Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Aussie Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Who Ranks Higher???
Anthony Mundine 14 77.78%
Danny Green 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

Bank: 2,105,462.10
Total Points: 2,379,701.31
46-0 - JoeyZagz 
Arrow Danny Green vs Anthony Mundine - Who's Greater?

Danny 'The Green Machine' Green

World Titles

WBC Super Middleweight Champion (Interim)
WBA Light Heavyweight Champion
IBO Cruiserweight Champion

Notable Wins

Eric Lucas
Stipe Drews
Julio Cesar Dominguez
Otis Griffin
Roy Jones Jr
Manny Siaca

Notable Losses

Markus Beyer (x 2)
Anthony Mundine

Anthony 'The Man' Mundine

World Titles

2 Time WBA Super Middleweight Champion
IBO Middleweight Champion

Notable Wins

Sam Soliman (x 3)
Antwun Echols
Nader Hamdan
Danny Green
Jose Alberto Clavero
Shannan Taylor
Daniel Geale

Notable Losses

Mikkel Kessler
Sven Ottke
Manny Siaca
Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,760,455.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Mundine for mine. Not only did he beat him but he has the better wins on his resume IMO. Echols and Green are better than any of the guys Green beat when you take into consideration the times at which he beat them. Jones was shot to **** when Green fought him and Lucas was also way past his best.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan... View Post
Mundine for mine. Not only did he beat him but he has the better wins on his resume IMO. Echols and Green are better than any of the guys Green beat when you take into consideration the times at which he beat them. Jones was shot to **** when Green fought him and Lucas was also way past his best.
I must agree. Danny Green's most notable wins were over Roy Jones Jr and Stipe Drews. Roy Jones had been Knocked Out by Glen Johnson and Tarver. Not to mention he got slapped around by Calzaghe. He was absolutely shot to **** when Danny Green beat him.

Also, If you have seen the Stipe Drews fight you would know that Drews was obviously payed to throw the fight. That was a mockery of a World Title fight. Drews didn't even want to engage and it was boring as ****.

We have to also consider Mundine's loss to Sven Ottke was when he only had 10 pro fights and was boxing for only 1 year. Mundine should never have taken that fight soo early in his career. Futhermore, Mundine lost to an undefeated prime Mikkel Kessler and imo put in a tremendous performance.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Roses View Post
I must agree. Danny Green's most notable wins were over Roy Jones Jr and Stipe Drews. Roy Jones had been Knocked Out by Glen Johnson and Tarver. Not to mention he got slapped around by Calzaghe. He was absolutely shot to **** when Danny Green beat him.

Also, If you have seen the Stipe Drews fight you would know that Drews was obviously payed to throw the fight. That was a mockery of a World Title fight. Drews didn't even want to engage and it was boring as ****.

We have to also consider Mundine's loss to Sven Ottke was when he only had 10 pro fights and was boxing for only 1 year. Mundine should never have taken that fight soo early in his career. Futhermore, Mundine lost to an undefeated prime Mikkel Kessler and imo put in a tremendous performance.
Obviously Jones was very shot when Green beat him. Nobody with a clue denies that.

I don't think Drews was paid to throw it, he is just that ****.

Well Mundine's LOSS to Ottke isn't a bad thing in terms of how it places him relative to Green. Ottke obviously retired undefeated with wins over some very good fighters (regardless of whether or not they were legit). Sven KO'ing Mundine is funny though, given I'm not sure he could hurt my mother.

I wouldn't call Mundine's performance against Kessler "tremendous". He didn't disgrace himself but I felt that he defined himself as a B-class fighter in that fight. Instead of putting everything out there like he needed to do to win he retreated into his shell and was prepared to box his way to a wide decision loss.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
Obviously Jones was very shot when Green beat him. Nobody with a clue denies that.

I don't think Drews was paid to throw it, he is just that ****.

