Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,890,111,746.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Sp1ke Lee is making a remake of Oldboy this October. I haven't liked a Sp1ke Lee film since Inside Man and he hasn't had a really really good film since Malcolm X, but he's got Josh Brolin and Samuel L. Jackson for his version of Oldboy. Could be good.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 PM
- Righteous -
No easy way out

Rep Power: 34 - Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: -1,959,130,539,377,029.50
Total Points: -628,030,539,313,751.50
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
No Message - Pretty Boy32 thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles 
No Message - -jose- biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz 
kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inITtoWINit View Post
Battle Royale was a great movie.

Agree. Wasn't that impressed with Man with the Iron fists.
I will say that one thing the movie excels at is picking some beautiful ass asian women.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Rep Power: 16 Libido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 111,841,913,973.36
Total Points: 122,909,434,614.48
freddie was mexican...that had me rolling LOL - Makavelli finally allowin me to buy beer - Makavelli laker parade was dope - Makavelli 4 beers = 4 titles this decade - Makavelli Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. 
Be Joyful - Gift Giver For your libido - The Scientist Another, just for the lulz - The Scientist First chapter says approach them smoothly, handing them a rose is just what's needed. - SkillspayBills Second chapter says get them drunk and take them home. Why is this book only two chapters!?!?!? - SkillspayBills 
Hail to the Cameltoe Champ! - sigrab sip this wine - MANGLER You're a real man :D - -Jack- For the generous donation homie. - Big Smoke 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhnienko View Post
Some more Korean gems for you.

Saw this last year. Pretty entertaining. Some intense scenes.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Rep Power: 16 Libido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond repute
freddie was mexican...that had me rolling LOL - Makavelli finally allowin me to buy beer - Makavelli laker parade was dope - Makavelli 4 beers = 4 titles this decade - Makavelli Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. 
Be Joyful - Gift Giver For your libido - The Scientist Another, just for the lulz - The Scientist First chapter says approach them smoothly, handing them a rose is just what's needed. - SkillspayBills Second chapter says get them drunk and take them home. Why is this book only two chapters!?!?!? - SkillspayBills 
Hail to the Cameltoe Champ! - sigrab sip this wine - MANGLER You're a real man :D - -Jack- For the generous donation homie. - Big Smoke 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

I personally liked End of Watch. Except the mini-camera POV seemed like an unnecessary gimmick and at times, especially later in the film, it seemed like they abandoned the idea (or at least that's the way I remember it).

The film definitely makes you feel for the characters. It pulls emotional strings. Saw the movie in a theatre and you could hear chicks in the audience crying towards the end.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Fandango (1985)
Road trip movie involving Texas college buddies set during the Vietnam War. Basically, these friends have one last weekend to avoid responsibilities before entering adulthood. The film is directed by Kevin Reynolds and stars Kevin Costner (before they made Robin Hood together). It's an early Amblin Entertainment production (Spielberg's company) so it has a bit of that softer, mainstream edge to it. There's a couple of memorable scenes that made it worth watching. 7.5/10

The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz (1955)
As a fan of Luis Buñuel I'm sorta biased when talking about his work. I think he's one of the ATGs. This darkly humorous tale is from his Mexican period and tells the tale of a twisted rich kid who after a strange encounter grows up with a rather sick sexual fetish: he wants to kill women. The only thing is every time he tries to.... well, don't want to spoil it. Buñuel, of course, was known for surrealism, but a lot of his films during the middle of his career were not the all-out surrealist productions like his early and late work. Still, there's a potent magic in a lot of his films during this time. This movie is perverted fun. 9/10

El (1953)
Another great Buñuel film. In this one you see a man completely eaten up by jealousy and insecurity after marrying his wife. Like he often did, Buñuel manages to take a few shots at the Catholic church as well. 9.5/10
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Even The Wind Is Afraid (1968)
Well-made Mexican suspense film about strange happenings at an all-girl boarding school. The feel is most definitely old school so don't expect anything close to blood and guts. Some of these girls are really cute. There's a "strip tease" scene that's pretty funny. I dug it, but again this might be too slow for people who like action movies. 8/10

The Calamari Wrestler (2004)
Light-hearted comedy from Japan about a human-sized wrestling squid that's part love story, part Rocky. It's put together pretty well, but it was just hard to get past the costumes, since they look so obviously fake. The movie does have its heart in the right place and was fun for the most part. 7.5/10

Dr. Alien (1989)
If you're a fan of low-budget '80s teen sex comedies, this one is sort of a lost gem from that era with a really good cast (dude from Parker Lewis Can't Lose stars in it and there's some nice girls to look at... pr0n legend Ginger Lynn has a small role...) If you grew up staying up hella late to watch naked chicks on Skinemax, this might interest you. Everyone else probably won't like it. Very biased 7.5/10
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,850,098.46
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
.......Now I know how you got that C*nt of the week" title by that other poster
Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.......Now I know how you got that C*nt of the week" title by that other poster
LOL WTF??? That GIF meant I was excited that ****e Lee was remaking OLD BOY.

LMAO.

EDIT: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ANOREK'S ****** ass made a thread devoted to me? The guy truly is a butt hurt loser.

Oh know! I said Evander Holyfield was one of the most skilled HW's. That really deserved it's own thread? God this site never ceases to amaze me.

He took it to LarryX's levels. LOL.

Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-22-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,850,098.46
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
LOL WTF??? That GIF meant I was excited that ****e Lee was remaking OLD BOY.

LMAO.

EDIT: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ANOREK'S ****** ass made a thread devoted to me? The guy truly is a butt hurt loser.

Oh know! I said Evander Holyfield was one of the most skilled HW's. That really deserved it's own thread? God this site never ceases to amaze me.

He took it to LarryX's levels. LOL.
Seemed like a sarcastic who cares to me....my bad.

I love how I can't spell Sp1ke without it being edited out on here. But yeah I'm actually looking forward to see it given Brolin and Jackson are in it.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Quote:
Seemed like a sarcastic who cares to me....my bad.

I love how I can't spell Sp1ke without it being edited out on here. But yeah I'm actually looking forward to see it given Brolin and Jackson are in it.
Gonna be such a sick movie. I bet Jackson's gonna play the sister's brother (spoiler), if you know what I mean.

Edit: Or the gang leader.

Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-22-2013 at 02:24 AM..