Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
aristotlemoses
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 aristotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond reputearistotlemoses has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,282,897.76
Total Points: 21,593,981.36
Have a drink on me homey - mangler Because you are one of the few who "realize" that Michael J. Fox influenced Chuck Berry... :D - ABOSWORTH 2000 posts!!!! - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.G. View Post
FUUUUUUCK. I just wrote out a bunch of reviews only for Mozilla to crash and delete the post. I hereby vow to never write more than a paragraph on here again.

The films were: Mother (IMDB), Exit Through The Gift Shop (IMDB), The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (IMDB), Dogtooth (IMDB), Black Dynamite (IMDB) and The Secret In Their Eyes (IMDB) - give 'em a watch.
mother was a really good movie.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
-The Glove-
Rock out w/ ur Hawk out

Rep Power: 40 -The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,992,531,574,707.84
Total Points: 50,105,529,073,865.86
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! haha Have a cold one - Natedatpkid Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Enjoy the game tonight. Don't get griffin'd. - Very Rich Man 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunce101 View Post
get him to the greek

do'nt waste your time lads
I found it pretty funny. Wasn't really expecting too much out of it, so it didn't disappoint.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Rep Power: 16 Libido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 111,841,913,973.36
Total Points: 122,909,434,583.48
freddie was mexican...that had me rolling LOL - Makavelli finally allowin me to buy beer - Makavelli laker parade was dope - Makavelli 4 beers = 4 titles this decade - Makavelli Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. 
Be Joyful - Gift Giver For your libido - The Scientist Another, just for the lulz - The Scientist First chapter says approach them smoothly, handing them a rose is just what's needed. - SkillspayBills Second chapter says get them drunk and take them home. Why is this book only two chapters!?!?!? - SkillspayBills 
Hail to the Cameltoe Champ! - sigrab sip this wine - MANGLER You're a real man :D - -Jack- For the generous donation homie. - Big Smoke 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Blue Blood (2007)

Pretty decent documentary about a boxing club at Oxford University who have a centuries old rivalry with Cambridge. The students we follow trying to make it on the team are not looking to become pro boxers, they're philosophy, arts, astrophysics, etc. majors who want to join the Blues because of recognition and to challenge themselves. Some of the young cats are ****y, dorky, weird and their "skills" are far from great (some fight kinda funny actually), but it's cool to see them train and prepare for their big matches.

Things start off kinda slow, but once you get to know each dude it gets pretty good. There's some real smart music choices used for the final boxing matches and you can't help but root for the guys or at least feel all the nerves and all the highs and lows they go through.

Saw it on Sundance Channel, so if you got cable they'll probably show it again this month and worth a look if you're bored and shit.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Rep Power: 6 Freelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,251,447,490.82
Total Points: 14,251,518,754.51

The Mothman Prophecies 2002

A good year for movies. Saw this one for the 4th time maybe and it still creeps me out a bit. Richard Gere plays a reporter that lost his wife and somehow gets stuck in the small town of Point Pleasant. It's a book adaptation, it's eerie and it's about mothmen.

If anyone saw something similar ( psychological thriller/mistery/horror with no gore and more suspense) lemme know please. Already watched White noise, The Machinist, Session 9, Let the right one in and Dragonfly. Probably a bunch of others I can't remember now also.

8.5/10

Last edited by Venoame; 11-23-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Uturn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Uturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,514,585.76
Total Points: 101,393,006,165.20
Stevie G Sig - Merseyside one for the avi - led Funny Story - jjbj2 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - John-Locke-9-22 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - KINGPIN4LIFE Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

Bloodsport. An absolute classic. If you haven't seen it I guess suggest you do!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:11 PM
*OG Wenger*
Banned

Rep Power: 0 *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger* *OG Wenger*
Bank: 269,906,363.15
Total Points: 1,696,609,420.26
seeing as you ain't got any shit - Sir TomJones Building on what TJ started - D.I.E.S.E.L enjoy fag - raskat you are a tool - Ogecca MaMa Super Ramsey - Sir TomJones 
Plastic Paddy - S~T~J 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa 

Black Death- Engaging, well directed medieval horror-slash-thriller with strong performances, a genuinely chilling atmosphere and an unusually thoughtful script. 7/10
Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Rep Power: 16 Libido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond repute
freddie was mexican...that had me rolling LOL - Makavelli finally allowin me to buy beer - Makavelli laker parade was dope - Makavelli 4 beers = 4 titles this decade - Makavelli Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. 
Be Joyful - Gift Giver For your libido - The Scientist Another, just for the lulz - The Scientist First chapter says approach them smoothly, handing them a rose is just what's needed. - SkillspayBills Second chapter says get them drunk and take them home. Why is this book only two chapters!?!?!? - SkillspayBills 
Hail to the Cameltoe Champ! - sigrab sip this wine - MANGLER You're a real man :D - -Jack- For the generous donation homie. - Big Smoke 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Them (2006)

French flick set in Romania about a couple being terrorized in their big-ass house located in some remote area. Supposedly based on a true story, there's some solid suspense, but overall, aside from finding out who the killers are, it's pretty much by-the-numbers horror stuff. (The main girl is pretty sexy in her own way.) 7/10

Old 11-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Next Day Air (2009)

Some friends said this was good, but personally thought it was disappointing. A shitload of yayo ends up delivered to the wrong apartment and a whole bunch of stereotypical ghetto folks end up in a whole bunch of trouble. Not enough laughs, the look of the film was kind of shitty, but there's one really super hot Dominican chick in it at least. 4.5/10

Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Whip It (2009)

Go 'head laugh, but I was curious about this movie. I never saw the trailer, but I should have guessed this was gonna be a total chick flick... and it was. It's too bad because an R-Rated movie about roller derby chicks set in the '70s would have been bad ass. Instead we get a contemporary sanitized flick that has way too many feel good moments and love stories (but hey it's a chick flick, so it is what it is).

Anyways, Drew Barrymore directed this and she did an OK job (there's some really cool shots here and there). Ellen Page did a good job of skating in the movie. The roller derby chicks are not hot, so I guess they kept it real on that level. All in all, it was OK but it felt like a lost opportunity... 6.5/10

Old 11-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Pootie Tang (2001)

Sa da tay.