Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Martin (Top Knowledge)
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Martin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 115,659.00
Default Here we go... Harris has an excuse for losing to Maussa.

According to **********, Vivian Harris is filing a protest to the WBA demanding an immediate rematch with Maussa (Maussa is due to meet his mandatory next), on the grounds that Maussa hit him while he was on the floor.

Fair enough, but what makes me laugh is that Harris reckons that he could have got back up if he hadn't got hit while he was on the floor...To quote Vivian:

"I think if I didn't get hit while I was down I think I would've been able to get back up and continue."

Personally I don't even think the punch on the floor landed?... It was stopped by the ropes?

Is this a valid excuse? In my opinion the damage was already done with the huge left hook he took from Maussa, and the blow Harris took on while he was on the floor was 'pathetic' (but it was quite funny LOL). Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 PM
GOAT
Contender

Rep Power: 11 GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,918.00

Two thoughts:

1. I don't think the punch had much of an effect.

2. Maussa is a completely idiot for doing that and deserves whatever happens to him and his title (if I were the ref, I would have DQ'd him).
Old 06-29-2005, 05:09 PM
mic573
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 mic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 43,173.56

The punch landed on the ropes. I read somewhere that the ref said the only reason he didn't DQ Maussa was because it didn't land. I think he should be fined for the action though.

Maussa also said at the press conference that he wasn't going to give Harris a rematch because he had already beat him.

Last edited by mic573; 06-29-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Bad Intentions
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Bad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 130,557.04
Send a message via AIM to Bad Intentions

Just becuz it didnt land...It was still a attempt to hit him while he was down..Now i dont like Harris much but I would have rather seen him win this one then loose to mayweather down the road it woulda been better like that...Hopfully if they get a rematch he wont get knocked out agian..I think he will own him in the next fight cuz now he knows whta he cant do...But yeah that mussa dude shoulda been DQed for that...Roy Jones was why does he get away with it..
Old 06-29-2005, 05:17 PM
tito4life216
Contender

Rep Power: 11 tito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond reputetito4life216 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,788.83

Just wondering if I'm the only one who thought this fight was refereed terribly and the fight itself was bull**** in terms of how much Harris got punched in the back of the head over a dozen times. I mean DAMN, I would have been all ****ed up after taking so many hits to the back of the dome, on top of that there were NO ****ING WARNINGS!!! I mean, throughout the fight I was screaming my head off at the TV cuz the fight was BULL****!!! I just want to know does anyone feel the same way, I mean there was one point in the fight that Maussa JACK Hammered his fist onto Harris BUT the camera just happened to move angles at the right time, bull**** I say, Bull****.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:30 PM
tri4ben2
Contender

Rep Power: 10 tri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond reputetri4ben2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,359.00

That Maussa guy was a brawler, plain and simple.

If there is a rematch, Harris can move laterally and pick him apart for a few rounds before putting the hammer down.

I would favor Harris in the rematch. I am pretty sure that there is a rematch clause in the contract.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:40 PM
oldgringo
Ellis

Rep Power: 21530 oldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 784,153.12
Kobe Stopper! Kobe Stopper! - MizzzouMan For the favorite fighter thread. I knew I liked you for a reason....LMAO - sweet pea 50 dilla donuts! - el guason456 For that laker clip. Christ ,my sides hurt.... LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma One of my favorite tracks to rip. - El Gallo Negro! 
HAVE SOME OF DEM BEEENIE BEEBE?!? - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler jr 

1. Harris doesn't deserve a rematch because he should have to live with the shame that goes along with this just because he lost to a Maussa type fighter in the first place.

2. The punch didn't even land...quit *****ing.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Bad Intentions
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Bad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond reputeBad Intentions has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 130,557.04
Send a message via AIM to Bad Intentions

Seriously did the left hook even hit him in the jaw..It looked like he hit him in the neck or chest?? I didnt see no replays i only saw the KO from the origional view
Old 06-29-2005, 05:46 PM
tracylee
B Scene's Julia Roberts

Rep Power: 14180 tracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond reputetracylee has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,940.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT
Two thoughts:

1. I don't think the punch had much of an effect.

2. Maussa is a completely idiot for doing that and deserves whatever happens to him and his title (if I were the ref, I would have DQ'd him).
I agree....Maussa should have lost the fight when he actually had to lean DOWN to deliver that shot! Absolute DQ behavior, but Harris is grasping straws. He fought an extremely stupid fight and was going to lose regardless. I've never seen him fight so stupid and I've seen him fight numerous times. His need to impress the crowd and headhunt cost him that title and the W.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 PM
mic573
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 mic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond reputemic573 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 43,173.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Intentions
Seriously did the left hook even hit him in the jaw..It looked like he hit him in the neck or chest?? I didnt see no replays i only saw the KO from the origional view
The lefthook landed directly on the chin and Harris was gone.