Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Die Antwoord
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Afrika
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 0 Die Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these parts
Points: 146,076.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 146,076.99
Wipe your dirty mouth - -LightsOut- For the next time you think about Joe - -LightsOut- eat up - kyshenko team one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Keep up the good work! - ChopperRead 
keep on setting them straight - Freedom. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team 
Default How Did Lee Oma Get Double DQ'ed For "Clowning Around"

4 months before fighting Ezzard Charles for the title Lee Oma was involved in a double DQ with Bill Weinberg for "Clowning Around." I have searched all over and never saw such a thing and I was wondering if anyone on here knew how you get DQ'ed for Clowning Around? Also it appears that before the Charles' fight he lost his license for ineptness in the ring? What is up with this guy, how did he get a HW championship match and how do you get DQ'ed for "clowning around." i dont get it. Is there any video of this fight?
Reply With Quote
Die Antwoord is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,790,819.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,790,819.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

You have mentioned this on another thread when you tried to discredit Lee Oma as a world title challenger yet he was far from as bad as the cans who the Klitschko Brothers have been lineing up as legit contenders... Here is the Charles v Oma report

http://news.google.co.uk/newspapers?...+lee+oma&hl=en
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#3
Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,790,819.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,790,819.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Antwoord View Post
4 months before fighting Ezzard Charles for the title Lee Oma was involved in a double DQ with Bill Weinberg for "Clowning Around." I have searched all over and never saw such a thing and I was wondering if anyone on here knew how you get DQ'ed for Clowning Around? Also it appears that before the Charles' fight he lost his license for ineptness in the ring? What is up with this guy, how did he get a HW championship match and how do you get DQ'ed for "clowning around." i dont get it. Is there any video of this fight?
You are a "Boxrec-Geek" which is were you get your info, Boxrec is incorrect at least 50% of the time and non more so than by claiming Lee Oma was DSQ for `Clowning-Around` against Bill Weinberg... Lee Oma was DSQ for commiting 4 fouls in the 7th round.
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#4
Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Die Antwoord
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Afrika
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 0 Die Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these parts
Points: 146,076.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 146,076.99
Wipe your dirty mouth - -LightsOut- For the next time you think about Joe - -LightsOut- eat up - kyshenko team one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Keep up the good work! - ChopperRead 
keep on setting them straight - Freedom. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
You are a "Boxrec-Geek" which is were you get your info, Boxrec is incorrect at least 50% of the time and non more so than by claiming Lee Oma was DSQ for `Clowning-Around` against Bill Weinberg... Lee Oma was DSQ for commiting 4 fouls in the 7th round.
So then why was it a double dq. Tons of stats places list it as that and its not listed on boxrec but another source that he had his licensed taken away for ineptness, are you saying that he never had his license taken away?

Dude, a bum putting up a good fight against Ezzard Charles doesnt help your argument. The dude was KO'ed 17 times. Thats not this topic, the topic is how do you get double dqed for clowning around. Its listed all over the place that this happened, so youa re saying he lost because of fouls and that there was no double dq. Ok, your voice is heard, now lets hear from someone who doesnt think Rocky Marciano was bigger than Vitali Klitschko.
Reply With Quote
Die Antwoord is offline
#5
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,790,819.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,790,819.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Antwoord View Post
So then why was it a double dq. Tons of stats places list it as that and its not listed on boxrec but another source that he had his licensed taken away for ineptness, are you saying that he never had his license taken away?

