Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
araindon
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 339
Rep Power: 0 araindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,998.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,998.43
Default

The winner of the fight this weekend is most probably the no1 on the welterweight rankings, but I don't agree that it makes him the best P4P fighter, in my opinion it makes him number 2. If I did a welterweight rankings right now, I'd have it Shane, Manny and then Floyd. This based on competition fought and results gained. As for the P4P, you don't have to be on top of your weight class to be in the P4P. Manny can campaign at light-welterweight and could comfortably make that weight and EASILY be the best fighter in that weight class, but he is fighting at welterweight as the best fights are there. When Floyd moved to Welterweight and beat Zab, he was still number 2 welterweight yet P4P number 1.....so why can't Manny be the same?
Reply With Quote
araindon is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 04-25-2010, 10:35 AM
southpaw_07
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,977
Rep Power: 19 southpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 90,328,241.85
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 90,328,241.85
nice sig - E.P.T. No Message - TheKza 
Default

How many participants in this thread are suffering from some mental issues?

I',m only asking as it's quite clear that some posses an extreme bias for some fighters to the extent that they are not able to comprehend that fighters are only human beings, with cons and pros, nothing else.
Relax and look at a boxer and watch a fight with an open mind, before you are admitted to a mental institution due to a bipolar disorder.
Reply With Quote
southpaw_07 is offline
#23
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
nj_evoixgsr
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 791
Rep Power: 7 nj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 64,117.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 64,117.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Since when do we give the crown to a guy that beats the 3rd and 6th best welter in order. I can see you guys are impressed by the move up but come on Miguel was not the best and infact he lost to the guy that Shane iced. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize if you lose to that guy he obviously jumps you and that is why Shane is the number 1 guy in the division and you can't argue that. We aren't talking about bull****, myths like the P4P rankings, we are talking straight up what happens in the ring and that is Mosley is the man.

Now if Mayweather beats him, he becomes the man. It's simple to figure this out. Pac can beat Margarito and he still isn't the man because Margarito got iced and lost that spot. If Pac wants to be the number 1 ww in the world he has to fight the winner of this fight. If we fights Margarito he can't claim he is the best at the division. How hard is this to figure out?

And yes, Saturdays fight is for the number 1 spot P4P. You can't be the number 1 fighter in the world and not be the number 1 in your division. If Pac steps to the plate and beats the winner then he claims it. Till then, get off your dick riding, high horse and accept it.
i love the logic how you go from you must beat #1 to be #1. you can't beat #3 to get number 1. you just said the same **** in paragraph one then you fail to keep that going.


WOW and people are backing you up?

so if you beat shane the #3 and you don't fight the #1 Pac in P4P you get #1 cause your #1 in WW for beating #1 in WW but not beating #1 in P4P.

just like your supporters can't fight your logic because you just **** yourself in all three of your holes. dumb asses for real. as dumb as PBF himself. go back to school.

He'll be#1 at WW but doesn't mean he takes PACs P4P KINGSHIP. as mentioned, this solidifies the FIGHT MUST BE MADE.

Last edited by nj_evoixgsr; 04-25-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
nj_evoixgsr is offline
#24
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Shadow boxer 3
Ain't no half steppin'
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 32
Posts: 9,120
Rep Power: 34 Shadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,575.61
Bank: 16,190,300,470,706.59
Total Points: 16,190,300,502,282.20
Congrats on 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Cool cat, good poster - mangler for the family. - Ether Happy early Birthday :) :wave: - *Boss Lady* i like your avatar - zab191 
:kiss: - Bossy 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Childhood Cancer - Breakbeat Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Childhood Cancer - Dorian Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by araindon View Post
The winner of the fight this weekend is most probably the no1 on the welterweight rankings, but I don't agree that it makes him the best P4P fighter, in my opinion it makes him number 2. If I did a welterweight rankings right now, I'd have it Shane, Manny and then Floyd. This based on competition fought and results gained. As for the P4P, you don't have to be on top of your weight class to be in the P4P. Manny can campaign at light-welterweight and could comfortably make that weight and EASILY be the best fighter in that weight class, but he is fighting at welterweight as the best fights are there. When Floyd moved to Welterweight and beat Zab, he was still number 2 welterweight yet P4P number 1.....so why can't Manny be the same?
good point, i try to be a non bias floyd fan
Reply With Quote
Shadow boxer 3 is offline
#25
Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Andre Wardttke
Y'ALL MUST'VE FORGOT!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oldham, England!
Posts: 3,569
Rep Power: 14 Andre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,333,443.40
Bank: 4,957,726,473.89
Total Points: 4,963,059,917.29
The Rolling People - Stones! Douche Award - A-Wolf 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - The Chosen 
Default

