Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 09-22-2014, 02:23 PM
abdelfadeel
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 abdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,436.25
Default prime frazier vs prime foreman

or those of you that have watched it, you may have noticed that the ref does a very bad job in this as he allows Foreman to repeatedly get away with just shoving Joe away and pushing him to the side in order to set up his clubbing shots. Frazier actually has a fair degree of success in getting to Foreman early on and lands some decent left hooks and jabs. Foreman has trouble controlling range and keeping Frazier off him. With a different ref I think it would be interesting to see how Foreman wold have coped if he hadnt been allowed manhandle Frazier and repeadly shove him back with full on pushes. The ref should have addressed this early.

This brings me to my other point. It may seem bizzare to criticize Foreman in a fight where he blasted out such a high profile opponent - but Ive always been bothered by his tactics in this. Very little use of the jab, no real success at keeping Frazier at bay and rather untidy, wild punches. Frazier did most of his best work in close, so I would have expected Foreman to box and use his jab to set up his power shots. But crucially he seemed unable to do this and was allowed to get away with resorting to pushes and shoves followed by wild swings that left him prime to be caught square from a left hook - frazier's signature punch.

As it happened, Foremans power and roughhousing was too much for Frazier but I do think it would have been interesting to see what would have happened with a different ref. As Ali showed, Foreman could be prone to punching himself out with his big swings and the drawback of having power is that you often dont get into later rounds. Frazier for me was reasonably successful at getting to Foreman early on made possible by Foreman neglecting the jab. Had it gone on for longer with a ref that wouldnt let Foreman away with his pushing I think it would have been interesting.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-22-2014, 03:45 PM
greeh
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 greeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,424.08
Total Points: 47,446.45

Old 09-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,735,858,944,491,896.00
Total Points: 7,040,658,944,620,431.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Frazier was just not designed to beat foreman...
Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 PM
greeh
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 greeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond reputegreeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,424.08
Total Points: 47,446.45

Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Elroy1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Elroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond reputeElroy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,088,382.76
One of the best posters on Boxingscene - Weltschmerz A man of honour and steel, stares diversity right in its face and says no I applaud your actions comrade. - Red Cyclone No Message - Scott.Weiland To use while you wank over Wlad's pics - Ziggy Stardust one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 
Keep that brain safe! - milkroot Quality poster. Exposing nostalgists. - Box-Office No Message - Scott-Weiland 

Kind of like a completely different breed of men they were. Foreman didn't need to box at all, no matter what Frazier did, he could never hurt Foreman and could never withstand him. Too strong.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
rightsideup
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,200,408,908.42

George just had a style and physical makeup that caused Joe problems Joe never fought backing up.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM
abdelfadeel
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 abdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these partsabdelfadeel is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,436.25

what if joe was using the 76 style?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,735,858,944,491,896.00
Total Points: 7,040,658,944,620,431.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelfadeel View Post
what if joe was using the 76 style?
He may have lasted longer but the result would be the same
Old 09-23-2014, 05:36 AM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 462 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,753,518,963,943,365,632.00
Total Points: 2,753,518,963,943,374,336.00
thanks bud :fing02: - -jose- seasoned with camel toe juice :lol1: - -jose- Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Happy Thanksgiving homie! - -jose- you welcome bud - -jose- 
Thanks bud - -jose- Merry Xmas to you and your Family TBear. - HughJass same to you TBear - Talisayen happy holidays to you and your loved ones, my friend - jazluvr Happy Holidays - guardian 
Merry Christmas Buddy Roe - Chief2ndzOnly! Merry Christmas back at ya. To one of the coolest people on here. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Holidays Bro! - peyk-peyk same to you bro - acidity Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year to you and your Family Bear. - HughJass Happy New Year my friend! - jazluvr congratulations T :usa2: - -jose- To our new mod.Congrats Bear. - HughJass Congrats on your new mod promo, bro! - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

I agree it is hard to imagine any other outcome between Frazier and Foreman but I have to point out it was not the same Frazier that fought Ali. After beating Ali, Frazier was fed a couple tomato cans over the next couple years. He put on weight and didn't train like he did before Ali. For the Stander fight he was twelve pounds heavier than he was when he fought Ali. Frazier also had vision problems that plagued him through a lot during his later career.

As I said, I cannot imagine another outcome but it was definitely not the same Frazier we seen previous to and during the first Ali fight.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,156,172,807.36
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 

I don't know why people refuse to acknowledge Foreman's illegal tactics that TS pointed out. It's not like he said that Frazier would have won if it wasn't for the pushing tactics of Foreman.

It's a fact, pushing on the shoulder is simply not allowed in Boxing, especially when it is done to create space for punches. I know a lot of fighters have used dirty tactics, but in this case it was a MASSIVE factor in the outcome of the fight.