Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > The Limey Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
OptimusWolf
Leakin' Lubricant

Rep Power: 19 OptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,955,917.64
Total Points: 10,008,984,294.63
Default Greatest/most talented England players ever...

Okay, this has probably been done to death but as copa mondiale is almost with us I was watching some old england footage on espn classic and thinking who our greatest players have been

Okay we have

Gordon Banks
Bobby Moore
Stanley Matthews
Tom Finney
Bobby Charlton
Gary Lineker
Sol Campbell (not a joke honest)

in the greatest camp. All had stellar england careers, but I would put Charlton at the top of the list - great skill, great pass, great football brain and a cracking shot.

As for most talented, I didn't have a list as such, but Gascoigne has to be the winner doesn't he? followed by Charlton (only one to have made the most of their talent thus far), Edwards and Rooney. I reckon Ferdinand is/was extremely talented defender but never quite produced it on the biggest stage unlike Campbell.

Might well have Ashley Cole joining the greatest list if he shines at the world cup. Definitely the best left back I've seen play the game in this country, which is sad for my fave Pearcey.

Anyway, views you L*mey c*nts? The Scotch need not apply, as we all know how they mniserably failed to achieve anything even when they had hansen, sounness and dalglish.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 PM
black.ink
Banned

Rep Power: 26 black.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,993,527,002,913.55
Total Points: 57,993,527,016,602.98
tua likes burgers! - Left Hook Tua nice rap mate!! - -veteran420- Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad 

Stuart Pearce. Passion. England.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
OptimusWolf
Leakin' Lubricant

Rep Power: 19 OptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond repute

Pearcey is possibly my favourite england player, and certainly the player who I'd love to play like (I play left back myself), but you're not arguing to put him up with those alumin are you? I know he played for Forest and all but....
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Iamnotausername
Banned

Rep Power: 13 Iamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,583.54
Total Points: 965,806.78
1k - Mile Kitic a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon 

Players like Hoddle and Waddle cant be overlooked. They peaked during a time when footy was in the doldrums, but they are 2 of the most gifted players we've produced. Some of the **** they did with the ball was unreal and they also tore up the foreign leagues they played in. Its a shame they never got to all play in the same team as Lineker, Gazza if they were all in their prime at the same time that would be one of the most talented attacking pool of players we would have ever produced imo
Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
OptimusWolf
Leakin' Lubricant

yes waddle and hoddle could certainly be added to the talent list, although not sure they rank up with the greatest.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
black.ink
Banned

Rep Power: 26 black.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,993,527,002,913.55
Total Points: 57,993,527,016,602.98
tua likes burgers! - Left Hook Tua nice rap mate!! - -veteran420- Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusWolf View Post
Pearcey is possibly my favourite england player, and certainly the player who I'd love to play like (I play left back myself), but you're not arguing to put him up with those alumin are you? I know he played for Forest and all but....
I'm not arguing to put him in your list, just showing my Psycho nuthuggery as he's my favourite player of all-time.

This guy was one of the most talented players English players i've seen grace the pitch, yet just couldn't perform for his country like he did his clubs.
Such a shame he couldn't do this everytime he put wore the lions on his heart.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
OptimusWolf
Leakin' Lubricant

Yeah I thought about Barnes. Perhaps he goes on the talented list as well.

We've had quite a few players who have not done what their genuine talent indicated they could do. Gascoigne is certainly the standout - I genuinely think he could have been up with Zidane/maradona and above baggio, matheus, ronaldinho, figo. Maybe the real ronaldo and maldini would be up there too.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Iamnotausername
Banned

Rep Power: 13 Iamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,583.54
Total Points: 965,806.78
1k - Mile Kitic a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.ink View Post
I'm not arguing to put him in your list, just showing my Psycho nuthuggery as he's my favourite player of all-time.

I was at that match

one of the best days of my life. Still have the program and my ticket!!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
adietheforestfa
Forest till i die!

Rep Power: 16 adietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,119,357.27
Froch!!! - Welter_Skelter Cheers to Froch. Hope to get a real beer with you in Copenhagen some time. - BattlingNelson 

Most Talented ever.................

Stanley Collymore

Would have over 100 England Caps and Record Scorer if he hadnt been such a nutter.

What about Shilton??

Shilton

Viv Anderson Bobby Moore Terry Butcher Stuart Pearce

David Beckham Paul Gascoine Bobby Moore Stanley Mathews

Gary Lineker Stan Collymore

Subs
Banks
Finney
Ball
Shearer
Walker
Robson
Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Naps
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 Naps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond reputeNaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 274,296,556,973.86
Total Points: 274,296,601,145.93
Congrats on 1000 posts bum boy - hurricane72 here's to another 1000 posts - OldSkool weeehay, drink up love! - RiZOOM Thank you sir. Good luck on your next bet. Sorry for the trouble. - Left Hook Tua For your genius - Tuggers1986 
A Lite Beer - The Yanks don't think you can handle it. - OASIS_LAD To: Naps - TRAVI$ Good bets..Good guy to bet with - xxjace Cheers Naps. - RED ARMY Tyson link - GreatJoe 
Cheers for the points bro! - jakkups drink up brotha! - Move BRICKS 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ 

Alan Shearer. Easily the best English striker ever.