Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,456,583,916,792.46
Total Points: 47,456,584,035,360.39
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn0 View Post
Hatton? Hatton had horribly low hands, his chin and footwork let him get away with so much. He threw lefts hooks from way to far away, Khan fights nothing like Mitchell or Hatton.

If anyone he fights like Lennox Lewis behind a jab but with a high tight guard.
Makes more sense. Lennox completely slipped my mind.

I was thinking about Khan's stance and guard yesterday before seeing this topic. I was like where have I seen this before? I related it to Mitchell and Hatton, where they hold their hands at in their stance. I saw a theme going on with Khan and the other brits, so I figured it could be a brit thing.

And Khan does drop his hands low, low enough for a person with matching hand speed to counter the **** out of him every time with a lead hook. Add some decent to high-end power and it's lights out.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
roughred
Banned

Rep Power: 0 roughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond reputeroughred has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 41,928.49

king khan has his own style
Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 PM
myCoCainE
News Flash!

Rep Power: 7 myCoCainE is a jewel in the roughmyCoCainE is a jewel in the roughmyCoCainE is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 2,471,797.30
Total Points: 2,498,782.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hue View Post
I have been saying this for a long time but some of the Khan fans who see everything through rose tinted glasses seem to think Roach's game plan will fix it. They don't seem to realise the inside fighting skills have to be fully developed first. This is the key weakness in Khan's game and unless it is fixed he will come unstuck. It is inevitable.
We'll see that soon enough. I think Roach is working on that in every training at the same time strengthening Khan's outside fighting. In a few fights, I think we'll see Khan's improved close-quarter fighting when the time comes.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Ryn0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 190,352,906,422,481.00
Total Points: 190,352,906,478,785.12
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe excellent post responding to NE - ИATAS 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
Makes more sense. Lennox completely slipped my mind.

I was thinking about Khan's stance and guard yesterday before seeing this topic. I was like where have I seen this before? I related it to Mitchell and Hatton, where they hold their hands at in their stance. I saw a theme going on with Khan and the other brits, so I figured it could be a brit thing.

And Khan does drop his hands low, low enough for a person with matching hand speed to counter the **** out of him every time with a lead hook. Add some decent to high-end power and it's lights out.

Khan easily has the fastest hands in the division IMO the only person that comes close is Paulie, there are few fighters out there that can throw lead left hooks and be effective.

Khan in the second picture does have his hands low, usually they are pretty high when he throws the 1-2 I was looking out for that, but he gets away with it because his footwork carries him out of range and few fighters in his division have the size and wingspan to catch him.

Khan is the only brit I've seen with the very high guard, Hatton tbh avoids all forms of defence I mean his head movement is ok but he just doesn't hold his hand high enough. There are guys who stylistically will cause nightmares for Khan, I think if Marquez were taller with a bit more reach and a better chin I'd favour him over Khan, Marquez has the rare talent of being able to counter you in combinations WHILE your punching him in the face. Which is why hes so effective against Pacquiao.

Manny can't get off his flurries when Marquez is hitting him at the same time Pac is trying to hit Marquez, Khan only opens up when he's about to throw if a bigger Marquez opening up as soon as he saw that he could deck Khan easily.

Also, I think Maidana and Ortiz beat Khan or at least I'd favour them over him because of Khan's chin. He will get caught at some point, and regardeless of his skills it'll be lights out. I think Khan is easily the more talented newcomer to the sport but his chin negates all confidence I can have in him. I will simply not bet on any fights he's in with a guy who can punch or atleast I'll straddle my bet.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:33 PM
awas88
Contender

Rep Power: 6 awas88 will become famous soon enoughawas88 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 38,494,849.77
Total Points: 38,504,194.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn0 View Post
Khan easily has the fastest hands in the division IMO the only person that comes close is Paulie, there are few fighters out there that can throw lead left hooks and be effective.

Khan in the second picture does have his hands low, usually they are pretty high when he throws the 1-2 I was looking out for that, but he gets away with it because his footwork carries him out of range and few fighters in his division have the size and wingspan to catch him.

Khan is the only brit I've seen with the very high guard, Hatton tbh avoids all forms of defence I mean his head movement is ok but he just doesn't hold his hand high enough. There are guys who stylistically will cause nightmares for Khan, I think if Marquez were taller with a bit more reach and a better chin I'd favour him over Khan, Marquez has the rare talent of being able to counter you in combinations WHILE your punching him in the face. Which is why hes so effective against Pacquiao.

Manny can't get off his flurries when Marquez is hitting him at the same time Pac is trying to hit Marquez, Khan only opens up when he's about to throw if a bigger Marquez opening up as soon as he saw that he could deck Khan easily.

Also, I think Maidana and Ortiz beat Khan or at least I'd favour them over him because of Khan's chin. He will get caught at some point, and regardeless of his skills it'll be lights out. I think Khan is easily the more talented newcomer to the sport but his chin negates all confidence I can have in him. I will simply not bet on any fights he's in with a guy who can punch or atleast I'll straddle my bet.
good post there