What shot hurts you the most? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Freelancer
I'm all out of bubblegum

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 Freelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond reputeFreelancer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,955,467,060.09
Total Points: 19,955,542,413.19
Default What shot hurts you the most?

About 2 days ago I had a sparring session with a dude that has some amateur fights under his belt, bit youger than me, guy with a lot of potential and well, high hopes. I sometimes get myself outmached since I'm one of the 2 southpaws at my gym and from time to time some better boxers need to practice against leftys.

Of course I could of just said no, but what the hell, I went for it. Man oh man did I end up regreting it. So I'm thinking I'll be practicing my good ole routine, use my reach, keep him at bay and piss him off with the trusty jab, but mind defence a bit more since I knew this guy packs some power. My current stamina level couldn't compare to his so I said to myself, maybe do some counter punching also and try to keep a clear head.

That old Tyson line sure applied to me the *Everyone's got a plan untill they get hit* one. I couldn't really complain since the guy didn't go all out, diddn't turn the spar in a slugfest, he was just explosive, fast and precise, all in all, I got my ass handed to me.

What did the trick was a straight right bellow the ribs in the middle, close to the stomach. I had to put the knee down and call it a day. Of all shots taken that one gets me the most. After the spar I got to talk with the dude and he said he went about 70% of his power on that one. I ussualy don't mind gettin hit in the head since I ussualy go with the hooks and shoulderroll and I keep myself away from jabs and straight rights, but I hurt from bodyshots like hell. I get my ab workouts done and use the medicine ball but they still get me.

What's your least favourite shot to get hit with in a spar or match?

Last edited by Venoame; 04-14-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Righthandbanger
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,609.67

being short I mostly just get hit on the top of the head.. its my least favourite because it scores points and annoys the **** outta me.

..but a few guys I've sparred with say its the bodyshots that hurt the most
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 290 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,759,661,526.60
Total Points: 9,759,700,947.62
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

u said it TS the body..damnit it hurts spec when your body aint in tip top shape it needs to b in and honestly most amateurs are not in that shape yet...i actually have used a good clean shot to where your talken to shut down a bigger dude tryna kill me one day...now he had no skillz wich is worse he was jus throwen hay makers...i dropped under his jab hit him w a hard right to the ribs...and he went down...course after he gets up i hear " ahhh man this week i was benchen and dropped the bar on my chest thats y it hurt so bad" lol what an excuse....
Old 04-14-2010, 10:12 PM
luv4boxing84
Up and Comer

Total Points: 5,330.42

two days ago i took a wild haymaker to the back. Right in the kidney. Been pissing blood for days and my back is painful to the touch. Even hurts when my feet hit the ground to walk. lol
Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,001,665,981,099,339.25
Total Points: 1,001,665,981,272,182.75
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Body shots for sure.

I had a friend of mine a while back throw the most friendly looking left hook to my body and I felt literally felt it on the opposite side of my body, on the inside. It looked soft so I didn't block it but boy was I wrong, that did it for me that day.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 PM
AddiX
Banned

Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 AddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond reputeAddiX has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,227,149.39
quote notifications idea - -jose- Good talking boxing, from NSB to PSD! - LoadedWraps good poster - theBEASTwithin Racist poster - mrdogtown1975 one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Soon to be exiled. :) - Omowale Tribe 

A good shot to the liver, kidney, rib sucks.

Rib really hurts and the last thing you want to do is get hit in the same spot. The worst is when someone digs their knuckles under your bottom rib.

On the flip side, there is nothing better in boxing than hearing your opponent make that squeaking sound. If you heard it or did it before than you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 PM
ScottDBA
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,302.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

I got hit with a body shot that constantly hurt for a week and then hurt for another week when I would move a certain way like doing situps.

I guess it bruised my ribs or something.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Suckmedry
back and better than ever

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26 Suckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond reputeSuckmedry has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,084,730.34
Total Points: 10,005,809,702.58
one of the worst posters in the history of boxingscene - Freedom2014 Easily the worst member of NSB - Red Cyclone to make yourself look pretty for LacedUp - Weltschmerz sit on this, fanboy. then do your homework little piss ant - Weltschmerz suck it slut - Weltschmerz 
suck biatch - Rammstein pop some bottles m8 - sugarsmosley Calm down babe - dan_cov you are very stupid - Freedom2014 Good poster - jas 
Kick this racist! - Box-Office one of the very worst in boxingscene history - Freedom. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom2014 

Liver shot. Or solar plexus

Nose can sting like a ***** too.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:27 AM
FM3O
Contender

Rep Power: 8 FM3O has a spectacular aura aboutFM3O has a spectacular aura aboutFM3O has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 85,142.25

1) Left hook to the body for sure. I've been hit with some vicious ones that really ****ed up my day lol. Would much rather be hit in the face hard.

2) Getting hit hard enough in the nose to where the septum deviates, constant nosebleeds begin to occur, or bruising develops always sucks, mostly because the recovery is horrible and cannot always be correctly fixed if enough damage is done.

3) Getting hit with hard hook when my mouth open can make my ears feeling like liquid is coming out cause they hurt so bad. Those are no fun.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:24 AM
GoogleMe
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,819,397,290.58
Total Points: 34,819,411,633.69

I sure don't like when they hit my liver clean.

Share This With Friends

Tags
hurts, most?, shot

User Tag List