Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What you think of Tommy "The Duke" Morrison???
Tommy "The Duke" was an elite HW in his time!!! 4 23.53%
He was an average fighter 10 58.82%
He was a bum with a lucky left hook 2 11.76%
WTF??????? I though Rocky was fake!!!! 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 322,424.26
Thanks - Toney616 

He aight. If he was in his prime he could be at the top in this era. But if you didnt bring him up he would never cross my mind.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-21-2010, 02:22 PM
RavshinRicRude
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,748,633,350,880,731.00
Total Points: 4,748,633,350,972,360.00
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor &lt;3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

[QUOTE=Boogie Nights;8148965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez721 View Post
in a fights where brewster could outlast someone it was usually his chin that kept him through the end, with tommy he could beat anyone for sure, but unlike brewster, if he got tagged good he usually called it a night. but looking at his chin from another perspective, the fights that he lost by ko he was hit by some tremendous blows. it's not like he was going down from a grazing punch.
He really did take some hellacious blows......I guess weather he was Ko'ing or being ko'd either was it was gonna be massive!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
RavshinRicRude
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor &lt;3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
He aight. If he was in his prime he could be at the top in this era. But if you didnt bring him up he would never cross my mind.
Yeah that was kinda my point....I mean at least for a Kat like me who is in love with the HW scene of the 80's early 90's (what I reffer to "The Iron Era") this kat just doesn't seem to come up with the elites of the day yet he was right up there....go figure.....

The duke himself said it had to do with race and the fact he was white....wonder if that is true.....
Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
fightfan_79
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 fightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,756,355.60
Total Points: 8,090,680.81
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicDaRula View Post
Paulie: No, you listen okay? Rocky, Rocky, he's the real champion, you're just a goddamn joke.
[Paulie pshes back Tommy and Tommy punches him back, Rocky comes back to console Paulie]
Paulie: [to Rocky] Yous hould've left him on streets where you found him.
Rocky Balboa: [to Tommy] Hey! You knock him down how 'bout tryin' knockin' *me* down.
George W. Duke: No, no. In the ring. In the ring. Tommy only fights in the ring.
Rocky Balboa: My ring's outside.

(somehow I just knew this thread would head this way hahahha)
Duke: "Touch me and i'll sue...."

Rocky: (huge haymaker to the body)......"Sue me for what????"

Tommy: *eyes still glazed over on lyin on the hood of the limo*
Old 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
RavshinRicRude
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightfan_79 View Post
Duke: "Touch me and i'll sue...."

Rocky: (huge haymaker to the body)......"Sue me for what????"

Tommy: *eyes still glazed over on lyin on the hood of the limo*
Hahaha......"touch me and ill sue" priceless!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Freedom2014
Boxing aficionado

Rep Power: 259 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,178,962,233,772,752.00
Total Points: 60,178,962,234,096,544.00
For the Beatle info! - led* Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led Great poster. - PainfromUkraine 
elite poster - A-Wolf For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz Thanks - Weltz 
One of the best members in boxingscene - Red Cyclone Thsnks - Scott.Weiland No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland Right on, I appreciate that - Boxing Goat 
For rennouncing your faith in Wladimir Klitschko. Good Job. Welcome to the Wilder side of things. Welcome to team Wilder. Bommmmmmb Squaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd - BrushMyHair To my fellow Beatle-maniac - led Beterbiev - wladavit Thnx for the green. You are a superb poster as well. - Boxing Goat Have a pint on me! - House of Stone 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

There should be another option: he was somewhere BETWEEN an average fighter and an elite HW.

He was a very hard puncher but didn't have good defensive skills.

He was a top heavyweight contender, but not an ATG nor an elite HW.

Last edited by Freedom2014; 04-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:48 PM
RavshinRicRude
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
There should be another option: he was somewhere BETWEEN an average fighter and an elite HW.

He was a very hard puncher but didn't have good defensive skills.

He was a top heavyweight contender, but not an ATG nor an elite HW.
Really you dont' see him as an elite HW of this time???? he was up there with the best of them IN HIS ERA....not all time but out of the HW of his era...I have no problem putting right up there.....