Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,514.18
Total Points: 809,561.64
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 
Arrow Frazier, Tyson, Qawi: Rate these guys in terms of defense

In what order would you place these guys, in terms of their defensive capabilities?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,307,842.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -IronMike- View Post
In what order would you place these guys, in terms of their defensive capabilities?
1. Qawi
2. Tyson
3. Frazier
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Rep Power: 12 Toney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond reputeToney616 has a reputation beyond repute
Great Poster! Keep going. - "Marvelous" Have a beer on me :) - WAR FERGIE for your hard work and great pics - project xxx1 Thanks for the heads up - kyshenko team Great Thread Starter award - The Surgeon 
cheers to you for the great threads in the boxing history section you make - WesleySnipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
1. Qawi
2. Tyson
3. Frazier
Qawi slipped a lot of punches, I watched his fight with Holyfield the other day. Tyson in his prime was also very adept, round 8 of the Green fight comes to mind. Frazier form of the bob and weave was more unpredictable than Tyson's though.
Did Qawi ever fight a tall fighter with a good jab?
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
r.burgundy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 r.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond reputer.burgundy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 57,575.49
No Message - JAB5239 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 sorry for Red K confusion - HaglerSteelChin 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -IronMike- View Post
Qawi slipped a lot of punches, I watched his fight with Holyfield the other day. Tyson in his prime was also very adept, round 8 of the Green fight comes to mind. Frazier form of the bob and weave was more unpredictable than Tyson's though.
Did Qawi ever fight a tall fighter with a good jab?
micheal spinks

qawi
tyson
frazier
Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.burgundy View Post
micheal spinks

qawi
tyson
frazier
Thanks I havent watched that fight yet. Was he able to slip the jab and close the distance effectively in that fight?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
carlos slim
Banned

Rep Power: 0 carlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these partscarlos slim is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 350,050.52
enjoy yourself - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Medved 

i hope no one says frazier...tyson was much better than frazier at slippping, frazier got hit alot when he moved in....
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 PM
GymRat
Contender

Rep Power: 5 GymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond reputeGymRat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,916,169.56
Total Points: 43,950,621.03
routines...... - Saucy Jacky 

I can't speak on Qawi, but I will put Tyson at number one and ahead of Frazier. Tyson in his prime was the best example of punch evasion right next to Pernell Whitaker, and not only that but he would counter punch with insane combinations right after it. Frazier's was good, but predictable. I think anyone who says Frazier's defense was better than Tyson's is wrong. 95% of Frazier's defense was moving his head up and down repeatedly. Highly predictable, yet hard to hit. Tyson's was slipping left and right, weaving left and right, and rolling to perfection.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
boxing boy
Contender

Rep Power: 5 boxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond reputeboxing boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,563,240.22

Muhammad Ali said that Frazier was the hardest fighter to hit of everyone he ever fought.

Smokin' Joe Frazier's bobing and weaving made him a hard target to hit consistantly.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 258,487,030,556.10
Total Points: 460,487,251,357.41
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

1. Qawi
2. Tyson
3. Frazier

I think this is the general consensus of the boards and I wholeheartedly agree. Qawi had absurdly good defense, watch him slip and slide under punches like a mother****er in the Holyfield fight. Tyson and Frazier were similar, but Tyson had more dimensions to his defense, left and right as well as up and down.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Toney616
The Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
1. Qawi
2. Tyson
3. Frazier

I think this is the general consensus of the boards and I wholeheartedly agree. Qawi had absurdly good defense, watch him slip and slide under punches like a mother****er in the Holyfield fight. Tyson and Frazier were similar, but Tyson had more dimensions to his defense, left and right as well as up and down.
Very good post, Big.