It depends how the fight goes....but I still think I'd consider Pacquaio the best in the division if he wins.
Reply With Quote
Andre Wardttke is offline
#26
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Shadow boxer 3
Ain't no half steppin'
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 32
Posts: 9,120
Rep Power: 34 Shadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,575.61
Bank: 16,190,300,470,706.59
Total Points: 16,190,300,502,282.20
Congrats on 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Cool cat, good poster - mangler for the family. - Ether Happy early Birthday :) :wave: - *Boss Lady* i like your avatar - zab191 
:kiss: - Bossy 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Childhood Cancer - Breakbeat Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Childhood Cancer - Dorian Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 
Default

if floyd beats shane the #1 WW than that makes him #1 in the division but not P4P, i would put him at 2. but if he beat shane in impressive fashion, than u can make a case for him being P4P #1
Reply With Quote
Shadow boxer 3 is offline
#27
Old 04-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 18,869
Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,343,163.85
Bank: 40,152,289,402,606.73
Total Points: 40,152,389,745,770.58
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
i love the logic how you go from you must beat #1 to be #1. you can't beat #3 to get number 1. you just said the same **** in paragraph one then you fail to keep that going.


WOW and people are backing you up?

so if you beat shane the #3 and you don't fight the #1 Pac in P4P you get #1 cause your #1 in WW for beating #1 in WW but not beating #1 in P4P.
.
Yes, Floyd would get number 1 P4P back because he is beating the #3 and he happens to be in number one in the division. Pac hasn't done that, he beat Miguel who by most wasn't in the top 10 or if he was, was in the 8-10 range. Honestly, the only reason Pac was number 1 was because of Mayweathers retirement. He kept that title when Mayweather came back because he kept fighting good fighters and Mayweather took on Marquez. Now that Mayweather is taking on the number 1 WW and #3 P4P fighter, it trumps everything that Pac accomplished since the return of Mayweather and in return gives Mayweather the crown.

As for the WW argument, it is self explanatory because Shane is number 1 in the division.
Reply With Quote
Check is offline
#28
Old 04-25-2010, 10:53 AM
araindon
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 339
Rep Power: 0 araindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,998.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,998.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
if floyd beats shane the #1 WW than that makes him #1 in the division but not P4P, i would put him at 2. but if he beat shane in impressive fashion, than u can make a case for him being P4P #1
This could could be the case. If Floyd ices Shane and KO's him and does it all in dominant fashion, I would probably put him above Manny. Likewise if Shane totally destroys Mayweather you might have an arguement to put him above Manny....my guess though, whoever wins. The rankings will stay the same and then the winner will fight Manny to determine the undisputed P4P King.
Reply With Quote
araindon is offline
#29
Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 AM
araindon
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London, England
Posts: 339
Rep Power: 0 araindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond reputearaindon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,998.43
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,998.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Yes, Floyd would get number 1 P4P back because he is beating the #3 and he happens to be in number one in the division. Pac hasn't done that, he beat Miguel who by most wasn't in the top 10 or if he was, was in the 8-10 range. Honestly, the only reason Pac was number 1 was because of Mayweathers retirement. He kept that title when Mayweather came back because he kept fighting good fighters and Mayweather took on Marquez. Now that Mayweather is taking on the number 1 WW and #3 P4P fighter, it trumps everything that Pac accomplished since the return of Mayweather and in return gives Mayweather the crown.

As for the WW argument, it is self explanatory because Shane is number 1 in the division.
I disagree....Manny is number one firstly because Mayweather retired I agree. But then he backed it up by beating everyone he fought in convincing fashion. From Oscar (in a fight almost EVERYONE expected him to lose) to Hatton, to Cotto to Clottey. In all that time, Floyd has beaten Marquez and cheated him on the scales in the process...that is completely undeserving of being P4P no1. Even if he beats Mosley. It's Mayweathers resume of Marquez and Mosley....vs Pacqiuao's resume of De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Clottey. Pacquiao win's hands down.
Reply With Quote
araindon is offline
#30
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
nj_evoixgsr
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 791
Rep Power: 7 nj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond reputenj_evoixgsr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 64,117.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 64,117.14
Default

well, we'll see how it goes on saturday. if PBF knocks shane out or makes him look like marquez. then it'll be 50/50. but i don't think they should easily give him p4p back w/out beating the current P4P Champ. Dude hasn't lost and extremely impressive in all his last outings.

Plus he's given enough reason since moving into P4P King all the right reasons for being the P4P. Moving in weight taking on the best if not disputed the best in the weight.

BTW, Shane lost to #2 Cotto. So can't say cotto wasn't ****. he was just made that way after MargoCHEATO then Pac.

Last edited by nj_evoixgsr; 04-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
nj_evoixgsr is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
crack, don't, king, saturdays, winner

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.