Dude, a bum putting up a good fight against Ezzard Charles doesnt help your argument. The dude was KO'ed 17 times. Thats not this topic, the topic is how do you get double dqed for clowning around. Its listed all over the place that this happened, so youa re saying he lost because of fouls and that there was no double dq. Ok, your voice is heard, now lets hear from someone who doesnt think Rocky Marciano was bigger than Vitali Klitschko.
You are talking a load of rubbish and dont have a clue about the fight because you have never seen it so are making up rubbish to try to discredit fighters.. Oma & Weinberg was both DSQ for repeatedly fouling.. Oma fought Bob Satterfield 2 weeks later so unless he had his license taken away for only 13 days then the answer is yes. You know absolutely nothing about Lee Oma because you have tried in 2 different threads to discredit the guy claiming he has been knocked out 17 times and was unworthy of a title fight, yet Oma was the No1 contender for the World Title, his record was very impressive and he was on an unbeaten run of 10 fights up until the Weinberg DSQ which did not diminish his standing in any way.. you will not win with your foolish little game of trying to discredit every fighter from yesteryear who has a defeat on their record because boxers back then fought any fighter they could to earn a living unlike today were a fighters undefeated record is his only way to a title fight even tho he has fought only clubfighters & journeymen so as to remain unbeaten.
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#6
Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,957
Rep Power: 14 GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,039,590.31
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,059,989.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
You know absolutely nothing about Lee Oma because you have tried in 2 different threads to discredit the guy claiming he has been knocked out 17 times and was unworthy of a title fight, yet Oma was the No1 contender for the World Title, his record was very impressive and he was on an unbeaten run of 10 fights up until the Weinberg DSQ which did not diminish his standing in any way.. you will not win with your foolish little game of trying to discredit every fighter from yesteryear who has a defeat on their record because boxers back then fought any fighter they could to earn a living unlike today were a fighters undefeated record is his only way to a title fight even tho he has fought only clubfighters & journeymen so as to remain unbeaten.
Beat Joe Baksi
Terrible fight against Wood****, very suspicious
Reply With Quote
GJC is offline
#7
Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Die Antwoord
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Afrika
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 0 Die Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these partsDie Antwoord is infamous around these parts
Points: 146,076.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 146,076.99
Wipe your dirty mouth - -LightsOut- For the next time you think about Joe - -LightsOut- eat up - kyshenko team one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Keep up the good work! - ChopperRead 
keep on setting them straight - Freedom. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
You are talking a load of rubbish and dont have a clue about the fight because you have never seen it so are making up rubbish to try to discredit fighters.. Oma & Weinberg was both DSQ for repeatedly fouling.. Oma fought Bob Satterfield 2 weeks later so unless he had his license taken away for only 13 days then the answer is yes. You know absolutely nothing about Lee Oma because you have tried in 2 different threads to discredit the guy claiming he has been knocked out 17 times and was unworthy of a title fight, yet Oma was the No1 contender for the World Title, his record was very impressive and he was on an unbeaten run of 10 fights up until the Weinberg DSQ which did not diminish his standing in any way.. you will not win with your foolish little game of trying to discredit every fighter from yesteryear who has a defeat on their record because boxers back then fought any fighter they could to earn a living unlike today were a fighters undefeated record is his only way to a title fight even tho he has fought only clubfighters & journeymen so as to remain unbeaten.

Dude I heard your low blow at the same time theory...I notice you dont claim to have seen the fight. Thats odd, since youre trying to sound like you know what youre talking about. Lets hear from someone who doesnt think that Vitali Klitschko would be KO 1'ed by Eder Jofre.

Oh and Oma was suspended indefinitely for ineptness after being KO'ed 7 times in 9 fights in the early 1940's with Panther Williams delivering the final blow to that streak. Thats just a fact. Its not even arguable.

Also you claim he had won 10 fights in a row before Weinberg. And that the double dq didnt make him lose his number 1 contender spot. Ok...but how about the fact that HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN HIS VERY NEXT MATCH. KO'ed by a 178 pounder. Brutally knocked out by a 178 pounder with 9 losses. A guy so powerful that he put up a 44% KO%. So strong that before fighting Oma he had managed to beat 2 guys over 180 lbs. What a beast. Golden age everybody.

Saying Lee Oma was the number 1 contender doesnt help you. Dude had been knocked out 17 times. Had been knocked out less than a year before the fight and was once ruled too inept to be a pro boxer.

