Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
wazaa.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 wazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,209,763,757.86
Total Points: 50,303,840,592.55
Have an ice cream Khone! - Disposable Arts Oranje voor altijd!! - We$ley No Message - ABOSWORTH No Message - ABOSWORTH Don't rot your teeth out... - ABOSWORTH 
No Message - .Rich Loc. im the first to give you a ice creme nhomie, lol, thank me later, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest to the homey wazaa! - Pretty Boy 3 2 P4P one of BS #1 posters! - Pretty Boy 3 2 Keep up the good work homey! - Pretty Boy 3 2 
BS #1 P*ki - Pretty Boy 3 2 one more ice cream for you homie,  you are the king of the ice cream - Tha_Greatest one of boxingscene's best - Freedom Fighter No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! have an other.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
No Message - Sir TomJones Congrats On Your Victory Wazzeed - Rocky... good sport. - Ether Amir deserved to win - referee was crooked - Cinderella_Man superb poster, Amir is destined 4 greatness - thuggery 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Red October Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -IronMike- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dye Gay and Lesbian Pride - Medved 
Childhood Cancer - Medved World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Waggly. Head and Neck Cancer - Earl-Hickey 
Default Bob Arum: "Ali was more selfish, Manny is about helping the people"

Ali was a wonderful guy, for sure, but I would say Ali was more selfish, more about himself, where Manny is about helping the people, especially the poorest of people.

I love Manny but why does Bob have to talk badly about Ali to make Manny look good. In fact, by saying this he is making Manny look bad.

I can't stand Bob Arum . I bet he will talk badly about Manny aswell after Manny is retired and Bob found his new cash cow.

Freddie Roach was with Amir Khan and a contingent of British media representatives just beside Central Park in New York when he learnt that Manny Pacquiao was close to being confirmed as Congressman for Sarangani Province, in the filipino elections, late on Monday night.

Through Monday, updated reports confirmed that Pacquiao was well ahead of his political rival, Roy Chongbian, a member of the ruling dynasty.

Pacquiao won, and by landslide victory, Im told, said Roach. Was he concerned that Pacquiao could now be distracted ? I dont think so. It makes me excited because we are now going to have Congressman Pacquiao knock out Floyd Mayweather, Roach told The Telegraph.

Roach is convinced that the fight will be made, while promoter Bob Arum is looking for a November 17 date. I still think it needs to happen. It would be a shame if it didnt happen. We need the best meeting the best in boxing. We will meet somewhere in the middle and Im sure we are going to work it out, he added.

Roach revealed that he had missed a call from The Philippines while conducting a round table interview with Amir Khan, ahead of the British fighters second WBA light-welterweight defence against Paulie Malignaggi at the Theater in Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

I just got a call from The Philippines during the round table. I might have just missed a call from Manny there. Im sure hes elated. Its his ambition to improve his country. Im not concerned that he will lose his love of boxing. He wont be distracted. He still knows what he does best. Without boxing, he wouldnt be where he is today. He knows that. Hes a boxer first. He still has that hunger and hopefully it will now make his fire burn that little bit brighter.

Meanwhile, promoter Bob Arum had travelled to The Philippines to see Pacquiao, insisting to Michael Marley that: He [Manny] is different to me than Muhammad Ali was, than Marvin Hagler was, than how any of my other great fighters were.

Ali was a wonderful guy, for sure, but I would say Ali was more selfish, more about himself, where Manny is about helping the people, especially the poorest of people.

I am so glad the kid won because he deserved to win. He went into his own pocket for a lot of money and he did without thinking of his own financial gain. With all the thrills, all the great champions I have had, this was something really special.

