I finally got to watch Machida vs Rua tonight... - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 AM
1 on 1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 89,170.88
Default I finally got to watch Machida vs Rua tonight...

... Yeah, lucky me, not. Anyway, when this fight took place I didn't get to watch it. But, read all the controversy, on how Rua got robbed and how Rua dominated his way to victory, blah, blah.

Man, tonight, I actually scored the fight and I scored it exactly how the judges had it, 48-47 in favor of Machida(quite easily could have gone the other way). It was a very difficult fight to score, neither guy was really willing to engage.

My impression, Machida was looking to counter as always and at the same time being too cautious of Rua's takedowns and on the opposite side, Rua was being too cautious of Machida's counter-striking. Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.

I honestly don't see the rematch being that much different, unless Dana White puts a gun on both fighters heads if they don't brawl like Kimbo Slice, lol
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
snakey112
Contender

Total Points: 20,315.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 on 1 View Post
Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.
that was a great fight, it was like watching two cobras waiting to strike and I can't wait for the rematch. and if you think shogun doesn't have the striking prowess or know how to press the fight then I suggest you watch some pride shogun fights, specifically shogun vs rampage.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
gandhalf
Banned

Rep Power: 0 gandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,172,383.76
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. No Message - betmen 

Quote:
... Yeah, lucky me, not. Anyway, when this fight took place I didn't get to watch it. But, read all the controversy, on how Rua got robbed and how Rua dominated his way to victory, blah, blah.

Man, tonight, I actually scored the fight and I scored it exactly how the judges had it, 48-47 in favor of Machida(quite easily could have gone the other way). It was a very difficult fight to score, neither guy was really willing to engage.

My impression, Machida was looking to counter as always and at the same time being too cautious of Rua's takedowns and on the opposite side, Rua was being too cautious of Machida's counter-striking. Rua doesn't have the striking prowess or know-how needed to really press the fight. Well, that's my take on it, I didn't see it as a robbery either way, no way, no how. Just one boring fight, that doesn't deserve to be on PPV if a rematch were to happen.

I honestly don't see the rematch being that much different, unless Dana White puts a gun on both fighters heads if they don't brawl like Kimbo Slice, lol
watched that one without audio (can't stand ufc commentators)... I gave it to Shogun..easy.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 PM
1 on 1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute1 on 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakey112 View Post
that was a great fight, it was like watching two cobras waiting to strike and I can't wait for the rematch. and if you think shogun doesn't have the striking prowess or know how to press the fight then I suggest you watch some pride shogun fights, specifically shogun vs rampage.
It's not necessary for me to watch that fight. Machida and Jackson are two different types of fighters. That's why Rua didn't look the same against those two. Perhaps, if a rematch were to happen, Rua can make the adjustments and execute better.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
1 on 1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhalf View Post
watched that one without audio (can't stand ufc commentators)... I gave it to Shogun..easy.
Oh I did, since I can't stand Joe Rogan, listening to him is like listening to an infomercial, if I didn't know any better, Rogan makes every fighter sound like superheros.

Back to the topic, I can see how someone can score that fight decisively for either fighter, but, I personally had a tough time, hardly any of those rounds were clear cut rounds.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,001,665,981,099,339.25
Total Points: 1,001,665,981,272,190.75
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Oh I did, since I can't stand Joe Rogan, listening to him is like listening to an infomercial, if I didn't know any better, Rogan makes every fighter sound like superheros.

Back to the topic, I can see how someone can score that fight decisively for either fighter, but, I personally had a tough time, hardly any of those rounds were clear cut rounds.

Your username reminds me of this...... "one on one... one on one."

2:54... listen to the story. lol

Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Rep Power: 104 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,602,787,645,075,168.00
Total Points: 215,602,787,645,255,872.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
Your username reminds me of this...... "one on one... one on one."

2:54... listen to the story. lol

He's an idiot and a racist.

Seriously lucky he didn't end up dead though if what he said was true.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 AM
1 on 1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
He's an idiot and a racist.

Seriously lucky he didn't end up dead though if what he said was true.
How did you come to that conclusion ??
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Rep Power: 104 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,602,787,645,075,168.00
Total Points: 215,602,787,645,255,872.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
How did you come to that conclusion ??
The way he talks about the people from Bali is pretty distastefull in my opinion. It`s pretty apparent that to him they are simply "the other." It`s a pretty typical sort of "middleclass bubble" viewpoint to see foreigners as something detatched from normal life, particularly those of poor countries. Nevermind the fact that those such people would likely stab him in the throat and dump him without a second thought, and may well have been playing nice with him to have not done so. To him though it was apparently all just a game.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:28 AM
1 on 1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
The way he talks about the people from Bali is pretty distastefull in my opinion. It`s pretty apparent that to him they are simply "the other." It`s a pretty typical sort of "middleclass bubble" viewpoint to see foreigners as something detatched from normal life, particularly those of poor countries. Nevermind the fact that those such people would likely stab him in the throat and dump him without a second thought, and may well have been playing nice with him to have not done so. To him though it was apparently all just a game.
Well, they did jump him. Of course there's gonna be some anger towards those people that jumped him. I see where you're coming from. But, can you really blame Urijah, I mean, they hit him with brass knuckles and bottles .

Urijah's image is that of a California frat boy, many don't know, but he hangs around alot minorities. Hell, one of his coaches is Thai.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Aldo handing it to him, hehe

Share This With Friends

Tags
finally, machida, tonight..., watch

User Tag List