17 knock outs. Sonny Boy says Gomez was bad because he was KO'ed once when he moved up to HW...but Lee Oma was an ATG...even though he was KO'ed 17 times and once ruled too inept to box.
Reply With Quote
Die Antwoord is offline
#8
Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 9,942
Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,030,233,111,120.02
Bank: 2,766,236,027,375.18
Total Points: 52,796,469,138,495.20
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Antwoord View Post
So then why was it a double dq. Tons of stats places list it as that and its not listed on boxrec but another source that he had his licensed taken away for ineptness, are you saying that he never had his license taken away?

Dude, a bum putting up a good fight against Ezzard Charles doesnt help your argument. The dude was KO'ed 17 times. Thats not this topic, the topic is how do you get double dqed for clowning around. Its listed all over the place that this happened, so youa re saying he lost because of fouls and that there was no double dq. Ok, your voice is heard, now lets hear from someone who doesnt think Rocky Marciano was bigger than Vitali Klitschko.
Dude: Did you know a bum was Mayweather's hardest fight...Well, right up there in the top hardest fights, Maybe Castillo was his hardest but he says it was this 'bum'. Did you know Pacman was knocked out by a bum?

Erik Morales recently said that it was a bum who was his hardest fight, at a certain time in his career.

Freddie Pendleton was a bum before becoming one of the great fighters of his time and a great little champion, as were others like Sammy Fuentes, etc.

Just because they have lots of losses does not mean they can't fight and does not mean they don't have a difficult style.
Reply With Quote
BennyST is offline
#9
Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,790,819.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,790,819.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Dude: Did you know a bum was Mayweather's hardest fight...Well, right up there in the top hardest fights, Maybe Castillo was his hardest but he says it was this 'bum'. Did you know Pacman was knocked out by a bum?

Erik Morales recently said that it was a bum who was his hardest fight, at a certain time in his career.

Freddie Pendleton was a bum before becoming one of the great fighters of his time and a great little champion, as were others like Sammy Fuentes, etc.

Just because they have lots of losses does not mean they can't fight and does not mean they don't have a difficult style.
Sammy Fuentes was a great fighter who took part in many wars
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#10
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,790,819.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,790,819.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Antwoord View Post
Dude I heard your low blow at the same time theory...I notice you dont claim to have seen the fight. Thats odd, since youre trying to sound like you know what youre talking about. Lets hear from someone who doesnt think that Vitali Klitschko would be KO 1'ed by Eder Jofre.

Oh and Oma was suspended indefinitely for ineptness after being KO'ed 7 times in 9 fights in the early 1940's with Panther Williams delivering the final blow to that streak. Thats just a fact. Its not even arguable.

Also you claim he had won 10 fights in a row before Weinberg. And that the double dq didnt make him lose his number 1 contender spot. Ok...but how about the fact that HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN HIS VERY NEXT MATCH. KO'ed by a 178 pounder. Brutally knocked out by a 178 pounder with 9 losses. A guy so powerful that he put up a 44% KO%. So strong that before fighting Oma he had managed to beat 2 guys over 180 lbs. What a beast. Golden age everybody.

Saying Lee Oma was the number 1 contender doesnt help you. Dude had been knocked out 17 times. Had been knocked out less than a year before the fight and was once ruled too inept to be a pro boxer.

17 knock outs. Sonny Boy says Gomez was bad because he was KO'ed once when he moved up to HW...but Lee Oma was an ATG...even though he was KO'ed 17 times and once ruled too inept to box.
You need to go back to NSB because you knowledge of Boxing History is zero... Lee Oma was DSQ aganst Weinberg then 2 weeks later he was knocked out by Battling Bob Satterfield, he then avenged that loss by Satterfield as well as beating World No1 Nick Barone... You have not a clue who Bob Satterfield was or what his claim to fame is, IMO Satterfield was the greatest value-for-money fighter in boxing history as well as him being one of the hardest punchers ever.. if Satterfield was to have fought Juan Carlos Gomez he would have brutally butchered Gomez in the opening round yet Lee Oma was good enough to dish-out a boxing lesson to beat Satterfield by UD... you need to sit down and watch yourself as many fights of Bob Satterfield as you possibly can then come back here and tell me how pathetic boxing today is compared to the Ezzard Charles Bob Satterfield era.
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
"clowning, around", double, dq'ed

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.