Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,249.19
Total Points: 804,051.65
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 
Arrow Salvador Sánchez:Which fights would you recommend?

I dont know much about this guy, so could anyone here recommend which fights I should check out?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-17-2010, 10:53 AM
GameGod
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,900.34

The obvious one is his fight with Wilfredo Gomez.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,249.19
Total Points: 804,051.65
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGod View Post
The obvious one is his fight with Wilfredo Gomez.
Thanks ill try and find it now. Also how would you describe his style and his defensive technique?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
HaglerSteelChin
Self-Exiled

Rep Power: 10 HaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,468,271.32
Total Points: 42,579,610.26
gizmo - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin right back at you girly man - E.P.T. sleep on this while you think about Hagler - E.P.T. 
Cheers, thanks for the gesture - A-Wolf 

I recommend highly his fights with Juan Laporte and Ruben Castillo. Laporte i felt won most of the early rounds but Sanchez came back to win. But it was great action. Laporte as i mentioned in another thread was a game fighter who i felt beat Chavez in a close fight but lost the decision.

Castillo was i thought a closer fight than his SD win over Cowdell. Castillo i felt gave him a tough challenge and the fight was much closer than the actual scorecards. But the Cowdell fight is also worth watching.

There is also his memorable fight with a young Azumah Nelson at Madison Square Garden, which turn out to be his last fight.

Than you have the two fights with Danny Little Red Lopez. There are only about 19 Sanchez fights available in film, but i think most of them are available in YT or other sites.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Stone Roses!
Banned

Bank: 19,882,109.49
Total Points: 20,414,801.72
keep pawning people homie - Tha_Greatest No Message - BostonGuy koo poster! - Erik13 for always having my back! - Gorilla Dogs 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Freedom Fighter 

Sanchez vs Nelson was a good fight with drama. Check that out.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,555,574,501,200.32
Total Points: 52,585,807,611,547.16
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
I recommend highly his fights with Juan Laporte and Ruben Castillo. Laporte i felt won most of the early rounds but Sanchez came back to win. But it was great action. Laporte as i mentioned in another thread was a game fighter who i felt beat Chavez in a close fight but lost the decision.

Castillo was i thought a closer fight than his SD win over Cowdell. Castillo i felt gave him a tough challenge and the fight was much closer than the actual scorecards. But the Cowdell fight is also worth watching.

There is also his memorable fight with a young Azumah Nelson at Madison Square Garden, which turn out to be his last fight.

Than you have the two fights with Danny Little Red Lopez. There are only about 19 Sanchez fights available in film, but i think most of them are available in YT or other sites.
These are all the fights to start with for him.

His style was an aggressive boxer/puncher. He could counter and box beautifully and brawl just as well. Great chin, good defense, though brawled too much a lot of the time and was more than happy to (however when he played the counter punching boxer had a very good defense) and his inside and outside game were both brilliant.

He truly was an incredible fighter and could have done amazing things had he gone on. His combination punching was a sight to behold and was a highly skilled fighter that had determination and a will to win second to none.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 AM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 164,893.89
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -IronMike- View Post
Thanks ill try and find it now. Also how would you describe his style and his defensive technique?
He was a boxer puncher with a great chin.Technically he was very sound Mills Lane the great ref said he was one of the best technical fighters he had seen.Could mix it up too against Gomez probably the biggest puncher at that time and Sanchez had no problem going toe to toe with him and got the better of Gomez.Unbelievable to thing all he had achieved by the time of his death
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 AM
HaglerSteelChin
Self-Exiled

Rep Power: 10 HaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,468,271.32
Total Points: 42,579,610.26
gizmo - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin right back at you girly man - E.P.T. sleep on this while you think about Hagler - E.P.T. 
Cheers, thanks for the gesture - A-Wolf 

Marco Antonio Barrera the great Mexican fighter said he felt that Sanchez was techinicall better than Chavez.

Many have said he wouldn't be able to move up in weight which is preposterous. He beat Gomez and was better than Gomez, yet Gomez did eventually become a three weight class champ, i think with the modern paper belt system it is very likely that Sanchez could have won titles Super Feather and Lightweight.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Marcov
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 160 Marcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond reputeMarcov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,888,047,867,536,011,520.00
Total Points: 1,888,047,867,536,014,080.00
superman for a super guy - Talisayen another one bro - Talisayen here's another one bud - Talisayen enjoy - project xxx1 gifts - cooper5 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier oktoberfest - led trick or treat? what's up, bud... - BABYBOXER instead of green - speedjay sending gifts to friends today - serv 
gift giving time to friends - serv No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Merry Christmas - TBear 
Merry Christmas - TBear Happy Holidays Marcov.. - !! AI-Holmes!! thanks for the New Years Green, Happy New Years to you too :beerchug: - jose830 Happy Holidays bro! - jazluvr &quot;We settle for guns because tanks don't fit under our beds.&quot;    lol - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Killa_Kali Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BABYBOXER Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - BABYBOXER 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

D. Lopez I and Nelson are classics.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 AM
gibo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 gibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,054,626.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by any craic lad? View Post
He was a boxer puncher with a great chin.Technically he was very sound Mills Lane the great ref said he was one of the best technical fighters he had seen.Could mix it up too against Gomez probably the biggest puncher at that time and Sanchez had no problem going toe to toe with him and got the better of Gomez.Unbelievable to thing all he had achieved by the time of his death
Sanchez was a good fighter. But Mills Lane NEVER said THAT!!! SORRY!!!