Well Mundine's LOSS to Ottke isn't a bad thing in terms of how it places him relative to Green. Ottke obviously retired undefeated with wins over some very good fighters (regardless of whether or not they were legit). Sven KO'ing Mundine is funny though, given I'm not sure he could hurt my mother.

I wouldn't call Mundine's performance against Kessler "tremendous". He didn't disgrace himself but I felt that he defined himself as a B-class fighter in that fight. Instead of putting everything out there like he needed to do to win he retreated into his shell and was prepared to box his way to a wide decision loss.
I don't rank Ottke very highly. The Refs in Germany can go to ****ing hell. But relative to Green's opponents, that loss doesn't really hurt Mundine's ranking imo. Mundine put in a good performance vs Kessler and proved he could hang on a world level. Green is yet to pull off something like that. I guess a fight with Briggs will tell us what he really is made of, even though Briggs is coming off a long lay-off and is the smaller man.

Green blew that first fight with Beyer and he was totally outclassed by Mundine. I reckon that fight was Mundine's best performance to date.

Also, I love how 3 unknown posters have already 1 starred my thread. LMAO. No doubt it was the zionists on these boards. They just can't seem to get off my nuts.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Quote:
I don't rank Ottke very highly. The Refs in Germany can go to ****ing hell. But relative to Green's opponents, that loss doesn't really hurt Mundine's ranking imo. Mundine put in a good performance vs Kessler and proved he could hang on a world level. Green is yet to pull off something like that. I guess a fight with Briggs will tell us what he really is made of, even though Briggs is coming off a long lay-off and is the smaller man.

Green blew that first fight with Beyer and he was totally outclassed by Mundine. I reckon that fight was Mundine's best performance to date.

Also, I love how 3 unknown posters have already 1 starred my thread. LMAO. No doubt it was the zionists on these boards. They just can't seem to get off my nuts.
How is a fight with Paul at this stage going to tell us that? Briggs is coming off a massive lay off and looked horrible last time out.

Green beating Briggs will tell us absolutely nothing.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Quote:
How is a fight with Paul at this stage going to tell us that? Briggs is coming off a massive lay off and looked horrible last time out.

Green beating Briggs will tell us absolutely nothing.
Yeah mate if you read the entire sentence I mentioned that also. But Green's level of comp has been C level his entire career that this version of Briggs is still better than 95% of Greens opposition to date.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Also, what are your thoughts on Mundine's plans to fight at JMW??? I am of the opinion that Mundine was never really a true SMW, but a Middleweight. The lowest Mundine has ever been was 159 pounds and that was in his last fight vs Medley.

Do you believe Mundine can even make the 154 limit??? His next fight will be at that weight and it will be very interesting to see if he can make the weight. I find it surprising that he is also ranked #3 by the WBA at 154. LMAO
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 AM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 brently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,681,795,377.83
Total Points: 2,681,930,628.54
you need your beers back - mgkirkpatrick Katsidis by UD. - Team Mundine Happy New Year - woftam Enjoy an apple mate - danc1984 In memory of Gatti - the true Superman of boxing - Dan... 

Quote:
Also, what are your thoughts on Mundine's plans to fight at JMW??? I am of the opinion that Mundine was never really a true SMW, but a Middleweight. The lowest Mundine has ever been was 159 pounds and that was in his last fight vs Medley.

Do you believe Mundine can even make the 154 limit??? His next fight will be at that weight and it will be very interesting to see if he can make the weight. I find it surprising that he is also ranked #3 by the WBA at 154. LMAO
I think mundine is really trying to find ways to get the public interested in his fights.

He didn't try to get a big name at middle weight.

I think Mundine is running out of ways to market himself in a way. Mundine is passed it, no chance of a legacy worth talking about long after he gives the game away.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Fighting Marine
Banned

46-0 - JoeyZagz 

Scratch that. Mundine is ranked #2 behind Antonio Margarito. He hasn't even had a fight at that weight. How does that work?

http://www.wbaonline.com/