My God, they actually have been saying boxing is dead for centuries - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 13,459,088,795.55
Total Points: 13,459,107,181.09
Default My God, they actually have been saying boxing is dead for centuries

read the full article here:
http://theglitchking.sportsblog.com/...centuries.html

I always assumed that was just something people were saying till I stumbled onto these ancient articles from the google news paper archives dating back over 200 years. This is a long one and well worth the read. I think everyone here can appreciate this. Some of the text is scrambled though.

I'm going to quote from the articles found in the goodle news archives. They're well worth a read if you've ever stood on the boxing is dying bad wagon I read every one of these and love it. In no real order here are some I found most interesting.

1937 - Jack Dempsey knows his own game. When he says boxing will be washed up within a year, unless something's done, he's talking straight from his heart. "It isn't boxing anymore, he complains, "but just a big lawsuit."

Still, when Jack thinks the evils of his former occupation can be cleaned up by appointing a czar-someone like judge landis, who runs organised baseball, there is room for doubt

read the full article here:
http://theglitchking.sportsblog.com/...centuries.html
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, centuries, dead, god

User Tag List