Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Super_Lightweight
Jesus of Nazareth P4P
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Age: 28
Posts: 8,377
Rep Power: 301 Super_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,311,371.91
Bank: 108,237.24
Total Points: 10,000,419,609.15
Send a message via AIM to Super_Lightweight Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Lightweight
Default Tszyu justified in retiring in fight...suffered brain damage

Tszyu suffers Brain Bruising
EXCLUSIVE By Paul Kent, townsvillebulletin.news.com.au
23jun05

http://www.********boxing.com/forums...howtopic=20649

KOSTYA Tszyu has revealed he suffered bruising to the brain as well as internal bleeding following his loss to Englishman Ricky Hatton earlier this month.

Tszyu had the tests done in hospital last week which determined the injuries.

Always the fighter, though, he said the injuries would have no bearing on whether he retires or pushes on for more fights.

The diagnosis again underwrites trainer Johnny Lewis's standing as the best cornerman in Australia after he elected to stop the fight rather than send Tszyu out for the final round.

Tszyu said the injuries posed no long-term threat and were more a result of 11 rounds he went with Hatton - and several other factors - than any potentially permanent injury.

"I can't release it for another couple of weeks but it's very, very simple, the reasons," Tszyu said.

"Flying is one of the reasons, and the fight, of course.

"But the check-up is fine really.

"It doesn't matter."

Tszyu took the tests as a precaution and was not surprised to find there was after-effects from his loss to Hatton, the fight stopped after Lewis ended it at the end of the 11th.

Tszyu said he was now fine and suffering no ongoing problems.

"I mean, everything is fine right now," he said.

"I don't have any problems."

Tszyu's manager Matthew Watt was reluctant to talk about the specific nature of the injuries.

He did, however, say they were unavoidable in a fight as tough as the one which saw Tszyu suffer his first defeat in eight years.

"I think he was a bit battered and bruised everywhere," Watt said.

"It was a tough fight.

"It was a war.

"I'm not going into bruising and bleeding and all that, there's nothing to say.

"We all saw how he looked after the fight, I think it speaks for itself.

"As far as the health side goes he went in for a check-up post-fight.

"Even though he was battered and bruised he has been given the all-clear for the future.

"There was no lasting or long- term issues."

Tszyu said he would take his time before making a decision on his future although two high-profile members of his camp - Lewis and wife Natasha - have stated publicly their desire to see him retire.

Tszyu said yesterday he was: "Not in a rush.

"I do not put any time on it. Just take it easy."

However he was adamant the bruising and bleeding "is going to have no reason for my decision.

"I am still healthy.

"In a matter of time it [will be] normal."

Instead, Tszyu was more interested in talking about Sunday's WBC super-lightweight bout between champion Arturo Gatti and challenger Floyd Mayweather.

He tips Mayweather on points.

He was also interested in when Zab Judah next puts his undisputed welterweight title on the line - in September against a yet-to-be- named opponent.

Watt said the decision would be made when Tszyu was ready.

"The decision made within the team is that it's Kostya's choice and he'll make that with his family," he said. "In his own good time he will speak to his father [Boris] and his wife and himself. Whichever way he ends up going he'll know himself. None of us are going to pressure him."

Despite speculation otherwise, Tszyu said there was no clause in his contract for a Hatton rematch.

Lewis was criticised in some parts for stopping the fight with only one round remaining, with even Tszyu saying upon arrival back in Australia that he was not happy with the decision but "I respect Johnny's decision".

However, if nothing else, the resulting injury has justified Lewis's decision.
Reply With Quote
Super_Lightweight is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 07-02-2005, 06:56 PM
pianomanpdx
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0 pianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond reputepianomanpdx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,089.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,089.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Lightweight
Tszyu suffers Brain Bruising
EXCLUSIVE By Paul Kent, townsvillebulletin.news.com.au
23jun05

http://www.********boxing.com/forums...howtopic=20649

KOSTYA Tszyu has revealed he suffered bruising to the brain as well as internal bleeding following his loss to Englishman Ricky Hatton earlier this month.

Tszyu had the tests done in hospital last week which determined the injuries.

Always the fighter, though, he said the injuries would have no bearing on whether he retires or pushes on for more fights.

The diagnosis again underwrites trainer Johnny Lewis's standing as the best cornerman in Australia after he elected to stop the fight rather than send Tszyu out for the final round.

Tszyu said the injuries posed no long-term threat and were more a result of 11 rounds he went with Hatton - and several other factors - than any potentially permanent injury.

"I can't release it for another couple of weeks but it's very, very simple, the reasons," Tszyu said.

"Flying is one of the reasons, and the fight, of course.

"But the check-up is fine really.

"It doesn't matter."

