Is this exercise ok? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 AM
andalusian81
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 andalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,068.07
No Message - LosTarugos 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default Is this exercise ok?

If my goal is to lose some pounds and to have more defined muscles especially in the chest is this simple routine ok?

70 minutes jogging/running on a treadmill
15 pushups
15 wide pushups
15 triangle pushups
30 situps
10 .... I dont know what you call this one but its an ab exercise where youre in a sitting position and you kick both of your feet at the same time.

There we go Im not aiming for a very muscular body, just enough to be fit and ready to go to swimming parties and go topless
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 32 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,233,820,463.55
Total Points: 59,233,977,094.89
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy Nice looking beard :fing02: my brother has one similar to yours, that mofo takes care of that thing more than he takes care of his wife lol - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andalusian81 View Post
If my goal is to lose some pounds and to have more defined muscles especially in the chest is this simple routine ok?

70 minutes jogging/running on a treadmill
15 pushups
15 wide pushups
15 triangle pushups
30 situps
10 .... I dont know what you call this one but its an ab exercise where youre in a sitting position and you kick both of your feet at the same time.

There we go Im not aiming for a very muscular body, just enough to be fit and ready to go to swimming parties and go topless
i would do the push ups situps and stuff before the jog then make an attempt to do them again after.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 AM
shogunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond reputeshogunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 197,859,408,216.09
Total Points: 297,860,181,349.58
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 

70 minutes of running at 30 situps? You have to even those out

you might wanna lower the hour and ten minutes of running, maybe 30-40 minutes. Are you planning on running everyday?

And do 300 situps. 30 situps is nothing, at all. All the ohter excercises, do until you cant do no more. And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 AM
ShatteredGlass
Roy Jones Chin

Rep Power: 0 ShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these partsShatteredGlass is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,520,183.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunn View Post
70 minutes of running at 30 situps? You have to even those out

you might wanna lower the hour and ten minutes of running, maybe 30-40 minutes. Are you planning on running everyday?

And do 300 situps. 30 situps is nothing, at all. All the ohter excercises, do until you cant do no more. And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday
and do more press ups, if you cant do no more press ups then do incline press ups.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:03 AM
DiLLiNGER
Banned

Bank: 756,364.36
Total Points: 818,274.09
San Miguel from the PI. Cheers - JM1 I LOVE MYSELF - DiLLiNGER Cookie for my friend Dillz - -Ash- Have some Ice Cream bro - -Ash- For putting these fools in their places - -Ash- 
Make it rain on the haters - -Ash- lets stack those gifts up for you buddy - -Ash- Throw this pie at the next poster who talks trash to you - -Ash- Kept a piece for you from Dorians birthday cake buddy - -Ash- Cause I Love Ya Son - Stones In Exile 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 
Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Rolling Stone Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -Kevin- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - -Kevin- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr Punch 

I can tell you right now that you won't stick to that routine because it's not realistic..there's no way you will be running 70 minutes..first of all that's long and you will get bored secondly it's a bit too much esspecialy if you're a beginner.

If you set yourself unrealistic goals you will get bored and you will stop training.

You need to start with 30 minutes of running and do more body exercises..15 push ups won't do anything for you..start of with 50 of each exercise (in sets) then work your way up.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Squirrel
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 54,056.62

How tall are you and what do you weigh?

A lot of fat loss is down to your diet, so post up what you're eating.

I switch the bodyweight stuff for swimming, and I'd cut down the length of that jog.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 AM
andalusian81
Contender

Rep Power: 8 andalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 84,068.07
No Message - LosTarugos 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Is 70 minutes really long? But ive been doing it for a week already,
hey wait maybe you guys are thinking that Im jogging at a fast pace so ill just convert it to calories burned.
In those 70 minutes I burn exactly 720-740 calories only

@ MR shen
Yes I do that when my muscles are rested, its like my "hard" training although its not really hard

@shogunn
Theres no way I can do 300! hahaha maybe 60 is my maximum but im not so focused on the abs but more on the chest.

@ sir auron
I dont go to a gym I only do these stuff at home

@squirrel

im 5'4 140 pounds and im aiming to go down to 125. Is that ok?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Del Coqui
SAN JUAN

Rep Power: 26 Del Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 626,161,402.24
Total Points: 628,378,316.43
BORICUA!!!! - williamhvx1 a bet is a bet, gracias! - Perro have some San Miguel to our new superstar JML! - Papa Ace u da man!! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
WaR Cotto! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 

3 sets of 15 pushups is a bit weak, you won't accomplish much with that.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 AM
ghost deini
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12 ghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,131,399.01

you see when you do your sit ups are they just normal sit ups because thats why you may be struggling to do so many you are just working one bit

at the moment i do
20 crunches (with legs up)
40 toe touches
20 seated crunches
20 crossed leg seat raises
20 seated leg scissors
20 seated leg circles
20 stacked feet crunches

thats already 160 and i should really do more but i only started recently so im working my way up

also skipping is great do 3 mins then rest for a minute then do some more until you get tired

so you're 10st and trying to get down to just under 9st thats gonna be hard if you're not in ridiculous shape got to make sure you are eating right aswell
Old 06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
dreaded_FIST
Contender

Rep Power: 7 dreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond reputedreaded_FIST has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,307.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunn;8531782 [B
And dont repeat the same workout everyday, or workout the same muscles everyday[/B]
This is so fking important.

Share This With Friends

Tags
exercise

User Tag List