Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
View Poll Results: Mancini (who fought Camacho at 140) vs Prime Hatton?
Hatton KO 7 58.33%
Hatton PTS 1 8.33%
DRAW 0 0%
Mancini KO 4 33.33%
Mancini PTS 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thailand
Age: 50
Posts: 4,245
Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,228,311.55
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,932,372.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 
Default Hatton Vs Mancini at 140..?

You soon know a fighter's shot when his name keeps cropping up on the history section lol.. Debates on the Arguello-Hatton thread have inspired me to ask this question..
In fairness to Mancini, he was past his best at 140 so we'll use the version of Ray who lost on a 15 round split DC to a Prime Camacho..

Mancini (who fought Macho) vs Prime Hatton?...
Reply With Quote
mickey malone is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,793,604.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,793,604.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
You soon know a fighter's shot when his name keeps cropping up on the history section lol.. Debates on the Arguello-Hatton thread have inspired me to ask this question..
In fairness to Mancini, he was past his best at 140 so we'll use the version of Ray who lost on a 15 round split DC to a Prime Camacho..

Mancini (who fought Macho) vs Prime Hatton?...
Mancini had been out of the ring and retired for 4yrs when he came back and lost to Camacho yet i would still favor him to beat Hatton by KO in around 9rds
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#3
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Joe2608
The Red Devils
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 8,313
Rep Power: 23 Joe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 74,515.99
Bank: 1,259,142,575,275.77
Total Points: 1,259,142,649,791.76
Default

Roberto Mancini? I thought Hatton supported Man City...
Reply With Quote
Joe2608 is offline
#4
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thailand
Age: 50
Posts: 4,245
Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,228,311.55
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,932,372.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 
Default

I can respect all opinions on this thread as the 2 fighters are quite similar in many ways.. My take would be a tough distance fight, with Mancini taking to one knee a couple of times in the early rounds, but coming back mid-way to nearly KO Hatton and cut him in an absolute thriller of a fight.. Hatton would then lose a couple of rounds while he held and hugged, but come on late in the fight to snatch a DC..
That's the way i see it, one of those where both fighters end the bout battered and bruised after a 12 round war.. Over 15, I may favour Mancini, but over 12, it's a close call with a few 10-8 rounds..
All those voting for a Mancini KO, don't seem to realize that Mancini didn't carry his power up in weight, and this would be contested at 140, a weight in which Ray had a good resume of defeats.. Hatton was able to move up to WW, and I won't say he was the star attraction by any means, but he was still able to grind out a title and be competetive against PBF.. I also believe this to be just past his prime, brief though it was..
Both Mancini and Hatton were washed up by the age of 31, and this post does refer to a 26 year old Hatton vs a 30 year old Mancini.. Hatton UD..
Reply With Quote
mickey malone is offline
#5
Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 AM
DR.ORGYY
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,983
Rep Power: 23 DR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,802,897,479.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,802,897,479.12
birthday parallelogram - Jack Napier leader of the Pac clan...goosebumps... - Erik13 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - QUELOQUE AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. 
Default

