Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
View Poll Results: Who ranks higher?
Roy Jones Jr 29 85.29%
James Toney 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM
T.McGrady
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 92.23
Total Points: 19,368.56
LOL - T.McGrady 

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Best wins:
Hopkins
Toney
Ruiz
Tarver
R.Johnson
4 division champion

Scoring criteria:
Consistency:Jones
Best wins:Toney
Accomplishments:Jones
Reaction to adversity:Toney
hmmm.....what about undefeated griffin? The guy who beat toney twice? Jones was the first man to beat griffin WITH A FASHION WAY!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 164.51
Total Points: 211,158.49
your the man - project xxx1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
This is about what it comes down to. It's close but overall Jones has it simply because of Toney's laziness really.
True, Toney has thrown away a lot of years, 1997-2002, I cant believe he was dumb enough to be roided against Ruiz
Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.McGrady View Post
hmmm.....what about undefeated griffin? The guy who beat toney twice? Jones was the first man to beat griffin WITH A FASHION WAY!
Toney should be 1-1 with Griffin, he was robbed in the second fight
Jones is also 1-1 with Griffin

Personally I don't think much of Griffin, maybe he would of achieved more if Futch stayed with him, but Futch walked after Jones I

Last edited by General Zod; 05-08-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 90 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,479,659,682,422.55
Total Points: 1,000,112,482,825,174,656.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Jones by a very good margin.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
T.McGrady
Undisputed Champion

LOL - T.McGrady 

Quote:
Toney should be 1-1 with Griffin, he was robbed in the second fight
Jones is also 1-1 with Griffin

Personally I don't think much of Griffin, maybe he could of achieved more if Futch stayed with him, but Futch walked after Jones I
Here we go again! roy lost by DQ, and got his revenge by 1st round KO. Toney lost 2 times by UD. That's a fact.

Toney is one of my favourite fighters ever, but come on..Jones beat him when he was P4P the best in the world.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
General Zod
Banned

Quote:
Here we go again! roy lost by DQ, and got his revenge by 1st round KO. Toney lost 2 times by UD. That's a fact.
He deserved to be dqed for what he did, whether or not he got his revenge doesn't change it
Toney was clearly robbed in the second fight, it doesn't matter anyway Griffin was a class B fighter anyway
Quote:
Toney is one of my favourite fighters ever, but come on..Jones beat him when he was P4P the best in the world.
We are talking about their overall careers work, just because you lose to someone doesn't mean their resume becomes better than yours.
But I agree with Bennyst, Toney has hurt his case based on his inconsistency
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
General Zod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Jones by a very good margin.
I go with Jones overall body of work, due to Toney throwing away a lot of his years, but I would class Toney's best wins as better than Jones's best wins.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 AM
T.McGrady
Undisputed Champion

LOL - T.McGrady 

Quote:
He deserved to be dqed for what he did, whether or not he got his revenge doesn't change it
Toney was clearly robbed in the second fight, it doesn't matter anyway Griffin was a class B fighter anyway

We are talking about their overall careers work, just because you lose to someone doesn't mean their resume becomes better than yours.
But I agree with Bennyst, Toney has hurt his case based on his inconsistency
Roy's career is better. Former HW,LH(Undisputed),SMW,MD chmapion of the world, 90's FOTY, Never lost in his prime(except the 1st griffin bout).

He Beat:
Hopkins
Toney
Tarver
Ruiz
R.Johnson
McCallum
Virgil Hill

But i have to say Toney fought the better competion.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 AM
General Zod
Banned

Quote:
Roy's career is better. Former HW,LH(Undisputed),SMW,MD chmapion of the world, 90's FOTY, Never lost in his prime(except the 1st griffin bout).

He Beat:
Hopkins
Toney
Tarver
Ruiz
R.Johnson
McCallum
Virgil Hill

But i have to say Toney fought the better competion.
I agree, which is what BennyST said as well

you class beating that version of McCallum as a great win?

Last edited by General Zod; 05-08-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Equinox
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 215,839.57

Roy by mile.