Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#31
Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
thatnickuh
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 853
Rep Power: 0 thatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these partsthatnickuh is infamous around these parts
Points: 30,480.91
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,480.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Of course Floyd thinks hes on something otherwise these tests wouldn't be an issue, why have they came around so sudden? Because pacquiao was schooling WW's and it couldn't have been possible. Snr has got in to Floyd's head pacquiao cannot be that good without being on to something. I cant believe people actually think Floyd is just doing it for the sake of boxing, it's utter bollocks. The Mayweathers think he's juicing, so with testing in place they will feel more comfortable that pacquiao wont be able to juice if he was to be on something... Sad state of affairs of really. The Mayweathers are trying to play down pacquiao legacy and i HATE them for it.
What is so unreasonable about that(bolded)? Mayweather has his own legacy, career, and life to think about, why should he put all of that on the line against a guy(s) he suspects MAY be doing something under the table? Why do you and everybody like you "hate" the fact that Mayweather is trying to protect himself? If you think that Pacquiao and his legacy have been damaged by this issue, then blame him and his team because their handling of the situation is the cause. All he has to to do is take the tests and make the fight, like Mosley and Mayweather did. Instead, he has turned the issue into some kind of insecure d*ck measuring contest where he refuses to be "dictated to" even though he was dictating himself by making requests of his own. Requests that Mayweather agreed to, by the way.

Instead of hating Mayweather for protecting himself and taking reasonable precautions in looking out for his own best interests, you should hate the way that Pacquiao and his team have played games with the public, insulting everyone's intelligence with their excuses and contradictions.
Reply With Quote
thatnickuh is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#32
Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Tamis!
Six-String-Ninja
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,606
Rep Power: 33 Tamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 766,534,993.48
Bank: 7,794,136,567,196.19
Total Points: 7,794,903,102,189.67
Great Poster with Brilliant taste in Music - Stone Roses! For a fellow Beatles fan - Stone Roses! cheers! - led for NU107 - led Cheers!! - BABYBOXER 
have a beer mate - sweetpea87 thanks for being a mate! - Ray* For a super guy! - jazluvr For a man of honor - jazluvr 100 B - MANIAC310 
these are great - jazluvr No Message - sweetpea87 They don't have guitars as gifts, so here's a beer instead! - sweetpea87 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Why should he refuse?
LOL. The master of answering questions (by replying with another question) is back!

If Floyd can suspect without reason (AS most people are saying) then he can refuse.

Because he can. Can't he?
Reply With Quote
Tamis! is offline
#33
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
mrgreenfingers
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 630
Rep Power: 7 mrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,109.60
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,109.60
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Tunney- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
Burner my mate!

He already said he's not saying Manny's on something. But will still insist OST.

It's clearer than sunshine with a clear logic of why he still wanted OST when he's not accusing anyone of taking PEDS?
yea hes not saying that publicly but he just wants to make sure just incase he is, so he obviously suspects, and pac refusing the tests fuels the fire.
Reply With Quote
mrgreenfingers is offline
#34
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London,England
Age: 36
Posts: 23,464
Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 108,137.13
Bank: 433,525,345,462,814.81
Total Points: 433,525,345,570,951.94
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
LOL. The master of answering questions (by replying with another question) is back!

If Floyd can suspect without reason (AS most people are saying) then he can refuse.

Because he can. Can't he?

So Mayweather has to give you/us or Pac a reason why he wants OST?
Reply With Quote
Ray* is online now
#35
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Pullcounter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,736
Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,048,293,011.64
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,389,351.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.G. View Post
What he means by 'equal playing field' is just that both men in the ring are completely clean of illegal performance enhancing drugs or methods. So the rankings and whatever don't really have any bearing on that.

I guess he insists on OST because he thinks there's a good chance that Manny's on PEDs.....I mean, to be fair to him, Pacman's behaviour in response to the allegations hasn't exactly been reassuring.

what's this "good chance" people talk about? Pac has passed every PED test he's taken. Ariza makes sure Pac is not taking anything illegal, and if that wasn't enough, he has a team of UCLA faculty studying his training.

