It's good for you, I usually have one or two a day. You'd want to make sure it's not a mass gaining kind protein powder, unless your really trying to bulk up. For example, I box and am trying to keep my weight steady, so I use straight whey protein, but my brother lifts and is trying to gain muscle mass so he uses a powder that has close to 500 calories per serving.

Comment

thanks for da replies i take my protien shake straight after i work out

Comment

Working...
                X