Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 167.80
Total Points: 213,777.78
your the man - project xxx1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
I would have to go with Virgil Hill. Benn might have two wins with bigger names, one of which is very dodgy (if you've seen the Barkley fight), but overall Hill achieved a lot more and fought as many (probably more in fact) good or great fighters, and had a much greater title reign.

Benn also had a series of losses that go a little against him more so than Hill's losses.
He was basically shot after the McClellan fight and shouldn't of been anywhere near a ring, let alone fighting in one
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,354,720,405,606.31
Total Points: 56,384,953,523,718.28
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
He was basically shot after the McClellan fight and shouldn't of been anywhere near a ring, let alone fighting in one
I also mean his five round KO loss to Watson in his prime, along with his others.

In fact, the more I think about it the more inclined I am to say Hill quite easily. They were both two division world champions but Hill was a four time, two division champ (two time in both LHW and CW), both had some very fine wins and both had a few bad losses. However, it really wasn't until, Hill was past it that he lost badly, whereas Benn lost badly in his prime. Hill's only loss in his genuine prime was to the top 20/30 (wherever you want to put him) Tommy Hearns in Hill's first outing as LHW champ.

Many people overlook Hill foolishly though as he wasn't a great, popular champ or insane slugging power puncher like Benn.

All up, in two reigns at LHW, Hill made 22 defenses and unified the division. He would also go on to win the CW title from 42-1 Fabrice Tiozzo....I can just hear most saying "Who da fuk is dat dude? Sum Euro bum dat Money Mai would pwn. LAMO!" when in reality, throughout a 50 fight career he only lost twice. Both losses were to Hill, and Tiozzo was himself was a two division, three time champion. He has great wins over Dariusz Michalczewski (the guy that Jones supposedly ducked all that time at LHW), the very fine CW champ Nate Miller, who beat the excellent Orlin Norris for the title, as well as beating Mike McCallum (well before Jones got to him) and Eric Lucas......and they are only a few of his good wins. Hill also won his second CW title from the undefeated 30-0 Valery Brudov.

Hill also has an undefeated 30-0 Henry Maske win to unify the LHW division along with series of other very good wins over such champions like Frank Tate, James Kinchen, Bobby Czyz, Lottie Mwale (this guy is probably unknown here amongst most but was a great fighter and had big wins over an undefeated Tony Sibson, Marvin Johnson, etc), Marvin Camel (two time CW champ), Leslie Stewart etc etc.

Most people now really do only know him from Jones body shot KO of him.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 162,798,128,215,346.38
Total Points: 162,798,128,216,872.12
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Which is a shame because in his prime Hill was a terrific fighter.

Poet
Old 05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 167.80
Total Points: 213,777.78
your the man - project xxx1 

Quote:
I also mean his five round KO loss to Watson in his prime, along with his others.

In fact, the more I think about it the more inclined I am to say Hill quite easily. They were both two division world champions but Hill was a four time, two division champ (two time in both LHW and CW), both had some very fine wins and both had a few bad losses. However, it really wasn't until, Hill was past it that he lost badly, whereas Benn lost badly in his prime. Hill's only loss in his genuine prime was to the top 20/30 (wherever you want to put him) Tommy Hearns in Hill's first outing as LHW champ.

Many people overlook Hill foolishly though as he wasn't a great, popular champ or insane slugging power puncher like Benn.

All up, in two reigns at LHW, Hill made 22 defenses and unified the division. He would also go on to win the CW title from 42-1 Fabrice Tiozzo....I can just hear most saying "Who da fuk is dat dude? Sum Euro bum dat Money Mai would pwn. LAMO!" when in reality, throughout a 50 fight career he only lost twice. Both losses were to Hill, and Tiozzo was himself was a two division, three time champion. He has great wins over Dariusz Michalczewski (the guy that Jones supposedly ducked all that time at LHW), the very fine CW champ Nate Miller, who beat the excellent Orlin Norris for the title, as well as beating Mike McCallum (well before Jones got to him) and Eric Lucas......and they are only a few of his good wins. Hill also won his second CW title from the undefeated 30-0 Valery Brudov.

Hill also has an undefeated 30-0 Henry Maske win to unify the LHW division along with series of other very good wins over such champions like Frank Tate, James Kinchen, Bobby Czyz, Lottie Mwale (this guy is probably unknown here amongst most but was a great fighter and had big wins over an undefeated Tony Sibson, Marvin Johnson, etc), Marvin Camel (two time CW champ), Leslie Stewart etc etc.

The Watson loss was shocking, Benn fought like an idiot in that fight
I cant really comment on Hill as I'm not very familiar with his career