Tszyu took the tests as a precaution and was not surprised to find there was after-effects from his loss to Hatton, the fight stopped after Lewis ended it at the end of the 11th.

Tszyu said he was now fine and suffering no ongoing problems.

"I mean, everything is fine right now," he said.

"I don't have any problems."

Tszyu's manager Matthew Watt was reluctant to talk about the specific nature of the injuries.

He did, however, say they were unavoidable in a fight as tough as the one which saw Tszyu suffer his first defeat in eight years.

"I think he was a bit battered and bruised everywhere," Watt said.

"It was a tough fight.

"It was a war.

"I'm not going into bruising and bleeding and all that, there's nothing to say.

"We all saw how he looked after the fight, I think it speaks for itself.

"As far as the health side goes he went in for a check-up post-fight.

"Even though he was battered and bruised he has been given the all-clear for the future.

"There was no lasting or long- term issues."

Tszyu said he would take his time before making a decision on his future although two high-profile members of his camp - Lewis and wife Natasha - have stated publicly their desire to see him retire.

Tszyu said yesterday he was: "Not in a rush.

"I do not put any time on it. Just take it easy."

However he was adamant the bruising and bleeding "is going to have no reason for my decision.

"I am still healthy.

"In a matter of time it [will be] normal."

Instead, Tszyu was more interested in talking about Sunday's WBC super-lightweight bout between champion Arturo Gatti and challenger Floyd Mayweather.

He tips Mayweather on points.

He was also interested in when Zab Judah next puts his undisputed welterweight title on the line - in September against a yet-to-be- named opponent.

Watt said the decision would be made when Tszyu was ready.

"The decision made within the team is that it's Kostya's choice and he'll make that with his family," he said. "In his own good time he will speak to his father [Boris] and his wife and himself. Whichever way he ends up going he'll know himself. None of us are going to pressure him."

Despite speculation otherwise, Tszyu said there was no clause in his contract for a Hatton rematch.

Lewis was criticised in some parts for stopping the fight with only one round remaining, with even Tszyu saying upon arrival back in Australia that he was not happy with the decision but "I respect Johnny's decision".

However, if nothing else, the resulting injury has justified Lewis's decision.
Maybe this will silence all the people that faulted him for stopping.
I'm, for one, am glad he's okay.
A great fighter with amazing heart and conviction.
Reply With Quote
pianomanpdx is offline
#3
Old 07-02-2005, 07:00 PM
enadeus
Brigada
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Age: 28
Posts: 4,560
Rep Power: 2811 enadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 119,655.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 119,655.42
Default

He dind't stop. His trainer stopped the fight for him.
Reply With Quote
enadeus is offline
#4
Old 07-02-2005, 07:17 PM
sanjayint
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England, (UK)
Age: 27
Posts: 322
Rep Power: 0 sanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,490.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,490.00
Default

i wonder why ZOO is brain damaged, haha nice one RICKY!!!
if ZOO does retire, its down to ricky hatton
i wonder how badly hatton would brain damage MAYWEATHER!! haha
Reply With Quote
sanjayint is offline
#5
Old 07-02-2005, 07:18 PM
enadeus
Brigada
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Age: 28
Posts: 4,560
Rep Power: 2811 enadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond reputeenadeus has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 119,655.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 119,655.42
Default

That would depend where they fight. If they fight in England obviously Hatton can throw in a headbutt or two and get away with it, so yea he can braindamage mayweather.
Reply With Quote
enadeus is offline
#6
Old 07-02-2005, 07:25 PM
sanjayint
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England, (UK)
Age: 27
Posts: 322
Rep Power: 0 sanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond reputesanjayint has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,490.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,490.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuskie
That would depend where they fight. If they fight in England obviously Hatton can throw in a headbutt or two and get away with it, so yea he can braindamage mayweather.
be realistic, hatton dont head butt, are you mistaken from hattons punch, ? its more powerfull then his headbutt
Reply With Quote
sanjayint is offline
#7
Old 07-02-2005, 07:32 PM
loangunZ
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 748
Rep Power: 13 loangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,876.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,876.00
Default

I read somewhere that the docotor that exaimed to tyzuz said his claims were false and that tyzu had no brusing of the brain or internal bleeding.
Reply With Quote
loangunZ is offline
#8
Old 07-02-2005, 07:35 PM
!! Anorak
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Points: 0
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loangunZ
I read somewhere that the docotor that exaimed to tyzuz said his claims were false and that tyzu had no brusing of the brain or internal bleeding.
It was in Boxing News yesterday and I reported it here
Reply With Quote
#9
Old 07-02-2005, 07:40 PM
loangunZ
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 748
Rep Power: 13 loangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond reputeloangunZ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,876.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,876.00
Default

I think I found out on the BBC website
Reply With Quote
loangunZ is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.