Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Calilloyd
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 624,385.10
Total Points: 651,776.63
For being one helluva poster!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloada View Post

With the recent talks between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in silence and Bob Arum's need to get Pacquiao back in the ring in November, Mayweather may not be Manny's next opponent. In fact I would bet that he won't be.

However, it would would not bother me if they didn't meet later this year, because I believe it sets up one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Michael Konz, Manny Pacquiao's closest adviser, has gone on record stating that if Floyd backs out of the proposed November bout, Pacquiao's next fight would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

Now as much as I love Cotto i would not want to see him beaten again at the hands of the far superior Pacquiao.

The logical reason for a rematch in boxing is due to the fact that the bout was close, not a physical one sided beat down.

Here is the logical match that should happen now that Mosley seems to be done at 38, a fight with the Tijuana Tornado himself, Antonio Margarito. It is my belief that Margarito would stop Pacquiao inside of 11 rounds. Here are my reasons why.

Margarito stands at 5'11", while Manny stands at only 5'7." Size doesn't always matter, but in this case, it does.

Pacquiao has never faced a young, hard-hitting, hungry and taller man like he would face in Margarito. He will also be taking a dose of his own medicine because Pacquiao has become a relentless stalker similar to the bigger Margarito.

Also, Pacquiao has never taken body shots well. In fact, the two knock outs early in his career came by way of body punches. Now, remember that when Margarito beat the unbeaten Cotto, it was because he broke him down over time with body punches.

Now the final reason why Margarito would beat Pacquiao.

Manny is a great head hunter and tends to knock out all of his opponents at welterweight and lightweight with shots to the head. Remember, Margarito fought Paul Williams and barely lost. Williams is a fast southpaw and throws a thousand punches per fight much like Pacquiao, but he is also much taller.

Manny will land plenty of shots early, while coming forward but as the fight goes on Pacquiao will find his best punches are not affecting Margarito, and Margarito is hurting his body quite often.

Manny will begin to receive hits more often, with not only shots to the body but more shots upstairs until Roach throws in the towel.

So if Floyd does not want to fight this year, can we all agree that Antonio Margarito is the more logical choice than the man both he and Pacquiao have already beaten.

link

Not at this stage of his career and I'm not sure if he ever would have. Speed kills and Margarito has always had slow hands. I think it's a bad style match up for him.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Boxing Scene
Boxing Scene

Rep Power: 21491 Boxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,000,000,000,740,294,656.00
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear New gift for the New Year! - TBear Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
marg beat cotto way worse than pac did
Not really. Pac knocked Cotto down with one punch twice. From that point on Cotto ran from him. Cotto never ran from Margarito and took the beating. That's the only reason he looked worse than when he fought Pac. I think it speaks wonders that Pac can knock Cotto down with one punch and Margarito can't even knock down a "C" level guy in his comeback fight.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
ed*words
Contender

Total Points: 8,648.71

the fight would start with jim lampley talking stupid as usual:"margarito doesnt deserve to be in the ring right now, plus pacman (bam, bam, bam) is going to destroy him". then the fight starts. pacman comes out confident and lands the first few combos, late in the rd margo starts to counter to the body as the bell rings. lampley: "pacman is too much, margo has no answers for speed". kellerman thinking to himself:" did this idiot not see the body shots margo just landed?" ha ha...pace will pick up with violent exchanges next couple of rds, by the time roach tells pacman to get on his bike it will be too late...margo will leave pacman rolling around the mat with body shots. kellerman:"what now jim lampley!" ha ha
Old 07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
ballgamessuck
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 ballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond reputeballgamessuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 407.02
Total Points: 86,922.06
have a beer on me son - MELLY-MEL... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloada View Post

With the recent talks between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in silence and Bob Arum's need to get Pacquiao back in the ring in November, Mayweather may not be Manny's next opponent. In fact I would bet that he won't be.

However, it would would not bother me if they didn't meet later this year, because I believe it sets up one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Michael Konz, Manny Pacquiao's closest adviser, has gone on record stating that if Floyd backs out of the proposed November bout, Pacquiao's next fight would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

Now as much as I love Cotto i would not want to see him beaten again at the hands of the far superior Pacquiao.