I am so proud of this kid, I really am, Arum said. I came over thinking he would go down to defeat but he is smart, he learned from his first election and hired smart political people with a grassroots campaign aimed at the poor people who love and identify with his life story. The whole thing is just so wonderful.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...yd-mayweather/
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74,349,643,857,804.44
Total Points: 76,352,809,336,512.41
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

He does that with every fighter he has. Remember when he used to call Floyd the greatest thing since water?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Freedom2014
Slayer of Theokoles

Rep Power: 250 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,932,961,532,379,344.00
Total Points: 31,932,961,532,447,792.00
Cheers to Wlads next win!! - boxingchef Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 For the Beatle info! - led* 
Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led Great poster. - PainfromUkraine elite poster - A-Wolf 
For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz Thanks - Weltz One of the best members in boxingscene - Red Cyclone 
Thsnks - Scott.Weiland No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland Right on, I appreciate that - Boxing Goat For rennouncing your faith in Wladimir Klitschko. Good Job. Welcome to the Wilder side of things. Welcome to team Wilder. Bommmmmmb Squaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd - BrushMyHair 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Manny Pacquiao is a better man than the loud-mouthed, arrogant Cassius Clay.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 PM
wazaa.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 wazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond repute
Have an ice cream Khone! - Disposable Arts Oranje voor altijd!! - We$ley No Message - ABOSWORTH No Message - ABOSWORTH Don't rot your teeth out... - ABOSWORTH 
No Message - .Rich Loc. im the first to give you a ice creme nhomie, lol, thank me later, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest to the homey wazaa! - Pretty Boy 3 2 P4P one of BS #1 posters! - Pretty Boy 3 2 Keep up the good work homey! - Pretty Boy 3 2 
BS #1 P*ki - Pretty Boy 3 2 one more ice cream for you homie,  you are the king of the ice cream - Tha_Greatest one of boxingscene's best - Freedom Fighter No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! have an other.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
No Message - Sir TomJones Congrats On Your Victory Wazzeed - Rocky... good sport. - Ether Amir deserved to win - referee was crooked - Cinderella_Man superb poster, Amir is destined 4 greatness - thuggery 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Red October Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -IronMike- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dye Gay and Lesbian Pride - Medved 
Childhood Cancer - Medved World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Waggly. Head and Neck Cancer - Earl-Hickey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
He does that with every fighter he has. Remember when he used to call Floyd the greatest thing since water?
Yes, I recall him saying Floyd was better then Ali when he was promoting Floyd. Bob is such a backstabbing snake.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Carpe Diem
Seize the day

Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,662,076,499,066.73
Total Points: 75,706,219,610,323.11
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

Of course he would say that..After Manny's gone, he will say the same thing when he find another cash cow and blast Manny Pacquiao..
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
PH|L
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond reputePH|L has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,964.11
Total Points: 70,981.46

there's no way any of us can know who was more selfish than who because we don't know them personally, but I agree with you that Arum just stfu and think twice before saying something offensive about Ali for no reason.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
wazaa.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunney! View Post
Manny Pacquiao is a better man than the loud-mouthed, arrogant Cassius Clay.
His name was Ali. MUHAMMAD ALI. Say it, SAY IT !! Whats his name?!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
T3dBundy
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 6,370.90
Total Points: 1,001,362,861.00

bob arum should keep is big fat mouth closed.
he is making an angel out of somebody who is constantly cheating on his wife
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
fugu
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 fugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these partsfugu is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,108.99
Total Points: 3,710.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaa. View Post
His name was Ali. MUHAMMAD ALI. Say it, SAY IT !! Whats his name?!
No, his name was Cassius Clay.
It is now Muhammad Ali.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi-Dro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Hi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 905,003.55
Total Points: 1,320,930,910.42
E-Gift - ??? t - Wangler Jr burner is dumb - Red October lifestyle WANG - ADDICT No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Round 1 BURRRR 2 THA HURRRRB! - Bloody$Nate$ mah nikka up in hurrrrr x - I ♥ RVP no bottles :( so this is for my nikka up in hurrr :D - I ♥ RVP it's a leaf and it's green. Use your imagination. :) - I ♥ RVP 
award for prettiest poster. &lt;3 - I ♥ RVP Have an apple :D - I ♥ RVP because  I can! - I ♥ RVP Happy Thursday! - I ♥ RVP hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - I ♥ RVP 
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! it's over thurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - *Boss Lady* For your dro - led For being the ugliest poster up in hurrrr - Cleto_Reyes 13k post medal! - Flab Happy Easter Dro, I hope all is well with you :kiss: - Bossy 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ??? World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Red October Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO 

I don't listen to anything Arum says anymore