Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I always get injuries on my feet from jogging?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I always get injuries on my feet from jogging?

Its like when I jog for some reason I accidentally bring too much force down on my 180 pound 5'10 body! I feel like my bones and the bottom of my feet are sore, I end up gimping around at times because of the pain.

I use asics running shoes that got great reviews on tv shows like abc or cbs new or one of those that said these are suppose to be great running shoes.

I mean is it that hard to make shoes for people like me who must accidentally bring down too much force on the concrete roads? Like make it so its softer impact. I am sick of getting so sick of injuries to my feet.
    Last edited by SoldierWarrior; 04-22-2010, 08:41 PM.

Let yourself heal up before going back out to run. Also, change surfaces. Run concrete then switch to track/dirt/grass. Also, try to invest in some dr. scholls. lol

I feel where your comming from tho. I'm on the shelf for 2 weeks because of shin splints. Been nagging for a while but I finally decided to not do **** on my feet but walk until 2 weeks pass. Then I will see where I am. Shin splints kill your entire work out. I can't even shadow box because I can't push off my feet. lol

Comment

you will probably get used to it...if not see if your wearing the right socks or buy one of those sole inserts the guy who probably sold you the asics recommended...

Comment

thats coz u not gellin!!!

try some of those inserts and running on softer ground, ppl are different.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
          I use asics running shoes that got great reviews on tv shows like abc or cbs new or one of those that said these are suppose to be great running shoes.
          dump the asics and buy pearl izumi. running shoe for real runners.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/shop.php?p...oducts&outlet=

i own the syncroguide 2. well worth the money.

btw, what bones are sore? the bones on top of your foot?

also

are you running toe-heel or heel-toe?

Comment

The same thing happened to me a month ago. I'd run and my ankles would hurt a lot, to the point where I had to limp back home.

The thing is. I was too heavy and my muscles were not strong enought yet. So I consulted a professional and that's what I did: 1 month running on a treadmill to get fit, and then the streets.

Nowadays I can run without problems. If you can do the same, it might work for you.

Good luck!

Comment

Your more likley to get injuries at a younger age because in-experience .Warm up and warm down properly .Stretch 12 to 15 seconds before and 30 seconds after exercise .Also make sure your getting enough protein and also potassium's good and helps your muscles .Google potassium you get it in bananas and other foods. If it's your bones or joints then more calcium in your diet like from milk and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
                dump the asics and buy pearl izumi. running shoe for real runners.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/shop.php?p...oducts&outlet=

i own the syncroguide 2. well worth the money.

btw, what bones are sore? the bones on top of your foot?

also

are you running toe-heel or heel-toe?
                **** that ****, what I'm going through is painful but I don't got 100-150 bucks to spend on running shoes. Wtf, the running shoes I get from Khols Nikes and Asics are priced at about 60-50 bucks. 100-150 is unreasonable even if the shoes are better!

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                  **** that ****, what I'm going through is painful but I don't got 100-150 bucks to spend on running shoes. Wtf, the running shoes I get from Khols Nikes and Asics are priced at about 60-50 bucks. 100-150 is unreasonable even if the shoes are better!

lol, I know how you feel bro. I agree with the shoes thing. The only time I would ever pay 100+ for shoes is when I buy a suit for some type of formal occasion.

Like I said before, go buy some dr. scholls shoe inserts. I haven't baught them yet but after I heal up these damn shin splints(this week will be the last week before I am fully healed or need to see a doctor). They will be in my running shoes for sure after I heal though.

Comment

I suffer from the same weakness. I get this quite often when running.
                    http://www.runnersrescue.com/Metatar...re_Running.htm

The problem is that it will sideline you from jogging for a long time. I got one about a month ago on a jog on a beautiful flat track at a park, and I wear a pair of reebok running shoes.

The solution? I bought an elliptical machine and even with the stress fracture you can use it.

Not only that, but 2 miles on the elliptical and you're going to be sweating head to toe and is much more difficult to do than running. I can run for 3 miles, but 1.5 to 2 on the elliptical is hell.

I got mine for $100 used and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                    X