Who Was Stronger: Wlad Klitschko or Muhammad Ali - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Wlad Klitschko
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 176
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Wlad Klitschko will become famous soon enough
Points: 21,460.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,460.22
Default Who Was Stronger: Wlad Klitschko or Muhammad Ali

And by strength i mean punching power and just lifting type strength, who would have more strength in the clinch, or if you put them in a gym who would lift more.
Reply With Quote
Wlad Klitschko is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Magnifico!
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Magnifico! has disabled reputation
Points: 3,843.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,843.67
Default

Probably Klitschko because he is bigger?

But fights are not won by how much you can bench.

Ali would spank Klitschko for 15 rounds like he did Terrel.
Reply With Quote
Magnifico! is offline
#3
Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Age: 35
Posts: 3,391
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,005,359,292.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,359,292.17
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 
Default

Who cares.
Reply With Quote
SBleeder is offline
#4
Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Wlad Klitschko
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 176
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Wlad Klitschko will become famous soon enough
Points: 21,460.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,460.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Coupe View Post
Probably Klitschko because he is bigger?

But fights are not won by how much you can bench.

Ali would spank Klitschko for 15 rounds like he did Terrel.
Who is Terrell? Sorry, I only became a fan a few years ago. How long was he a HW champion for? Was he as big as Wlad, since you say Wlad was stronger because he was bigger, I assume Terrell must have been Wlad's size? Like around 250 lbs or something? I assume his KO ratio was around Wlads so in the 80% range, not some lowly 38% or something like that right?
Reply With Quote
Wlad Klitschko is offline
#5
Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Wlad Klitschko
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 176
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Wlad Klitschko will become famous soon enough
Points: 21,460.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,460.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
Who cares.
I do, I was curious who people on here thought was stronger, not saying who would be a better boxer or who would win, but who was the stronger guy.
Reply With Quote
Wlad Klitschko is offline
#6
Old 08-16-2010, 02:20 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,692
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,210.00
Bank: 2,343,856,349,142.22
Total Points: 2,343,856,362,352.22
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlad Klitschko View Post
Who is Terrell? Sorry, I only became a fan a few years ago. How long was he a HW champion for? Was he as big as Wlad, since you say Wlad was stronger because he was bigger, I assume Terrell must have been Wlad's size? Like around 250 lbs or something? I assume his KO ratio was around Wlads so in the 80% range, not some lowly 38% or something like that right?
You aren't fooling anybody. You're probably from Europe and you have been a fan for a week.
Reply With Quote
CarlosG815 is offline
#7
Old 08-16-2010, 02:21 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BS mod-convention, Caracas.
Posts: 33,859
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Rep Power: 552 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,999,000,000,484,912.00
Bank: 461,935,288,764,911,808.00
Total Points: 562,934,288,765,396,736.00
congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A 
ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw 
Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr 
&quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 Merry Christmas BattlingNelson - TBear Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays bud! - TBear 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlad Klitschko View Post
And by strength i mean punching power and just lifting type strength, who would have more strength in the clinch, or if you put them in a gym who would lift more.
Probably Wlad.

In the gut department Ali was much stronger though as well as he was in speed, footwork, skills, punchresistance etc.
Reply With Quote
BattlingNelson is offline
#8
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Wlad Klitschko
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 176
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Wlad Klitschko will become famous soon enough
Points: 21,460.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,460.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
You aren't fooling anybody. You're probably from Europe and you have been a fan for a week.
Huh, I just wanted to know a little bit more about this Terrell guy? I am sorry. English is second language, so I get a bit confused. Is he a ton like Wlad? 6'6 245 lbs all muscle, hw champ for over half a decade, huge power, etc...? I just never have heard him of much.
Reply With Quote
Wlad Klitschko is offline
#9
Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Wlad Klitschko
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 176
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Wlad Klitschko will become famous soon enough
Points: 21,460.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,460.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Probably Wlad.

In the gut department Ali was much stronger though as well as he was in speed, footwork, skills, punchresistance etc.
Skills and punch resistance I do not know? In terms of not being hit in the face and being able to keep opponents away, you have to go with Wlad? Is that not a skill? Also which Ali are we talking about, because Cassius Clay did not take a punch very good. His staggering to his corner after the Cooper his would have been stopped and called a loss, and that was a 185 lbs guy. A very similar thing happened to Wlad...staggering to a corner after being knocked down. So if you go with punch resistance you must be talking about post suspension Ali, therefore his skills were nowhere near that of Wlads, because he couldnt stop being pummelled to the face and he lost a ton of rounds where as Wlad now never loses rounds.

Also gut department? Wlad has never quit, always gotten up. He has never finished a match on the canvas,but rather has only lost by the ref calling it. So I dont know where you question Wlad's guts.

Thats not the topic though. Can you not admit that Wlad is stronger without trying to disparage him?
Reply With Quote
Wlad Klitschko is offline
#10
Old 08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
GJC
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,957
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19 GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,046,969.31
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,067,368.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlad Klitschko View Post
And by strength i mean punching power and just lifting type strength, who would have more strength in the clinch, or if you put them in a gym who would lift more.
Golly there's a question, maybe as thread starter you should go first whats your view?
Incidently welcome to boxing scene how are you find things on here being "new"?
Reply With Quote
GJC is offline
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
klitschko, muhammad, stronger:, wlad

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2016 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.