Wladimir Klitschko could beat Brock at MMA - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27 pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,605,366,890.35
Total Points: 40,206,484,915.90
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 
Default Wladimir Klitschko could beat Brock at MMA

If any boxer could have success in MMA that would be Wlad and I'll state my reasons.

As a heavyweight there is no bigger MMA heavyweight than Wlad that is elite. Brock, Shane, Velazquez are not bigger. Brock is not bigger even if he looks like a Gorilla.

Wlad is as athletically gifted as any MMA elite heavyweight right now.

Wlad is a ****ing *****, he's afraid of getting hit but because of this character trait of his, he is smart and he knows his limitations. Outside game and strong clinch game when you get on the inside. He is like a GSP in terms of *****fied and being smart. GSP got *****fied by Serra and Wlad got pussified by Brewster, since those fights, they have become unbeatable and so highly efficient in their respective games.

Wlad's jab to a somebody that stands 6-1 or 6-3 is like they are getting hit with a hockey stick. He can knock you down with a jab. Cain, Shane and Brock cannot really leg kick him, if they decide that they'll be piston jabbed to death. So they would instead shoot on him and probably have great success but Wlad isn't a Toney, he is huge and his game is outside fighting. So if he shoots this long, long hammer of his with his left and somebody shoots, they'll have to shoot from far and if they do that, Wlad can jump out and come back with a right hand or smth. Wlad has exceptional footwork. And if he hits you with a 4 ounce glove, I mean a jab can break your face in half. When Freddi Roach use to train him before he got a fight with his brother Vitaly because Vitaly was upset that Freddie was teaching him how to clinch, Freddie roach said that he's never had a fighter hit the pads harder than Wladimir including Tyson.

Wlad is not ignorant, he always wants to learn. So he'll spend at least 6 months preparing with the best coaches and sparring partners. He's already extremely strong at holding your neck down when you get close to him in the boxing ring.

Lastly, Wlad is a ****king athlete, he is not James Toney or Ray Mercer who used to be good athletes but have deteriorated with age. He is not Butterbean or Botha or Mayorga who have very little athletic ability. The way people talk about Lebron being a football player and a basketball player, I think that Wlad could've been as good of a wrestler as he is a boxer and we know how important wrestling is and Wlad will learn a lot of it in half a year, exceptional athletes who are motivated and want to learn, their learning curve is much shorter. I mean look at Josh Koshcheck's striking, I never thought his striking would amount to anything and he has exceeded everybody's expectation, remember him in the UF, his striking was the worst ever. I don't think Josh though is a smart, athletic or that he posses the same physical advantages that Wlad has.

PS: I like GSP a lot, but the Serra fight took his striking confidence away, now he relies on it rarely and not on a consistent basis so he doesn't get caught in an exchange. I don't like Wlad I used to like him before when he went all out on people and took them out easy, but this style that was way more attractive would've gotten him easily taken down in MMA, with his new safety first style I don't see how a heavyweight MMA guy can avoid the jab, this is not a Frank Mir jab.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Junito-Rulez
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Junito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,181,257.62
Total Points: 1,430,354.65
good poster - shobox good poster with a good attitude. - DiLLiNGER merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler An apple a day keeps zionist scum away. - Stone Roses! 
Scarface - Stones! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tom Jones 

Good interesting post i agree with it.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 114 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,115,582,221,560,571.00
Total Points: 4,115,585,922,762,462.50
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Interesting post. I wouldn't say anybody who fights for a living is a ***** though...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Rep Power: 27 pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps View Post
Interesting post. I wouldn't say anybody who fights for a living is a ***** though...
I apologize, figure of speech kinda sorta, when you watch Gatti you become too harsh.

For the record I don't think that either Wlad or GSP have glass chins, they just panic when they get hit.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
American_Ninja
MMA FAN

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33 American_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,769,332.16
Total Points: 219,879,490.30
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 
Send a message via Yahoo to American_Ninja

You must be out your mind, aint no way in hell ANY Klit can beat Teh Brock.
It's just stupid to keep comparing boxers to Mixed Martial Art Fighters.
imo.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ninja View Post
You must be out your mind, aint no way in hell ANY Klit can beat Teh Brock.
It's just stupid to keep comparing boxers to Mixed Martial Art Fighters.
imo.
But it's OK to compare a pure wrestler to MMA fighters?

I mean what did Brock do before he conquered UFC, he failed as a football player in preseason training despite all his size and athleticism, yet he goes in the UFC and all of a sudden he is the # 1 heavyweight there. I remember a lot of people were talking that Brock had nothing on MMA fighters, now they sing a different song.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

One more thing Brock Lesnar shouldn't even be call MMA fighter. He wrestles you down and grounds and pounds you, which to him comes naturally. He hasn't exhibited much or any mixed martial artness to me. At least Velazquez can punch and kick besides his wrestling. Brock can only GnP.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:15 PM
American_Ninja
MMA FAN

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33 American_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,769,332.16
Total Points: 219,879,490.30
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 
Send a message via Yahoo to American_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticid View Post
One more thing Brock Lesnar shouldn't even be call MMA fighter. He wrestles you down and grounds and pounds you, which to him comes naturally. He hasn't exhibited much or any mixed martial artness to me. At least Velazquez can punch and kick besides his wrestling. Brock can only GnP.
Yea I guess ur right, The Knee's Brock throws are purely WWE, the strikes too. Like any athlete, you use all your advantages.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ninja View Post
Yea I guess ur right, The Knee's Brock throws are purely WWE, the strikes too. Like any athlete, you use all your advantages.
So because you throw crappy strikes in addition to your wrestling this makes you a mixed martial artist? Give me a break, we have boxers who are **** as boxers and we say they can't box, but Chris Leben throws knees and elbows and all of a sudden he is a mixed martial artist when in fact he is the crappiest fighter of them all.

Brock fights in Mixed Martial Arts, that doesn't mean that he is a mixed martial artist, he is a wrestler.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
$BloodyNate$
GUCCI

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28 $BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,660,533,834,130,950.00
Total Points: 13,760,533,834,287,366.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Retard - Weltschmerz this idiot deserves a kick - Freedom. 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 

Disagree. I don't care who he's gonna train with for 6 months, he's not stuffing Brocks takedown. Brock takes him down and pound him out in one. Too explosive and fast not to mention freakishly strong.

Share This With Friends

Tags
beat, brock, klitschko, wladimir

User Tag List