Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Giovanni18
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Giovanni18 will become famous soon enoughGiovanni18 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,597.73

yessir, you don't have to be from PR to respect Cotto...he's been reminding me of Tommy Hearns lately; a warrior, face-bloodied and swinging, but keeps coming up short in the big name fights. HOF? Not at this point, and even a win against Foreman doesn't put him much closer. ATG nope, fan favorite yes.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
deuce_drop
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 deuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_drop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,638,812,268,195.54
Total Points: 2,638,812,284,731.75
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ИATAS206 

cotto has grown on me as well, I wasn't a fan at first, all my friends were hyping him up back in the day, just like they did tito, and me always being a hopkins fan i was like, we'll have to wait and see what cotto is made of before i sign on as a fan. well, i have to say, i think after the torres fight i became a real cotto fan, although i always enjoyed all his fights leading up to the torres fight, dude is a beast and is a assest to the sport of boxing. he's great for the sport and so far is good for the image of boxing, he's a true warrior and a class act through and through.

with that being said, i'm now having a hard time rooting for cotto because of manny stweard. i like manny steward, but i think his training isnt suited for cotto. i seems that stewards training is only for guys 6'4" and above, with a pole jab. other than that, he's guys lately have been getting exposed, his up and coming guys. although cotto has a great jab, and has power with it, i think that stewards training and his strategy needs to be improved to where it has been well read and everyone knows what to expect.

i tihnk cotto should've signed up with someone else..........
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 59 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,176,362,264.91
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_drop View Post

with that being said, i'm now having a hard time rooting for cotto because of manny stweard. i like manny steward, but i think his training isnt suited for cotto. i seems that stewards training is only for guys 6'4" and above, with a pole jab. other than that, he's guys lately have been getting exposed, his up and coming guys. although cotto has a great jab, and has power with it, i think that stewards training and his strategy needs to be improved to where it has been well read and everyone knows what to expect.

i tihnk cotto should've signed up with someone else..........
i don't think the height factor will have anything to do with any succes or lack of. i mean, look at what he made hearns, than look at cintron. its all about the jab, and he's got a good one.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:17 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 248,449,664,125.44
Total Points: 450,449,882,387.75
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Big Cotto fan. And, without him, I never would have heard Jim Lampley say "a graphic display of honest manlove" on television. I don't think I've recovered from the injuries sustained during that laughing fit.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
piano man
ARACHNOPHOBIA

Rep Power: 0 piano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these partspiano man is infamous around these parts
Bank: 935,182.49
Total Points: 27,991,256.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanYeti View Post
Big Cotto fan. And, without him, I never would have heard Jim Lampley say "a graphic display of honest manlove" on television. I don't think I've recovered from the injuries sustained during that laughing fit.
Man that was one crazy moment i remember that i was laughing my ass off
Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
fallen9182
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 fallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these partsfallen9182 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,042,539.55

Always was and always will be a huge fan of Cotto.

He just has so much heart. He gets in the ring with the best and never has an excuse.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
swizz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 swizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond reputeswizz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,344,932.24
Total Points: 12,421,036.50
Great member, poster and friend! - jazluvr449 Congrats on your baby girl! - jazluvr449 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen9182 View Post
Always was and always will be a huge fan of Cotto.

He just has so much heart. He gets in the ring with the best and never has an excuse.
he fights everyone as a fan i love that
Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 PM
fireman_ek50
Contender

Rep Power: 6 fireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,639.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ceilings View Post
Hes a hall of famer though.
thats a maybe...

him beating foreman and claiming a belt in a 3rd division will tie him with Puerto Rico's most though (Tito Trinidad)...

that'll help him get that hall of fame vote for sure...

oh and it's controversial, but the WBO president did say pacquiao was the number 1 contender for the belt so cotto did have to put the title on the line...(which is why he said something like "i can only fight for this title at a catchweight of 145 lbs. and if i have to fight for my title at a catchweight of 143lbs, then i'm giving it up"...

so he did want that weight and we cant hate on pac for that either....i mean, sugar ray leonard got his light heavyweight belt at a catch weight of 168 lbs, compared to the usual of 175lbs., so give pac his dues, he's ATG and cotto has no shame for losing to pacmeng
Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Doctor_Tenma
Monster

Rep Power: 72 Doctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor_Tenma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,432,630,769,309.00
Total Points: 71,462,763,263,338.47
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dominicano Soy! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Toney Loc 

You take on two cheaters; you get my respect.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
fireman_ek50
Contender

Rep Power: 6 fireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,639.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
thats a maybe...

him beating foreman and claiming a belt in a 3rd division will tie him with Puerto Rico's most though (Tito Trinidad)...

that'll help him get that hall of fame vote for sure...

oh and it's controversial, but the WBO president did say pacquiao was the number 1 contender for the belt so cotto did have to put the title on the line...(which is why he said something like "i can only fight for this title at a catchweight of 145 lbs. and if i have to fight for my title at a catchweight of 143lbs, then i'm giving it up"...

so he did want that weight and we cant hate on pac for that either....i mean, sugar ray leonard got his light heavyweight belt at a catch weight of 168 lbs, compared to the usual of 175lbs., so give pac his dues, he's ATG and cotto has no shame for losing to pacmeng
in regards to that hall of fame status though?

that's why im rooting for cotto big time in this fight and i'm really excited that he got steward in there....

and you definitely right when saying "it's hard NOT to root for cotto"...

dude is a come forward, all action type of fighter....isnt all brawl and has tons of boxing skills...

FEARLESS - COTTO!!!