Joe Frazier said the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight with Muhammad Ali - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 08-13-2010, 01:09 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
boxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,579,378.22
Default Joe Frazier said the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight with Muhammad Ali

I just heard an interview where Joe Frazier said that the judges were paid off in his 2nd fight against Muhammad Ali.Frazier said that Angelo Dundee and Ali's people and the black muslims paid off the judges.Frazier said that he won the fight and only the judges being paid off gave Muhammad Ali the victory.

Frazier also said that he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla'.But that Ali's popularity influenced the judges.

I wonder what Smokin' Joe is smoking these days.
boxing boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-13-2010, 01:11 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Vadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond reputeVadrigar. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,027,366,838.10
Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee - Stone Roses! Always good to see you post akhi. - RubenSonny for old times - Spray_resistant thank me later - ted*. keep it going :D - lebrick 
Hang in there big pimpin. These hoes is fu.ckin. You can easily get one. Keep ballin boss player OG. Dueces. - Anxious Times Take a nice girl out on a date. Show her a good time, pimp. - punchr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Freedom Fighter 

When was the interview conducted?
Vadrigar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM #3
Contender

boxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,579,378.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
When was the interview conducted?
He has always said he felt he beat Muhammad Ali in there 2nd fight.In fact,right after the fight he said he thought he won all 12 rounds.

Just recently he said that he thought the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight.I believe it was 2007 that he said this.Or right around 2007.

He has always said that he thought he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla.And he still says so to this day.
boxing boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:55 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,364,047.17
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing boy View Post
I just heard an interview where Joe Frazier said that the judges were paid off in his 2nd fight against Muhammad Ali.Frazier said that Angelo Dundee and Ali's people and the black muslims paid off the judges.Frazier said that he won the fight and only the judges being paid off gave Muhammad Ali the victory.

Frazier also said that he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla'.But that Ali's popularity influenced the judges.

I wonder what Smokin' Joe is smoking these days.
Was it Ali's muslim friends who beat Frazier nearly to the point of blindness in Manilla?
SBleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM #5
Banned

Stone Roses! has disabled reputation
Bank: 19,882,109.49
Total Points: 20,461,860.72
keep pawning people homie - Tha_Greatest No Message - BostonGuy koo poster! - Erik13 for always having my back! - Gorilla Dogs 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Freedom Fighter 

That fight was a clear UD to Ali.

Judges being paid off (which I highly doubt, seeing as though Joe is a bitter old man) are irrelevant.
Stone Roses! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:19 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

T3dBundy has disabled reputation
Bank: 6,498.32
Total Points: 1,001,370,537.54

the second fight was anything but close, i have scored it 9-3 for ali.
T3dBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,068,055.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3dBundy View Post
the second fight was anything but close, i have scored it 9-3 for ali.
Can't argue with the judges on Ali Frazier 2, if anything I think Frazier might say the refereee didn't do him too many favours conducting the fight. Shame that Frazier is so bitter about amcient history and revisits it, he had a great career and will always be remembered as a great, if he is not careful he will tarnish his legacy
GJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 PM #8
Contender

rsf has a spectacular aura aboutrsf has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 1,989,070.20

ali was warned tons of times about holding frazier behind the neck and not one point deducted . but then the ref was i think tony perez who i dont think was up to much. he should of had rounds taken away and perhaps been dq'd .i think futch counted over a hundred seperate warnings given to ali by perez
rsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:20 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 399,912,560,447.66
Total Points: 399,992,632,103.42

for the record the black muslims also TKOd frazier in the 3rd fight
Bullrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:27 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
sleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,042,497,107.97
Total Points: 3,042,523,268.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrush View Post
for the record the black muslims also TKOd frazier in the 3rd fight
Don't forget the black muslims hired a voodoo doc to put a spell on foreman, and if that didn't work dundee had loosend the ropes, and if that didn't work they had this funny water to make foreman fight like a moron.

Frazier is a funny guy, he made that doc thrilla in manilla completely dogging ali, then he does facing ali and praises him. Its clear frazier will say anything if the price is right.
sleazyfellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight, frazier, judges, muhammad, paid

User Tag List