Many of Mayweather's and Pacquiao's opponents will end up in the HOF.... - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Turiaoei29
Amateur

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Turiaoei29 is a jewel in the roughTuriaoei29 is a jewel in the roughTuriaoei29 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,177.46
Default Many of Mayweather's and Pacquiao's opponents will end up in the HOF....

....exactly for that reason: they were their opponents.
Of course it is only the icing on the cake and they won world title(s) as well but the plain fact that they "let those guys in the ring with Mayweather/Pacquiao" will be the last pushing reason to put them in the HOF.

It is the same as the Ali effect. Nowadays people look at Ali and watch his fights and his opponents' names get enhanced so much because Ali fought them.
I know it is strange, maybe silly or wrong but that is what I believe.
I believe Ricky Hatton will be in the HOF more or less because of that.
I believe Robert Guerrero might end up in the HOF because of that.
I believe Marcos Maidana might end up in the HOF because of that.
I believe Timothy Bradley will end up in the HOF because of that.

Yes, it won't be enough for guys like Clottey or Ortiz or Baldomir and there are guys like Cotto, Marquez, De la Hoya and Mosley who obviously do not have to rely on that little push to get in the HOF because their legacies are strong enough on their own.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-02-2016, 07:02 PM
JAB5239
Dallas Cowboys

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Rep Power: 76 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,755,360,353,288.27
Total Points: 4,000,066,755,360,635,392.00
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

The Ali effect? Ali is widely considered the greatest heavyweight ever. Do you not think his opponents reps should be enhanced given the facts many of them have him trouble or beat him? This isn't even mentioning the fact most of them fought one another while highly rated. A guy like Quarry, who isn't in the HOF fought everyone and showed tremendous skill. Did fighting Ali enhance his rep, or is it the caliber of fighters he fought besides Ali?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Rep Power: 69 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,136,827,146,453,975,040.00
Total Points: 78,736,827,146,453,991,424.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland 

Hatton does have the win over Kostya Tszyu.

Guerrero and Maidana I don't think will make it into the Hall.

Bradley has had a real solid career. The win over Juan Manuel Marquez will look good, as will the fact that he cleared out 140 against Lamont Peterson, Devon Alexander, and Kendall Holt when those guys were in their prime and considered world level operators. Even has a victory over Miguel Vasquez who afterwards went on to have a long reign as a lightweight kingpin.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 931,007,696.64
Total Points: 121,046,192,887.42
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

No they won't. Not simply because they faced Pacquiao and Mayweather anyway.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 PM
SthPaw
Interim Champion

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6 SthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond reputeSthPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,170.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
The Ali effect? Ali is widely considered the greatest heavyweight ever. Do you not think his opponents reps should be enhanced given the facts many of them have him trouble or beat him? This isn't even mentioning the fact most of them fought one another while highly rated. A guy like Quarry, who isn't in the HOF fought everyone and showed tremendous skill. Did fighting Ali enhance his rep, or is it the caliber of fighters he fought besides Ali?
Great point. Not necessarily just about Ali neither, great fighters in general. It sure does place a magnifying glass on those guys that shine, even in a loss, versus a great fighter. It most likely will not be enough to define a career, but it sure helps a fighters case if you can call upon moments where they had an ATG in trouble. I never thought of that before, good point.

Anyway, I do think that many of May/Pac opponents will end up in the HOF for sure. Several of them will, no doubt, but I wouldn't say it was simply because they looked good at times against them as I would feel pretty sure that the ones that may end up in the HOF would most likely wind up there anyway.

Hatton for example. Lost to them both and didn't look good versus either May or Pac by any means, yet he will very likely be inducted one day.

Same with Mosley etc.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Willy Wanker
Certified G

Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28 Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,108,170,473,897,852,928.00
Total Points: 46,108,170,573,897,859,072.00
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker 
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker 
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Guerrero isn't close nor will he ever will be close to making it in the Hall of Fame.

Maidana was better, but still won't make it.

Not sure about Bradley, but I wouldn't complain if he did. He has a very good resume.

I can see Hatton getting in. He was a big name for British boxing.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Eff Pandas
Canelo = The Best Evader

Quoted: 3293 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29 Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,682,289,696,315,324,416.00
Total Points: 85,220,804,750,223,228,928.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turiaoei29 View Post
It is the same as the Ali effect. Nowadays people look at Ali and watch his fights and his opponents' names get enhanced so much because Ali fought them.
I know it is strange, maybe silly or wrong but that is what I believe.
I believe Ricky Hatton will be in the HOF more or less because of that.
I believe Robert Guerrero might end up in the HOF because of that.
I believe Marcos Maidana might end up in the HOF because of that.
I believe Timothy Bradley will end up in the HOF because of that.
Hatton for sure isn't getting into the HOF. He's basically got one HOF caliber win that I can recall off the top of my head to Tszyu. He got KO'd by Floyd the guy who KO's no elite level guys hardly ever + he got destroyed by Manny & will forever be on Manny's most impressive KO's highlight reel (& Floyd's I guess too cuz that was some wrestling looking KO with headbutting the turnbuckle lol).

Guerrero's & Maidana's stories seem pretty much written already, but there is nothing they've done that deserves entry into the HOF unless they do something crazy from here out.

I would say Bradley could end up in the HOF if he does a couple more things in the coming years. And I think you could probably form an argument today he deserves in even if it'd have to be largely based on him being the top guy at 140 (despite him & Khan never fighting when they were 1 & 2) & a bs win over Manny + a FOTY caliber fight with Ruslan.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:04 AM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 101,205,321,630,116,724,736.00
Total Points: 115,245,616,430,117,191,680.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 
Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Barrera, morales, marquez, hatton, cotto, mosely, Oscar, Corrales, castillo all are locks for the hall of fame. Gatti is already in

Canelo and bradley are most likely getting in

Maidana will need another big win or 2

Ghost, margarito, Judah, etc have little chance
Old 05-30-2016, 04:03 AM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,555,987,561,882.79
TMT baby #NoJoke - T.B.E. 48-0 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Barrera, morales, marquez, hatton, cotto, mosely, Oscar, Corrales, castillo all are locks for the hall of fame. Gatti is already in

Canelo and bradley are most likely getting in

Maidana will need another big win or 2

Ghost, margarito, Judah, etc have little chance

This........
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 AM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,555,987,561,882.79
TMT baby #NoJoke - T.B.E. 48-0 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Hatton for sure isn't getting into the HOF. He's basically got one HOF caliber win that I can recall off the top of my head to Tszyu. He got KO'd by Floyd the guy who KO's no elite level guys hardly ever + he got destroyed by Manny & will forever be on Manny's most impressive KO's highlight reel (& Floyd's I guess too cuz that was some wrestling looking KO with headbutting the turnbuckle lol).

Guerrero's & Maidana's stories seem pretty much written already, but there is nothing they've done that deserves entry into the HOF unless they do something crazy from here out.

I would say Bradley could end up in the HOF if he does a couple more things in the coming years. And I think you could probably form an argument today he deserves in even if it'd have to be largely based on him being the top guy at 140 (despite him & Khan never fighting when they were 1 & 2) & a bs win over Manny + a FOTY caliber fight with Ruslan.

Hatton might get in we have to wait and see.

He isn't eligible until 2018

Last edited by MrRolltide91; 05-30-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Share This With Friends

Tags
hof...., mayweather's, opponents, pacquiao's

User Tag List