Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 07-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 18 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,075,790.90
Default Need some help here

hey guys i got a serious qustion, my mom is overweight and i am concerned about her health, what is the best weight loss/health regimine for a 50 year old woman., with some foot problems and 20 lbs overweight. she doesnt want to do any chemicals or fads. shes active as in walking daily but not running, but get up to the point where that would be a possibility and harder training. she wants to start off slow but steady and make it a permanent weith loss.

height: 5" 2'
weight: 143
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-26-2005, 04:52 AM
PunchDrunk
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 PunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond reputePunchDrunk has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,484.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl-G
hey guys i got a serious qustion, my mom is overweight and i am concerned about her health, what is the best weight loss/health regimine for a 50 year old woman., with some foot problems and 20 lbs overweight. she doesnt want to do any chemicals or fads. shes active as in walking daily but not running, but get up to the point where that would be a possibility and harder training. she wants to start off slow but steady and make it a permanent weith loss.

height: 5" 2'
weight: 143

That doesn't seem like too much overweight? I guess she could start of talking a long walk every day, at a brisk pace. Maybe ride a bike. Nothing too strenuous to start off with, as she'll probably get discouraged. And she should definitely change her diet, limit her calories, and think about what food sources she gets her calories from.

But her weight doesn't seem that bad for her age.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
leff
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,076,293.25
Send a message via MSN to leff

it doesnt seem to bad a that bad weight.

anyways cut down on fat sugar and salt.

if possible make her take a long walk as the first thing in the morning.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1569 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,162,738.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx

Brisk walking eventually leading to a bit of jogging. Also flexibility is youth perhaps you could get her interested in yoga.

Also keep a strict clean diet.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:25 PM
theironone
TwixyBanjoCunks

Rep Power: 348 theironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond reputetheironone has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 29,993.26

i agree totally with spinx, yoga seems to really do it for more mature people, a couple of old boys at my place of work do it and love it, probably helps cos some really tasty young women go too tho!!