Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Felixion
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Felixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,911.68
Default A Little Science Lesson For The PAC-Tards

The average human body has 10 pints of blood. That blood is made up on three factors:

- Red Blood Cells
- White Blood Cells
- Plasma ( The viscous liquid responsible for essentially carrying the previous two components)

Obviously, your body needs all of them to function. The red blood cells specifically in the case of an athlete are vitally important in transporting oxygen rich blood to muscles ( for instance Manny Pacquaio's shoulder when he's throwing punches).

Now, when the human body loses blood it naturally regenerates it over a period of time using bone marrow and lymphonic cells.

When you say that Mosley, Mayweather and hypothetically Pacquiao will be fighting at reduced strength because they're taking blood tests - you sound like idiots.

Here's why.

Athletes are cardiovascular specimens. Their hearts, through training, become far more efficient than the average man's. It's called STROKE VOLUME. There's a reason that the average heart rate of a professional athlete is lower than you and me, because their hearts are trained and efficient - more elastic. With a single heartbeat, their hearts can carry oxygen rich blood to more of their body than a normal person. Sorry to break it to you - but the small amount of blood being taken from these fighters is not enough to hemodynamically compromise their athletic ability. End of story.

Mayweather and Mosley are having VIALS of blood removed, and not on consecutive days. Keep in mind that everyday people carry on from blood drives after having an entire PINT removed.

If you actually expect me to believe that Pacquiao, or any other ELITE ATHLETE is going to suffer physically because of the removal of small vials of blood, you're joking.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-16-2010, 06:15 PM
bmoffitt18
Contender

Rep Power: 0 bmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 63,748.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixion View Post
The average human body has 10 pints of blood. That blood is made up on three factors:

- Red Blood Cells
- White Blood Cells
- Plasma ( The viscous liquid responsible for essentially carrying the previous two components)

Obviously, your body needs all of them to function. The red blood cells specifically in the case of an athlete are vitally important in transporting oxygen rich blood to muscles ( for instance Manny Pacquaio's shoulder when he's throwing punches).

Now, when the human body loses blood it naturally regenerates it over a period of time using bone marrow and lymphonic cells.

When you say that Mosley, Mayweather and hypothetically Pacquiao will be fighting at reduced strength because they're taking blood tests - you sound like idiots.

Here's why.

Athletes are cardiovascular specimens. Their hearts, through training, become far more efficient than the average man's. It's called STROKE VOLUME. There's a reason that the average heart rate of a professional athlete is lower than you and me, because their hearts are trained and efficient - more elastic. With a single heartbeat, their hearts can carry oxygen rich blood to more of their body than a normal person. Sorry to break it to you - but the small amount of blood being taken from these fighters is not enough to hemodynamically compromise their athletic ability. End of story.

Mayweather and Mosley are having VIALS of blood removed, and not on consecutive days. Keep in mind that everyday people carry on from blood drives after having an entire PINT removed.

If you actually expect me to believe that Pacquiao, or any other ELITE ATHLETE is going to suffer physically because of the removal of small vials of blood, you're joking.
Great post. But dude you forgot that every single Pac fan is a M.D., so they will come up with contemporary research they are conducting that will refute everything you have said. Watch out dude.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Bogler
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 220,087,572.38
Total Points: 220,171,452.21
cheers pare - Makavelli can't just have one beer - Makavelli dagdag natin beer mo pre - Makavelli 4 beers is better than 3...isa pa - Makavelli G35 Owners need beer - Makavelli 
cheers, pare!! - Chadmack 

was this the first time you learned this and wanna brag about it?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
bmoffitt18
Contender

Rep Power: 0 bmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these partsbmoffitt18 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 63,748.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogler View Post
was this the first time you learned this and wanna brag about it?
This is what we call a defense mechanism. I think you realize that you have nothing to say to him in regards to what he had to say about blood loss, so you attack him as a person. My mother does this all the time.
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 60 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 539,034,276,586,380.19
Total Points: 539,034,276,697,635.44
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Fact is no one would be in danger from giving blood, Unless you have something to hide randomly.
Felixion
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Felixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these partsFelixion is infamous around these parts

Exactly. Any athlete on this level would have to suffer from much more significant blood less for it to effect them noticably.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Blade Runner
Banned

Total Points: 3,388.69

Anyone who is too scared to take a tiny blood test should be banned from boxing

Why cant he take a teaspoon of blood? Lmao
Idgas
vas Normandy

Rep Power: 17 Idgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond reputeIdgas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,161,660.70
Total Points: 2,185,324.28
For your great efforts! - jazluvr449 Another for the final sig! Thanks again! - jazluvr449 

pacquiao's issue with blood tests are more mental than biological. it's a big mental issue for him. even though in reality the test won't actually make him physcially weak, if he thinks it does then it will affect him.
Bogler
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond reputeBogler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 220,087,572.38
Total Points: 220,171,452.21
cheers pare - Makavelli can't just have one beer - Makavelli dagdag natin beer mo pre - Makavelli 4 beers is better than 3...isa pa - Makavelli G35 Owners need beer - Makavelli 
cheers, pare!! - Chadmack 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoffitt18 View Post
This is what we call a defense mechanism. I think you realize that you have nothing to say to him in regards to what he had to say about blood loss, so you attack him as a person. My mother does this all the time.
fool, almost everyone has had a blood test in their life and everyone knows that blood taken gets replaced. what's new w/ what he said that isn't known?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Felixion
Contender

If everyone knows that, then why do you and your dumb little friends go on about how it affects their athleticism?

Did they skip over this part of anatomy in Phillipino public school?