Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,181,004.53
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
yeah i looked into credit and bumblee and it looks like they're geared towards those who want to compete. bumblebee also seems more focused on kids and those who are younger rather than adult beginners.

Havent heard too much about Tenochtitlan. are you part of them?
I used to train out of tenochititlan when it was slower and less crowded. It looks like they're more packed these days with three amateurs and one pro training out of there. There were a few older guys who were never planning to compete while I was still there, and the coach was fine with it. He used to only charge $50 a month back in my time.

I heard a rumor that Bumblebee once kicked a kid out of his gym for refusing to compete, but you can try to be upfront about what you're planning.

Credit's dues are around $75 a month. When I visited the gym a long time ago there were definitely people around who looked like they would never intend to fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Dirt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Dirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,399.20
Total Points: 50,139,734.97
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
I used to train out of tenochititlan when it was slower and less crowded. It looks like they're more packed these days with three amateurs and one pro training out of there. There were a few older guys who were never planning to compete while I was still there, and the coach was fine with it. He used to only charge $50 a month back in my time.

I heard a rumor that Bumblebee once kicked a kid out of his gym for refusing to compete, but you can try to be upfront about what you're planning.

Credit's dues are around $75 a month. When I visited the gym a long time ago there were definitely people around who looked like they would never intend to fight.
yeah a guy i know checked out credit and they strictly want competitors.

Cappys is the best fit for what i want, but just way too expensive.

stopped by credit's during non business hours and he has a little spot in the back of a judo gym.

btw, thanks for the PM with the links
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 210 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 406,635,194,290.75
Total Points: 406,635,221,970.60
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

fraidycat lives in seattle, i don't know what gym he trains in, though
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 AM
-The Glove-
Rock out w/ ur Hawk out

Rep Power: 40 -The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute-The Glove- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 108,221,071,177,914.48
Total Points: 108,334,068,712,407.66
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! haha Have a cold one - Natedatpkid Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Enjoy the game tonight. Don't get griffin'd. - Very Rich Man 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Nice to see some Washington heads in here.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Devils Advocate
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Devils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,559,896,669.58
Total Points: 120,894,931,850.31
thanks for the stream - Spray_resistant No Message - Devils Advocate 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Devils Advocate World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Devils Advocate 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Glove- View Post
Nice to see some Washington heads in here.
I'm reppin Bellevue currently actually Newcastle but there is a gym in Redmond,Wa that is the serious truth. A little on the pricey side but its a kick ass cardio workout and you learn all the basic stuff. You have to prove you got the boxing fundamentals down before you can do some sparring but overall its a neat experience I went to a couple of classes to observe but I'm planning to join once I'm working again. Ring Sports United
http://www.ringsportsunited.com/
Boxing/Kick
www.ringsportsunited.com
1900 132nd Avenue Northeast
Bellevue, WA 98005
(425) 576-5300
Get directions - Feedback
Bus: NE 20th St & 132nd Ave NE

Open Mon 3:30pm-9pm; Tue-Thu 6:30am-9pm; Fri 6:30am-8pm; Sat 10am-1pm
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,181,004.53
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil82 View Post
I'm reppin Bellevue currently actually Newcastle but there is a gym in Redmond,Wa that is the serious truth. A little on the pricey side but its a kick ass cardio workout and you learn all the basic stuff. You have to prove you got the boxing fundamentals down before you can do some sparring but overall its a neat experience I went to a couple of classes to observe but I'm planning to join once I'm working again. Ring Sports United
http://www.ringsportsunited.com/
Boxing/Kick
www.ringsportsunited.com
1900 132nd Avenue Northeast
Bellevue, WA 98005
(425) 576-5300
Get directions - Feedback
Bus: NE 20th St & 132nd Ave NE

Open Mon 3:30pm-9pm; Tue-Thu 6:30am-9pm; Fri 6:30am-8pm; Sat 10am-1pm
How much are the dues there? It doesn't say anything about it on the site.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Dirt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Dirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond reputeDirt has a reputation beyond repute

a guy i know goes to RSU. he said it's alot cheaper than Cappys, which i think is pretty expensive.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Journeyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 Journeyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond reputeJourneyman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 106,175.94

yea cappys is expensive but imo the best bet for the kind of competition/exercise your looking for
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
kryo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 kryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,364.97
Total Points: 584,588.08

If you aren't looking to compete then Cappy's is your best bet.. you will still have the option if you want, as Cappy frequently brings fighters to shows, but you won't be pressured into it like you would at most other gyms.

Surprised no one has said anything about White Center PAL.. puts on shows 2-3 a year and has had a decent amount of fighters flow through there.. Rob Diezel (best 125lbs fighter in WA for a while.. GG Winner and now pro), David Imoesiri (best 201 fighter in WA for a LONG time.. GG Winner 3 times, fought at nationals twice now and beat Hasim Rahman's kid.. going pro), etc.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Dirt
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryo View Post
If you aren't looking to compete then Cappy's is your best bet.. you will still have the option if you want, as Cappy frequently brings fighters to shows, but you won't be pressured into it like you would at most other gyms.

Surprised no one has said anything about White Center PAL.. puts on shows 2-3 a year and has had a decent amount of fighters flow through there.. Rob Diezel (best 125lbs fighter in WA for a while.. GG Winner and now pro), David Imoesiri (best 201 fighter in WA for a LONG time.. GG Winner 3 times, fought at nationals twice now and beat Hasim Rahman's kid.. going pro), etc.
On the website it says they only teach mainly youth 9-17 years old