Does anybody else think Dana's comments were wrong? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Tuggers1986
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62 Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,995,358,018,102.35
Total Points: 1,002,025,388,201,644.12
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Default Does anybody else think Dana's comments were wrong?

This has been annoying me since Saturday. These guys are proffesional fighters not fcuking performers in Dana Whites little circus. They can do what the fcuk they want.

I'm not defending Silva's performance because I think he could and should have knocked Maia out but still, thats up to him. He's the one who gets in that cage and puts himself in harms way. Who the **** does Dana White think he is to ***** about it and say he is going to demote Silva to the untelevised preliminary fights?

Sounds like this power is going to his head. His company pays the guys but that doesn't make him god.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
the traveler
gone skygazing

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 the traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,293.42
Total Points: 5,302,498.70
Keep on the grind!, man...You get a Super E-gift! - abosworth 

I disagree with his comments. He is affecting the sport when he tries to dictate how a fight should go. Going up to someone's trainer and telling them to start engaging is wrong. A fight is all about strategy and each fighter should do what they feel they need to do to win.

It's similar to the hate that the San Antonio Spurs used to get.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
the traveler
gone skygazing

Rep Power: 15 the traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond reputethe traveler has a reputation beyond repute

It's a fight first, entertainment second. I pay to see real fights with real strategies,not some fake **** where guys fight a certain way because they think it will be more exciting to the fans.

It's gotten to a point where some guys wont go to the ground and will only stand and bang because they think fans don't like seeing ground fighting. So they bypass advantages and fight fake fights.

Wanderlei Silva is a guy that's known to fight for the fans. He wont do **** but stand and swing wildly. Look at what his failure to adjust during fights has done to him in recent history.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,001,665,981,099,339.25
Total Points: 1,001,665,981,272,067.62
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelfist View Post
It's a fight first, entertainment second. I pay to see real fights with real strategies,not some fake **** where guys fight a certain way because they think it will be more exciting to the fans.

It's gotten to a point where some guys wont go to the ground and will only stand and bang because they think fans don't like seeing ground fighting. So they bypass advantages and fight fake fights.

Wanderlei Silva is a guy that's known to fight for the fans. He wont do **** but stand and swing wildly. Look at what his failure to adjust during fights has done to him in recent history.

This is very true. Yushin Okami was 7-1(Franklin; L) in the UFC and still didn't get a title shot. So when Sonnen was made to fight him. Okami wasn't using his wrestling at all, that is what he is best at. So Okami loss because he was trying to please Dana and the fans.

Truth to this is after the fight, Okami went and trained with Sonnen. Sonnen said himself in an interview, "I never want to fight Okami again." after a training session with him. Testament that Okami wasn't fighting like himself.

I'm not bothered by Dana's words though. He can say what he wants but he will lose a ****load of money by making the MW champ fight undercards.

Silva is still a beast, he is so good, he has opponents beating themselves. He can just stand there and the opponent automatically psyches themselves out. Like some Tyson ****.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
the traveler
gone skygazing

The ufc is great, but I don't know how truely good it can become when you have such a hothead like Dana White. He's way too vocal and into things than a owner should be. I wish he'd leave the ufc.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 PM
the traveler
gone skygazing

It's a damn shame what has happened with Okami. He should have already fought for the title. Injuries and the such has prevented him from having the much needed rematch against Silva.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,001,665,981,099,339.25
Total Points: 1,001,665,981,272,067.62
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelfist View Post
It's a damn shame what has happened with Okami. He should have already fought for the title. Injuries and the such has prevented him from having the much needed rematch against Silva.
Yeah, I been real vocal about Okami getting a rematch with Silva. Even if Silva would be favored. Okami has done more than enough to get a shot at the title. 30 more secs and Franklin would have never won.

But it's for the best because look at Okami now. I love it.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Tuggers1986
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62 Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,995,358,018,102.35
Total Points: 1,002,025,388,201,644.12
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Theyve done so well with the UFC up to now but Dana is making it sound like he wants them to go back to UFC 1.

These guys are skilled, professional athletes not fcuking bar room brawlers. He needs to make up his fcuking mind as to what he wants the UFC to be, a professional sport or just a show like WWE
Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 114 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,115,582,221,560,571.00
Total Points: 4,115,585,922,762,444.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Yeah, Dana disgusted me more than usual on saturday. I don't know why Lorenzo put him in charge...

Share This With Friends

Tags
comments, dana's, wrong?

User Tag List