You can't judge pac's behavior based on the standards of a culture obsessed with cheating. Pac lives with a different worldview. You also have to consider the psychological dimension of the issue. Pac believes he lost to morales because of the blood he had to give prior to the fight. I personally believe Morales was just a better boxer that night, but for Pac that has been ingrained into his psyche. It's the same thing as abstaining from sex for most boxers. some medical studies say that there's nothing to it, but some boxers still live by it. That means its not a physical issue, but a psychological one.

At the end of the day, I'm cool with OST, but if OST means the fight doesn't get made... I say **** OST!!!!
Reply With Quote
Pullcounter is offline
#36
Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 AM
mrgreenfingers
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 630
Rep Power: 7 mrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,109.60
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,109.60
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Tunney- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnickuh View Post
What is so unreasonable about that(bolded)? Mayweather has his own legacy, career, and life to think about, why should he put all of that on the line against a guy(s) he suspects MAY be doing something under the table? Why do you and everybody like you "hate" the fact that Mayweather is trying to protect himself? If you think that Pacquiao and his legacy have been damaged by this issue, then blame him and his team because their handling of the situation is the cause. All he has to to do is take the tests and make the fight, like Mosley and Mayweather did. Instead, he has turned the issue into some kind of insecure d*ck measuring contest where he refuses to be "dictated to" even though he was dictating himself by making requests of his own. Requests that Mayweather agreed to, by the way.

Instead of hating Mayweather for protecting himself and taking reasonable precautions in looking out for his own best interests, you should hate the way that Pacquiao and his team have played games with the public, insulting everyone's intelligence with their excuses and contradictions.
You sir, make perfect sense, i agree wholeheartly, well said, id do the same.
Reply With Quote
mrgreenfingers is offline
#37
Old 05-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Pullcounter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,736
Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,048,293,011.64
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,389,351.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post

So Mayweather has to give you/us or Pac a reason why he wants OST?

OST is optional. Pac has passed every PED test he's ever taken.

bottomline, if OST is the road block that prevents the fight from happening, then **** OST
Reply With Quote
Pullcounter is offline
#38
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 AM
mrgreenfingers
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 630
Rep Power: 7 mrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond reputemrgreenfingers has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,109.60
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,109.60
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Tunney- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
Like i said, if he's calling the shots then we have no fight.

Would never expect Pac to bulge when he has no reason to. The whole planet can join in the pressure for Pac to take the test, but unless Floyd has a clear cut basis on his assumptions then there's no way making a fight would even matter.
he meant taking punches in the ring
Reply With Quote
mrgreenfingers is offline
#39
Old 05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Tamis!
Six-String-Ninja
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,606
Rep Power: 33 Tamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond reputeTamis! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 766,534,993.48
Bank: 7,794,136,567,196.19
Total Points: 7,794,903,102,189.67
Great Poster with Brilliant taste in Music - Stone Roses! For a fellow Beatles fan - Stone Roses! cheers! - led for NU107 - led Cheers!! - BABYBOXER 
have a beer mate - sweetpea87 thanks for being a mate! - Ray* For a super guy! - jazluvr For a man of honor - jazluvr 100 B - MANIAC310 
these are great - jazluvr No Message - sweetpea87 They don't have guitars as gifts, so here's a beer instead! - sweetpea87 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post

So Mayweather has to give you/us or Pac a reason why he wants OST?
I didn't say that mate!

My question stands on equal playing field Floyd's supposed to be an advocator of.

Burner gave a good point about Floyd being a dumbarse if he doesn't stand to what he perpetuated in the first place. He has a point.
Reply With Quote
Tamis! is offline
#40
Old 05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
UND
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 98
Rep Power: 0 UND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these partsUND is infamous around these parts
Points: 3,061.54
Bank: 3,703.62
Total Points: 6,765.16
Default

I cannot see the problem people have with OSTing, people are acting like its only pacquaio who is going to be the taking the tests and that there were designed to weaken him.... Floyd took the tests and was fine Manny should take the test simple as
Reply With Quote
UND is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
back, equal, field...what, floyd's, he's, now..., playing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.