Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 AM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,298,068.34
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
the 4th fight was worthless and certainly not better than a win over Martinez, the fact you have a win over a shot fighter in Marquez top 5 wins shows how weak your argument and how thin Marquez resume is in comparison to Nelson. A resume isn't just based on your top five wins Nelson beat more top competition. at you acting like beating a past-it Mark Johnson as some huge achievement.

Any answer for your other claims like Lewiz and Gonzales being greater or as great?
How was Vasquez shot? Yes he was inactive at that point but he hadn't lost to anybody. But if you wanted to say Martinez was a better win that is fine like I said they are basically even fighters that whole group(including Lewis and Gonzalez) is pretty even.

Also lol at Mark Johnson being shot when he would go on and win another championship after Marquez beat him the only reason those wins aren't higher is because they weren't at Johnson's natural weight class.

Both guys had long title reigns against average contenders with no glaring losses you would be splitting hairs comparing the rest of there resume.

Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 09-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,380,448,306,682.45
Total Points: 3,380,449,522,985.35
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
How was Vasquez shot? Yes he was inactive at that point but he hadn't lost to anybody. But if you wanted to say Martinez was a better win that is fine like I said they are basically even fighters that whole group(including Lewis and Gonzalez) is pretty even.

Also lol at Mark Johnson being shot when he would go on and win another championship after Marquez beat him the only reason those wins aren't higher is because they weren't at Johnson's natural weight class.

Both guys had long title reigns against average contenders with no glaring losses you would be splitting hairs comparing the rest of there resume.
Izzy was absolutely shot and looked horrible against Priolo (bum) before hand. I never said Johnson was shot just that he was past it which he definitely was and at a bad weight too. Nelson beat more and better competition no doubt about it and has the less damaging losses.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 AM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
Izzy was absolutely shot and looked horrible against Priolo (bum) before hand. I never said Johnson was shot just that he was past it which he definitely was and at a bad weight too. Nelson beat more and better competition no doubt about it and has the less damaging losses.
He still won the fight its hard to look good when you're coming off a 20 month layoff. Like I said you can't say Vasquez was shot when he hadn't lost yet.

How was Johnson past it? He would go on and win another championship after losing to Marquez. Nelson did not beat better competition and both guys in their prime only lost to great fighters.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 AM
McGoorty
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 McGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond reputeMcGoorty has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,050,470,956.34
To a pal who I also respect a lot! - Terry A Old timer expert with great emoticon use. - Barnburner missed you around - McGoorty Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah Cheers for the green. I'm a bit of a hothead and think I may have negged you for some trifling matter on another thread, which I now regret, so this is just an apology and hope there are no hard feelings. - It's Ovah 
Top poster - Toney616 No Message - rorymac It's your honorary Warriors fan badge..wear it with pride! KA MATE!!!! - Jeff Da Maori Good thread - rorymac cheers!  eat your fish!  tasty and healthy! - uglypug 
Thumbs down Z

Quote:
He still won the fight its hard to look good when you're coming off a 20 month layoff. Like I said you can't say Vasquez was shot when he hadn't lost yet.

How was Johnson past it? He would go on and win another championship after losing to Marquez. Nelson did not beat better competition and both guys in their prime only lost to great fighters.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.....
Old 09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Welsh Jon
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Welsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond reputeWelsh Jon has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,000,185,511.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
While I have much respect for Nelson, I wouldn't rate him the best at 130 ever. I'd personally rate Floyd, Arguello, JCC, and maybe even Camacho higher.
On reflection Arguello does have to be number 1.

I'd still rank Azumah above JCC and Mayweather though.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

Azumah is #1 because he is really the only guy who did most of his damage at 130 as opposed the other greats such as Chavez Barrera Mayweather Arguello etc
Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 95,377,244,143,060.95
Total Points: 95,377,244,145,933.19
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Marquez best wins

1. Tim Austin
2. Isreal Vasquez 1
3. Mark Johnson 1
4. Isreal Vasquez 4
5. Mark Johnson 2

Azumah's best wins

1. Gomez
2. Fenech 2
3. Ruelas 2
4. Martinez 2
5. Ruelas 1

Austin Vasquez1=Fenech2
Johnson2>>>>>>>Ruelas 2
Vasquez4=Martinez
Johnson1>>>>>>Ruelas 1
Gomez >>>>> every one Marquez's resume COMBINED.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:46 PM
SCtrojansbaby
Undisputed Champion

There is a typo in that post its supposed to say

Austin<<<< Gomez