No announcement yet.

Martinez ride your momentum away from p.will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez ride your momentum away from p.will

While the Martinez- Williams fight was close and a great fight, I feel that the right fighter got his hand raised at nights end. That being said, congrats on a great win to take the MW. crown from Pavlik. Martinez should parlay that win and momentum into bigger and better things. I say don't tempt fate again with another fight against Paul Williams. Remember when Paul fought Quintana the first time and lost, he was fight a fight that he had to settle for after not being able to land a big fight after beating Margarito (probably a loaded gloves Margarito) toe to toe. Same thing for the fight with Martinez, he was fighting a world class fighter who hadn't lost in a decade on short notice after Pavlik backed out on him once again. Paul didn't have a great night in that fight but he dug deep and pulled it out late. I think if the rematch between he and Martinez is made (especially with the MW. crown up for grabs Paul will jump on him early and get him out of there by the middle rounds. You just don't give Paul Williams two chances to whip you. There is a reason that there is no shortage of guys avoiding that man. Martinez's career would be best served by looking elsewhere. And P.Will, go ahead and see if you can clean out the loaded JMW. division.

****k that. pwill/martinez is the best fight at 154-160. but martinez can demand 50/50 now.

Comment

Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
      While the Martinez- Williams fight was close and a great fight, I feel that the right fighter got his hand raised at nights end. That being said, congrats on a great win to take the MW. crown from Pavlik. Martinez should parlay that win and momentum into bigger and better things. I say don't tempt fate again with another fight against Paul Williams. Remember when Paul fought Quintana the first time and lost, he was fight a fight that he had to settle for after not being able to land a big fight after beating Margarito (probably a loaded gloves Margarito) toe to toe. Same thing for the fight with Martinez, he was fighting a world class fighter who hadn't lost in a decade on short notice after Pavlik backed out on him once again. Paul didn't have a great night in that fight but he dug deep and pulled it out late. I think if the rematch between he and Martinez is made (especially with the MW. crown up for grabs Paul will jump on him early and get him out of there by the middle rounds. You just don't give Paul Williams two chances to whip you. There is a reason that there is no shortage of guys avoiding that man. Martinez's career would be best served by looking elsewhere. And P.Will, go ahead and see if you can clean out the loaded JMW. division.
      Dude had less than a month to train for the Williams fight , he could have won a middleweight fight (I think he won by a rd but that is just me). In this fight, he won like 8-3 against the middleweight champ and dogged him out for the most part. The truth will unveil itself to you if you look for it!

Comment

Paul doesn't want anymore of Martinez he needs to ride his momentum away from sergio lol. I take Serge in the rematch might even be a TKO either way it would be a Great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
          Paul doesn't want anymore of Martinez he needs to ride his momentum away from sergio lol. I take Serge in the rematch might even be a TKO either way it would be a Great fight.
          Great post, the truth could not be any clearer...Pavlik will duck too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            ****k that. pwill/martinez is the best fight at 154-160. but martinez can demand 50/50 now.

If hes smart hell ask for at minimum 60/40 who else is Williams going to fight? Plus hes the MW champ!
            Last edited by Crazylegs77; 04-17-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

okay if you say so, I just wanted to see Martinez have a descent title reign because Kelly didn't. The are alot of things to factor in if Williams and Martinez fight again, the least of all being that they will both be training for a fight with each other for the full camp unlike the first go round. I say give Paul williams a full training camp to fight Martinez after having really studied his fights and having done battle with him once will be a recipe for disaster for Martinez. I know Martinez is a great, great fighter. I just think that fighting Paul Williams again, whether its what we demand or not may really derail his momentum. Right now he gets big respect for the way the first Williams fight went. Lets see what we have to say after a motivated and focused P.Will rapes him (ala Quintana rematch) the second time around.
              Last edited by trufightfanatic; 04-17-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

if that fight is made, you have a bet. just get at me if & when.

Comment

Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
                  if that fight is made, you have a bet. just get at me if & when.
                  Oh no doubt

Comment

Why are you against the fight happening? I'm sure both Martinez and Williams are excited to get in the ring and erase all doubt....this could end up being a great trilogy...I favor Martinez winning the rematch by TKO, but first I would like to see Williams get past Cintron to even debate this fight in my head

Comment

Working...
                    X