Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
gamesworn
Contender

Rep Power: 1 gamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,061.99
Default Request: Adding IBHOF/WBHOF Status to the Opponents of a Fighter's Resume

Guys, If there is anyone here who are working/editor in Wikipedia/Boxrec. Please add the HOF status to the opponents of a fighter's resume. With this, you can easily find out who were these opponents he defeated or lost to, that were HOF fighter (Without clicking the link on every name fighter he fought and finding out who among these men were inducted in IBHOF/WBHOF).

Imagine Sugar Ray Robinson Resume. I don't know most of his opponents and in order for me to watch his fights against HOF fighters. I need to click every link to his 100+ name fighters opponent just to know if they are HOF. I think it's a waste of time. And adding their HOF status can save our precious time.

I think this will be helpful for some of us here who usually watch classic fights between 2 great fighters. Especially for the young fans who missed the great fights in the old era of boxing.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
gamesworn
Contender

Rep Power: 1 gamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond reputegamesworn has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great addition of information to the fighters resume. Hopefully someday someone can implement this in the future. Thanks in advance

Boxing Fans: What do you think guys? Do you agree with me?

Here is my example: Ali's Resume
Old 04-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,416,670,641,507,968.00
Total Points: 13,721,470,641,675,600.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

I like the idea...

Thought the only drawback is that people will use that as if it's a true indicator of greatness, but they will lose sight of the context of the fight.. Was the hall of famer shot or was he still near his peak? Those will be the things missed as people will only focus on the number of HOF opponents but not the quality
Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Ben Bolt
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Ben Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,047,987.56

So many brave warriors who have entertained us through the years but to a lot (the majority?) of them, it came with a high price at the end of their careers and most will never be considered for Hall of Fame honors.

While boxing orgs Presidents and promoters who never risked their lives between the ropes get selected. Who f*cking cares.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:26 AM
gamesworn
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Bolt View Post
So many brave warriors who have entertained us through the years but to a lot (the majority?) of them, it came with a high price at the end of their careers and most will never be considered for Hall of Fame honors.
While boxing orgs Presidents and promoters who never risked their lives between the ropes get selected. Who f*cking cares.
My main goal here is not to the degrade any boxer who are not HOF but to give us more info on a fighters resume.
You can also see here his level of competition in comparison into his Win/Loss Record. Most of the losses of Duran and Griffith were from past their prime or from another HOF/Great fighters. This losses didn't affect their legacies and still regarded as ATGs.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:33 AM
gamesworn
Contender

Continuation......... to my post 5
If you regularly watch youtube fights like me. Then this can save you a lot of time. Unless you want to watch his whole career fight, then good for you. I don't have the luxury of time to watch the whole fighter's career and I don't want to watch fights between great fighter and b/c level fighter. So many greats fight I want to see first instead of a mismatch fight.

Note: Admins. Why can't I post a long message anymore? I need to post this reply into two parts and I need to separate this thread too, into two parts (look at my post above). What's the problem?
Old 04-12-2015, 02:45 AM
gamesworn
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
I like the idea...
Thought the only drawback is that people will use that as if it's a true indicator of greatness, but they will lose sight of the context of the fight.. Was the hall of famer shot or was he still near his peak? Those will be the things missed as people will only focus on the number of HOF opponents but not the quality
I think it's still good indicator to the greatness of fighter. Why? Because I think beating a post-prime great fighter is still much better,experienced, proven than a prime C level fighters. Lets be honest here, every great fighter before fought at least 1 washed up great fighter in their entire career. And if you want to rank fighters, extensive research is still needed for you to rank them properly.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:23 AM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,416,670,641,507,968.00
Total Points: 13,721,470,641,675,600.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesworn View Post
I think it's still good indicator to the greatness of fighter. Why? Because I think beating a post-prime great fighter is still much better,experienced, proven than a prime C level fighters. Lets be honest here, every great fighter before fought at least 1 washed up great fighter in their entire career. And if you want to rank fighters, extensive research is still needed for you to rank them properly.
I disagree... Beating a guy like mosely, morales, roy at the end of their careers shouldn't be considered a great win and elevate someone's resume..
Old 04-12-2015, 03:37 AM
gamesworn
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
I disagree... Beating a guy like mosely, morales, roy at the end of their careers shouldn't be considered a great win and elevate someone's resume..
I know it won't elavate someone's resume that much but it still would add little to their legacies, especially if they dominate the fight. Beating them is still much better than beating c level fighters in their primes.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:40 AM
Ben Bolt
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Ben Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,047,987.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesworn View Post
My main goal here is not to the degrade any boxer who are not HOF
No, I didnt think you were.
If not to me, so I know HOF creates great interest among lots of boxing fans, so Id better keep my mouth shut.

Quite a revolutionary thing youtube has been. Not many years ago, collecting boxing films was a very expensive pleasure. Now its all there, just a mouse click away.