The logical reason for a rematch in boxing is due to the fact that the bout was close, not a physical one sided beat down.

Here is the logical match that should happen now that Mosley seems to be done at 38, a fight with the Tijuana Tornado himself, Antonio Margarito. It is my belief that Margarito would stop Pacquiao inside of 11 rounds. Here are my reasons why.

Margarito stands at 5'11", while Manny stands at only 5'7." Size doesn't always matter, but in this case, it does.

Pacquiao has never faced a young, hard-hitting, hungry and taller man like he would face in Margarito. He will also be taking a dose of his own medicine because Pacquiao has become a relentless stalker similar to the bigger Margarito.

Also, Pacquiao has never taken body shots well. In fact, the two knock outs early in his career came by way of body punches. Now, remember that when Margarito beat the unbeaten Cotto, it was because he broke him down over time with body punches.
Now the final reason why Margarito would beat Pacquiao.

Manny is a great head hunter and tends to knock out all of his opponents at welterweight and lightweight with shots to the head. Remember, Margarito fought Paul Williams and barely lost. Williams is a fast southpaw and throws a thousand punches per fight much like Pacquiao, but he is also much taller.

Manny will land plenty of shots early, while coming forward but as the fight goes on Pacquiao will find his best punches are not affecting Margarito, and Margarito is hurting his body quite often.

Manny will begin to receive hits more often, with not only shots to the body but more shots upstairs until Roach throws in the towel.

So if Floyd does not want to fight this year, can we all agree that Antonio Margarito is the more logical choice than the man both he and Pacquiao have already beaten.

link
Of course, it could have been something else that broke Cotto down...., but of course we will never know. Paq has much better footwork, much faster hands than Marg, not saying it will be like the Clottey fight because Marg will fight back, but the reason Clottey covered up so much is that when he did throw, Paq jumped in, scored, and jumped back out. Paq will land more on Marg than he did on Clottey because Marg throws a lot of his own. If Paq were to try to stand toe to toe and trade with Marg, he loses. Roach will not allow that, Paq will land, move, land again. To me it is an interesting matchup.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
empiricix
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 empiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond reputeempiricix has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,015,191.67

Putting aside the fact that Margarito is a cheat who doesn't deserve a payday against Pacquiao, I think he poses a significant threat to Pac. I'd be willing to overlook my prejudice against Margarito just to see that battle.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
GRANDSLAM
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 GRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these partsGRANDSLAM is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 34,644.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1700 View Post
**** Margarito. That is all I have to say
Co-sign. Without plaster Tony is a club fighter.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM
MR.CHICANITO
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond reputeMR.CHICANITO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,212,302.11
Total Points: 27,217,271.55
Just showing my appreciation - Massage Queen No Message - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
all this would be a true test for antonio margarito to clear up his name or his innocence and to truly redeem himself he needs to fight rematches with joshua clottey and paul williams and see just how much he has left
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
PsYcHoDaD
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 PsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond reputePsYcHoDaD has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,510.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
The sad part is that all the haters will still tune in when Pac fights Margs.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Mersey
Dirt Nasty

Rep Power: 30 Mersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond reputeMersey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,279,323,671.45
Total Points: 332,280,543,791.02
Pizza - ??? You need alcohol bro - mangler suppp - Ether My nizzle! - mangler jr Merry Christmas - RiΖO 
More food for ya - mangler Beer for the fights - mangler :D - -veteran420- Tis the season - mangler Sip this wine - mangler 
Have an Apple! - ßreakbeat tuna melt - MANGLER For When You Want To Watch Liverpool fc play :P - BritishBoxing92 celebrate - TBear been a minute - MANGLER 
My favourite Scouse, Though Steve McManaman could get it. Ferry cross da Mersey  :love: - *Boss Lady* 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Sαntα Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sir Tom Jones Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - ??? 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? 
Autism - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Artur Kyshenko 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz 

War Margarito!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM
_I Am_
Banned

Rep Power: 0 _I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute_I Am_ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,357,342.04
Cotto MURKS Chavez jr..LOL..enjoy a beer on me tho my nigguh.. - Eyesolated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaIce View Post
war Pacquio and i say this as a mexican
You are a disgrace and a sorry sack of dog ****..... You are now excommunicated from REAL Mexicans.....