|Boxing Champions | Boxing Schedule | Boxing Video | Boxing History | Pound For Pound | Lounge | The Wire | Audio | Arcade|
Official Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread
First multiplayer teaser video;
New multiplayer video, released yesterday;
Last edited by D-MiZe; 09-02-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Black Ops Confirmed
- Nazi Zombies has been confirmed to be in Black Ops, following a Twitter update from jd_2020. The 4 existing zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at War will return as part of the Prestige and Hardened retail editions.
- Black Ops will feature a dedicated co-op campaign, supporting up to four players, which uses different levels than the single player campaign.
- Vehicles will return, but they will be very different than those in Call of Duty: World at War.
- Create-A-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize their appearance in addition to their loadout.
- Customized killstreaks will return, but the game-ending Tactical Nuke will not. Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards increasing a player's killstreak.
- The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 perks Commando and One Man Army are not going to return.
- Shotguns and Machine Pistols as secondary weapons are not expected to return, as Treyarch stated in an interview that they give the player "too much firepower".
- Treyarch has confirmed that it will be close to impossible to use any kind of mods in Call of Duty: Black Ops, though mod tools and modding will be present for the PC version of the game.
- Factions -
Studies and Observation Group
1st Cavalry Division
North Vietnamese Army (NVA)
- Editions -
The normal edition, with just the game, box and manual.
The Hardened Edition will come with the game, a Black Ops Medal, a Woods avatar for Xbox Live/PSN, and four exclusive co-op maps, which have been revealed to be the 4 zombie maps from World at War. This will cost $79.99/£64.99.
The Prestige Edition which will come with a usable RC Bomb with a video camera and microphone attached, which will transmit footage to the controller, along with the contents of the Hardened edition.This will cost £129.99/$149.99
- Weapons -
Light Machine Guns;
China Lake Pump Action Grenade Launcher
M202 Rocket Launcher
M203 ( Grenade Launcher )
Red Dot Sight
- Killstreaks -
Last edited by D-MiZe; 09-02-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Black Ops Rumours
- It seems that the player will have the ability to perform a diving roll. This can be seen at around 0:41 in the multiplayer teaser ( video #1 ).
- It is reported that players will be allowed to play as members of the SAS in a close-quarters mission based off 'Prince's Gate', the terrorist attack on the Iranian embassy in the 1980s.
- Players may choose two perks and based on those choices, a third perk is chosen for you.
- Scavenger no longer replenishes equipment (i.e. claymores, C4, etc). Grenades are not classified as equipment and will be replenished by Scavenger.
- Cold Blooded and Juggernaut are part of an armor system that the player wears.
- Pavelow will return as a killstreak, although it has a feature unique to Black Ops.
- The SR-71 Blackbird will be available as a killstreak reward.
- There will be no gun from the M4 family.
- The tactical knife is no longer available, while a new knife will be available in it***8217;s place: the ballistic knife. A ballistic knife has a detachable, spring-loaded blade designed to be fired a distance of approx. 6 meters at a rate of 39 MPH (63 km/h).
- Additionally, players will be able to bypass the Crouch position and go directly from Sprint to Prone. In effect, players will be able to sprint and drop flat onto their belly without having to crouch first.
Last edited by D-MiZe; 09-02-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Treyarch has shot down increasingly hot rumours that a Call of Duty: Black Ops public beta is set to arrive on Xbox Live and PSN.
Speaking to CVG at the Black Ops multiplayer reveal event in LA this morning, Treyarch community man Josh Olin confirmed that Activision's not planning a public beta at the moment and said that current console trials are "internal only".
"We're already doing an internal beta with all sorts of Activision studios - thousands of people are participating in our beta," he said.
"That's the only formal beta that we're planning at the moment. There were a lot of misconceptions, confusion and Google ads. There was some speculation that we'd be launching a public beta tonight - that's not happening. The beta is internal only right now."
He added: "Keeping it internal is very helpful for us. It allows us to move a lot faster on our builds, so if we want to change something we can easily push out a new build within the company to anyone who has one of these dev kits.
"Call of Duty is so much this big mainstream thing that everybody at Activision is playing this game."
Treyarch has also said that Black Ops will feature considerably more stealth than any previous entries in the Call of Duty series.
|black, call, duty:, official, thread|