Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 29 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,815,135,129.95
Total Points: 30,815,232,165.32
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
I don't think that this is true. Almost every religion promotes violence in some way with the notable exception being Jainism.
well in the sense that Christianity should be based off the words of Christ, Christianity is also compeletly non violent.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 211 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.74
Total Points: 2,140,326,004,043.57
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Robert View Post
well in the sense that Christianity should be based off the words of Christ, Christianity is also compeletly non violent.
Christianity is not completely non-violent at all, and the words of christ were occasionally very violent, despite being carefully chosen for non-violence by the Roman Emperor Constantine when he made it the official religion of Rome to appease the violent Christian barbarians that were growing in influence.

Besides, the Old Testament is unspeakably violent, and Jesus throughout approves of the Old Testament.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 29 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Christianity is not completely non-violent at all, and the words of christ were occasionally very violent, despite being carefully chosen for non-violence by the Roman Emperor Constantine when he made it the official religion of Rome to appease the violent Christian barbarians that were growing in influence.

Besides, the Old Testament is unspeakably violent, and Jesus throughout approves of the Old Testament.
You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
***8212;Matthew 5:38-42, NIV

I do believe that god would be one of the main violent people in the old testimate, and to claim that because god was violent we our selfs can be violent would be putting our selfs on the same level as god. god is not an example he is a teacher, dont do what he does only what he says, jesus is the example.

or atleast thats what a non violent Christian would say while on the other hand most christians would of course just stick with the whole god was violent so we can be violent.

returning to my point that its really the people and not the religion.

though i guess i cant really say that no religions promote violence.

Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-11-2010 at 05:47 AM..
Old 08-11-2010, 05:56 AM
PittyPat
Kin yer taste the blood?

Rep Power: 32 PittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 172,754,001,327.80
Total Points: 172,754,027,527.46
To start off your collection... - S a m u r a i You are one bad motherfucker - poontango u da man ... - -Boxzilla- thx for all the great finds .... - -Boxzilla- keep da fights comin .... - -Boxzilla- 
the new 720p king - -Boxzilla- SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! - T4a thanks for all the 720P! - lynx649 finally got to hit u with a gift ... 720p bruv .... - -Boxzilla- One bad motherfuker!! - Jack D Ripper 
thanks for the khan mabd fight homey ... - -Boxzilla- The gift of poon and a Kats victory! - Roy O'Bannon War Katsidis - Timmy Chans a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon Good poster! - Poor Lad 
For the #1 Katsidis fan. - thephantom5 Cheers for the uploads - Stone Roses! Thanks for password. - leone24 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - shobox Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Manglerito 

Quote:
returning to my point that its really the people and not the religion.
But the Qur'an is said to be the literal and infallible word of god, whereas the Bible is just a collection of writings by loads of people over time.

So if there are verses in the Qur'an which instruct Muslims to do certain things, then surely it's the religion itself which is to be held accountable?

But hey, if women are happy to let their man "enter" them whenever they like...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittyPat View Post
But the Qur'an is said to be the literal and infallible word of god, whereas the Bible is just a collection of writings by loads of people over time.

So if there are verses in the Qur'an which instruct Muslims to do certain things, then surely it's the religion itself which is to be held accountable?
and theres also verses that instruct them not to impede the flow of society.

one can look at the violence as impeding the flow of society and thus not perform the violent act or one can look at the violence as a way to remove what is impeding society thus allowing the violence.

its all up to the person.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,146,598,245.09
Total Points: 815,589,721,875.87
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

Some are some are not,just like Christianty, all religion sucks i believe in god but i refuse to believe in some book written by common men.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 AM
PittyPat
Kin yer taste the blood?

Rep Power: 32 PittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond reputePittyPat has a reputation beyond repute
To start off your collection... - S a m u r a i You are one bad motherfucker - poontango u da man ... - -Boxzilla- thx for all the great finds .... - -Boxzilla- keep da fights comin .... - -Boxzilla- 
the new 720p king - -Boxzilla- SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! - T4a thanks for all the 720P! - lynx649 finally got to hit u with a gift ... 720p bruv .... - -Boxzilla- One bad motherfuker!! - Jack D Ripper 
thanks for the khan mabd fight homey ... - -Boxzilla- The gift of poon and a Kats victory! - Roy O'Bannon War Katsidis - Timmy Chans a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon Good poster! - Poor Lad 
For the #1 Katsidis fan. - thephantom5 Cheers for the uploads - Stone Roses! Thanks for password. - leone24 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - shobox Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Manglerito 

Quote:
and theres also verses that instruct them not to impede the flow of society.
The book is very contradictory in parts. It's all one big muddle, really.

Quote:
one can look at the violence as impeding the flow of society and thus not perform the violent act or one can look at the violence as a way to remove what is impeding society thus allowing the violence.
Or one can just read the verse and make a choice on whether or not to do what it says. Simple as. Do what it says it and you're a good Muslim; don't do it and Allah be not pleased - he even 'knows' if one hesitates or has doubts. Oo-er! :scared1:

Quote:
its all up to the person.
Not if Allah has anything to do with it. There's no pick and choose, otherwise it's not Islam - at least from what I've gathered (I'm certainly not proclaiming to be an expert on any religion, but I always try and read up on the madness every now and again).

Shintoism rules, though. If I had to pick any religion to follow, I'd get with the Japanese. :thumbs1:
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittyPat View Post
The book is very contradictory in parts. It's all one big muddle, really.

Or one can just read the verse and make a choice on whether or not to do what it says. Simple as. Do what it says it and you're a good Muslim; don't do it and Allah be not pleased - he even 'knows' if one hesitates or has doubts. Oo-er! :scared1:

Not if Allah has anything to do with it. There's no pick and choose, otherwise it's not Islam - at least from what I've gathered (I'm certainly not proclaiming to be an expert on any religion, but I always try and read up on the madness every now and again).

Shintoism rules, though. If I had to pick any religion to follow, I'd get with the Japanese. :thumbs1:
as you said its a muddle everything contradicts. if your educated in the quran you can argue about the quran and use those contradictions in any way you want to.

also when you got some priest telling you this or that passage and thus you must do blah blah blah its still your own fault for belonging to a religion you know nothing about.

so its really still up to the person.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
phook
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 phook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond reputephook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,755,657.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKBNLV View Post
Some are some are not,just like Christianty, all religion sucks i believe in god but i refuse to believe in some book written by common men.
Be a christian then.. Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with God.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
PittyPat
Kin yer taste the blood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phook View Post
Be a christian then.. Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with God.
And Islam is submission to god. Same thing, more or less.
Closed Thread