i think a prime ricky would stop mancini......
Reply With Quote
DR.ORGYY is offline
#6
Old 04-02-2010, 03:53 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,793,604.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,793,604.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
I can respect all opinions on this thread as the 2 fighters are quite similar in many ways.. My take would be a tough distance fight, with Mancini taking to one knee a couple of times in the early rounds, but coming back mid-way to nearly KO Hatton and cut him in an absolute thriller of a fight.. Hatton would then lose a couple of rounds while he held and hugged, but come on late in the fight to snatch a DC..
That's the way i see it, one of those where both fighters end the bout battered and bruised after a 12 round war.. Over 15, I may favour Mancini, but over 12, it's a close call with a few 10-8 rounds..
All those voting for a Mancini KO, don't seem to realize that Mancini didn't carry his power up in weight, and this would be contested at 140, a weight in which Ray had a good resume of defeats.. Hatton was able to move up to WW, and I won't say he was the star attraction by any means, but he was still able to grind out a title and be competetive against PBF.. I also believe this to be just past his prime, brief though it was..
Both Mancini and Hatton were washed up by the age of 31, and this post does refer to a 26 year old Hatton vs a 30 year old Mancini.. Hatton UD..
Even tho everything is stacked in Hattons favor with Mancini being out of the ring for 4yrs and the fight being held at 140lbs i still see Mancini winning, Mancini was far better in every department than Hatton, he was faster, better ring-craft, punched harder, rolled with the punches, whereas Hatton had zero head movement and walked straight in... Fast two-fisted attacks from Mancini would take there toll on Hatton, i see Hatton being knocked out 9rds
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#7
Old 04-02-2010, 07:46 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thailand
Age: 50
Posts: 4,245
Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,228,311.55
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,932,372.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
Even tho everything is stacked in Hattons favor with Mancini being out of the ring for 4yrs and the fight being held at 140lbs i still see Mancini winning, Mancini was far better in every department than Hatton, he was faster, better ring-craft, punched harder, rolled with the punches, whereas Hatton had zero head movement and walked straight in... Fast two-fisted attacks from Mancini would take there toll on Hatton, i see Hatton being knocked out 9rds
I doubt it.. Hatton's only been KO'd by ATG's, and Mancini wasn't a puncher at 140.. He wasn't exactly 'Mr Defensive' either, and like Hatton got marked up in most of his fights.. Ray was well known for shipping leather..
Reply With Quote
mickey malone is offline
#8
Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,793,604.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,793,604.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
I doubt it.. Hatton's only been KO'd by ATG's, and Mancini wasn't a puncher at 140.. He wasn't exactly 'Mr Defensive' either, and like Hatton got marked up in most of his fights.. Ray was well known for shipping leather..
Micky... Mancini could punch alright, also it was the volume of punches he threw, Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim would have been Top 3 Greatest fights in history if not for the tragic ending, Mancini was a two-fisted attacking fighter who applied unrelenting pressure, he was 3 Arturo Gatti`s rolled into one, Mancini could box good enough to beat Jose Louis Ramirez..how could we ever forget his titanic battles with Livingstone`pit-bull`Bramble.... here is a couple of Mancini links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJnZittYM7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkE5_WTHQyQ

We can only express our opinions of how we see a Hatton vs Mancini hypothetical fight unfold, yet the one thing we can be sure of is, "What a hell of a fight it would be"
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#9
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thailand
Age: 50
Posts: 4,245
Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,228,311.55
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,932,372.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
Micky... Mancini could punch alright, also it was the volume of punches he threw, Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim would have been Top 3 Greatest fights in history if not for the tragic ending, Mancini was a two-fisted attacking fighter who applied unrelenting pressure, he was 3 Arturo Gatti`s rolled into one, Mancini could box good enough to beat Jose Louis Ramirez..how could we ever forget his titanic battles with Livingstone`pit-bull`Bramble.... here is a couple of Mancini links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJnZittYM7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkE5_WTHQyQ

We can only express our opinions of how we see a Hatton vs Mancini hypothetical fight unfold, yet the one thing we can be sure of is, "What a hell of a fight it would be"
Nothing against opinions.. The votes are very close as it goes, and a good reflection that it would be a very close fight.. But your using examples of a prime LW Mancini, as opposed to a fighter who wasn't quite the same a few years later..
Reply With Quote
mickey malone is offline
#10
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 PM
turdleburgle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 0 turdleburgle is infamous around these partsturdleburgle is infamous around these partsturdleburgle is infamous around these partsturdleburgle is infamous around these partsturdleburgle is infamous around these partsturdleburgle is infamous around these parts
Points: 45,437.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 45,437.36
Welcome back Zod - -IronMike- To keep up your strength - -IronMike- I heard you like men - -IronMike- wipe your dirty mouth - -IronMike- No Message - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -IronMike- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
Even tho everything is stacked in Hattons favor with Mancini being out of the ring for 4yrs and the fight being held at 140lbs i still see Mancini winning, Mancini was far better in every department than Hatton, he was faster, better ring-craft, punched harder, rolled with the punches, whereas Hatton had zero head movement and walked straight in... Fast two-fisted attacks from Mancini would take there toll on Hatton, i see Hatton being knocked out 9rds



u really are an idiot lol,your not english at all
Reply With Quote
turdleburgle is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
140..?, hatton, mancini

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.