Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What you think of Tommy "The Duke" Morrison???
Tommy "The Duke" was an elite HW in his time!!! 4 23.53%
He was an average fighter 10 58.82%
He was a bum with a lucky left hook 2 11.76%
WTF??????? I though Rocky was fake!!!! 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
RavshinRicRude
Da Real HMIC

Rep Power: 93 RavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,819,150,290,319,087.50
Total Points: 3,819,150,290,345,152.00
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor <3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, "start rumors" thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 
Default Where do you rank Tommy "The Duke" Morrison....AKA "Tommy Gunn"

So I was trying to find the Martinez Pavlik fight somewhere to watch....and inevitably (as always) I ended up on youtube checking out some old fights and some of my fav massive ko's....just then I came across a highlight reel for Tommy "The Duke" Morrison.....and I realized.....this kat was pretty damn legit and had some great KO's in his time....that left hook of his was something of beauty.....but no one ever seems to talk about "The Duke" got me wondering what ya'll think of him.....

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if he can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

Last edited by RavshinRicRude; 04-21-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
etlux
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 etlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 651,142.41
Total Points: 30,748,408.53
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicDaRula View Post
So I was trying to find the Martinez Pavlik fight somewhere to watch....and inevitably (as always) I ended up on youtube checking out some old fights and some of my fav massive ko's....just then I came across a highlight reel for Tommy "The Duke" Morrison.....and I realized.....this kat was pretty damn legit and had some great KO's in his time....that left hook of his was something of beauty.....but no one ever seems to talk about "The Duke" got me wondering what ya'll think of him.....

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if we can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

huh what comeback. he fought once in 2007 once in 2008 and that's it. sounds like a failed comeback attempt to me.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
infamous larryx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 infamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,505,084.13
Total Points: 110,958,473.72
Keep your head up! Better days are coming. - California Love happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest money money money....MONEY! - Gorilla Dogs have a beer - -pound4pound- Have a bigmac - Grand Champ 
Badass Mayweather Fan - Stones! Great Cotto vid you posted! - jazluvr get wasted tonight - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

i rank him absolutly nowhere..good solid fighter but nothing great..still remember mercer knocking him the **** out
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
infamous larryx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 infamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,505,084.13
Total Points: 110,958,473.72
Keep your head up! Better days are coming. - California Love happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest money money money....MONEY! - Gorilla Dogs have a beer - -pound4pound- Have a bigmac - Grand Champ 
Badass Mayweather Fan - Stones! Great Cotto vid you posted! - jazluvr get wasted tonight - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by etlux View Post
huh what comeback. he fought once in 2007 once in 2008 and that's it. sounds like a failed comeback attempt to me.
lol..cosign............................
Old 04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
etlux
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 etlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond reputeetlux has a reputation beyond repute
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM.. 

I mean sure he was elite. Not atg and probably not HOF material. He was just a good fighter period.

Too many people on this site view things too black and white, someone either has to be the GOAT or they're a bum. There's no in between. Newsflash: a good 75% of fighters are just "good" not "great" and not "bums/journeyman".

Tommy Morrison was a good fighter in an Ok era.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
RavshinRicRude
Da Real HMIC

Rep Power: 93 RavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond reputeRavshinRicRude has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor &lt;3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2010 View Post
lol..cosign............................
Yeah his last fight was in 08 but he is trying to comeback....still can't get a lic in the states though.....but that's not here nor there....im asking if you guys think he was elite back in the day???
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
RavshinRicRude
Da Real HMIC

No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor &lt;3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, &quot;start rumors&quot; thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
I mean sure he was elite. Not atg and probably not HOF material. He was just a good fighter period.

Too many people on this site view things too black and white, someone either has to be the GOAT or they're a bum. There's no in between. Newsflash: a good 75% of fighters are just "good" not "great" and not "bums/journeyman".

Tommy Morrison was a good fighter in an Ok era.
I can get with that.....most fighters are good...only a few can be considered ATG's no doubt.......this kat was a big player in the HW for a minute though....and he sure did have some power....
Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
etlux
Undisputed Champion

Like I said yeah he was elite. He KTFO Razor Ruddock(really one of only 3 people that beat him...Tyson, Lewis and Morrison), beat George Foreman by UD before Foreman won the title by KTFO Moorer...etc
Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
fightfan_79
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 fightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond reputefightfan_79 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,604,270.20
Total Points: 7,936,947.41
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 

Quote:

I know he is trying to make a comeback...he looks to be in great shape (HIV claims aside of course)....wonder if he can make anything of a comeback in this weakass HW we got now a days!!!

He's top 5 ATG HW right now.....but ahead of him are definately Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago and of course Rocky Balboa.....Tarver...I mean Mason Dixon.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Calilloyd
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 624,385.10
Total Points: 651,839.63
For being one helluva poster!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:

Good solid contender that hit very hard. Excellent left hook. Exciting to watch. Weak chin and poor stamina. Nothing more than that.