Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-06-2010, 09:34 PM
dc6112
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 dc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,001,555,196.61
ny in the house.  cheers bro. - Melly-Mel 
Default These Compubox stats pretty much prove my point the fight was close til the injury

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...reman-compubox

OK so all of you geniuses wanna tell me Yuri ran, and Cotto dominated, blah blah blah.

LOOK at these stats. Cotto and Foreman were throwing almost an equal amount of punches prior to the knee injury. Foreman actually threw more punches in half of those rounds where he was healthy. Is that running?

And there was not one round(pre injury) where he was outlanded by more than 4 punches.

So, Cotto won, no one is arguing that. I love watching Miguel and I'm glad he won. But some of you bias retards wanna say Yuri got blown out and he ran like a *****.

The numbers don't lie. It was a competitive fight. Give the kid his due.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 80,478,445,596,233.98
Total Points: 82,481,611,075,946.52
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Your post is why compubox numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Did you watch the fight? No Yuri wasn't getting blown out of the water but he was pretty much losing every round.The fight certainly wasn't close, even if the numbers were.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Kimbo-Slice
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Kimbo-Slice has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 47,064.19

what a dumb ass post.

judging the fight on compu stats?

GTFO
Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Kimbo-Slice
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Kimbo-Slice has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 47,064.19

its about winning rounds. yuri wasnt winning fk all

GET THE FK OVER IT
Old 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
BEEHOP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 BEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond reputeBEEHOP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131.60
Total Points: 19,821.68
Nard vs. Winky - CRESCENDOPOWER 

Cotto hits much, much harder than Yuri.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 PM
dc6112
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 dc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond reputedc6112 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,555,196.61
ny in the house.  cheers bro. - Melly-Mel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Your post is why compubox numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Did you watch the fight? No Yuri wasn't getting blown out of the water but he was pretty much losing every round.The fight certainly wasn't close, even if the numbers were.
My whole point is the fight was close every round, even if Cotto was winning most of them. Foreman is being portrayed as a runner, when the numbers show he clearly threw an equal number of shots.

In regards as to whether or not I watched the fight, I got the ticket stub to prove it.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM
..El Chacal..
.::Orgullo Mexicano::.

Rep Power: 21 ..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute..El Chacal.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,614,870,934.82
Total Points: 73,614,923,207.03
I bought you a box of tissues so when Cotto loses, you can wipe your eyes!!!! Hahahahaha K - HTownTexan Here is a TV to watch all the big fights!!!!! - HTownTexan And here is some junk food... We all know the big fights arent the same without some food.... - HTownTexan And come fight night.... You cant forget the beer....   So you got a TV, some food, some beer.... Have a good time watching the fight .....  Dont leave your tissue behind.... You'll need them...J/K - HTownTexan Congrats on 1000 posts - ??? 
1k...Congrats - Izrock excellant posts! - jazbo Cheers. You got good taste in pussy homey - mangler For being a great member and poster - jazluvr449 Pa Disfrutar la Victoria en Noviembre 14!Vamos Cotto Pa Guerra! Papa! - Sox8055 
Back atcha bro'!  War Cotto! - jazluvr449 Have a drink my nigguh!!! - D-Omonist Congrats on 3K, my nizzle! - mangler jr merry christmas! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler 
happy new year - Libido Sanchez long time .... brew on me - El Mustang Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - The Scientist Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr449 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - street bully 

What's your deal bro?..

Yuri got MURKED showed hella heart tho..

Compubox isn't a way to show how "close" a fight was..you do know boxing is scored by rounds right?..

Watch the fight not the numbers..round 4 was the only round where he cracked Cotto wit a solid right..beyond that he hit Cotto here and there..but Cotto hit his ass back with much more meaningful and harder shots..

Even the ringside judges only gave Yuri 1 or 2 rounds on the official scorecards..let it go man..Yuri was outmatched and outclassed plain and simple..
Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 PM
alonsomosely
Contender

Total Points: 11,861.32

Agree the fight was competive till the injury
Way too much haters on this forum
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
tibbar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 tibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond reputetibbar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 202,640,499,563.94
Total Points: 203,640,550,862.74
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier most unbiased sig, cant win unless you KO him - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

me too, its competitive alright, to some of the posers here, they most of the times mixes up reality and fantasy in their minds. fight was competitive til the accident.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 153 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,013,152,185,600,215.25
Total Points: 2,116,106,804,763,755.00
Have a virtual beer on me. - FRKO Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jas Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - jas 

I don't know why you're hung up on this. Have you rewatched the fight?

The only round Yuri won was round 4 and at the end of round 3 he landed some good shots. That's it, the rounds were not very close. It wasn't a complete beatdown but cotto clearly won every round but 1 or 2.

Also, compubox doesn't prove anythign. Like one of the announcers said, when Yuri got hit he got hurt and moved out of the way, when cotto got hit it didn't phase him and he kept comin.

That's the difference. Clean & EFFECTIVE punches. Forget the stats. Cotto was hurting Yuri and Yuri was not doing anything to stop cotto.