Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Devils Advocate
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Devils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,577,779,071.39
Total Points: 89,912,813,512.30
thanks for the stream - Spray_resistant No Message - Devils Advocate 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Devils Advocate World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Devils Advocate 
Default Prime Roy Jones Jr= Neo from the Matrix

In his prime many wanted to be just like Roy, even sound like him. I for one thought Mayweather and Mosley would be able to do some of the things Roy was capable of as they moved up in weight but that was the youth in me then. Too even think that anyone can ever do what Roy could I guess is just wishful thinking. The speed and reflexes Jones had for his weight and height is what I believe makes his so special. I even thought that Andre Ward would be able to but HBO quickly threw him under the bus and even Larry Merchant said he needed to find his own identity b/c he can't do what Roy Jones Jr can. Some experts say Roy should have fought Dariusz Michalczewski and Joe Calzaghe while in his prime but for what, everybody all over the world knew who Roy Jones Jr. was and is but never in the states can you then or can you now show a picture of Calzaghe and Michalczewski and get anybody except the people on this board lol. If they really wanted to fight the legend in his prime they would have campaigned for it the way Ricky Hatton called out Floyd Mayweather the same way Paul Williams called out Margarito instead of blowing smoke. I hope Roy will now retire b/c it was difficult watching him fight last week, he still makes his classic reflex noise that followed blistering combinations in the past but are now are just faints and fumes but no substance or even a punch. Bernard may have got the victory last weekend but the real victory was Roy proving he wasn't going to let Bernard make him look bad and I hope that was enough for him to call it a career in the most unforgiving sport ever.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,166,452,751,405.98
Total Points: 3,443,453,074,443.42
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

It is very sad that people coming to boxing the last 5-8 years probably don't have a real understanding of just how special Roy Jones Jr. was, and judge him based on the version we see now.

In his prime, at 160 and 168, it is very arguable NO ONE could beat Roy Jones, not decisively. He was that freakishly athletic and that good at using it. Possibly the most physically gifted fighter the sport has ever seen.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Devils Advocate
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Devils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Devils Advocate World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Devils Advocate 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
It is very sad that people coming to boxing the last 5-8 years probably don't have a real understanding of just how special Roy Jones Jr. was, and judge him based on the version we see now.

In his prime, at 160 and 168, it is very arguable NO ONE could beat Roy Jones, not decisively. He was that freakishly athletic and that good at using it. Possibly the most physically gifted fighter the sport has ever seen.
thats why I had to write what I did, it's hard to believe it's been 13 years since Roy came out with RedMan and Method Man. I mean it was 17 years since he won his first title at middleweight, I was 11 years old and now I'm 28 years old and I got some of that platinum ice (gray hairs) on my head so in essence nothing last forever and it's hard to let go and fear being forgotten.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Devils Advocate
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Im glad you understand, alot of people are 2 young to remember Roy's ridiculous talents
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Pele..Rjj..23
Jones Jr..59/54/40/5

Rep Power: 10 Pele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond reputePele..Rjj..23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,385.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil82 View Post
In his prime many wanted to be just like Roy, even sound like him. I for one thought Mayweather and Mosley would be able to do some of the things Roy was capable of as they moved up in weight but that was the youth in me then. Too even think that anyone can ever do what Roy could I guess is just wishful thinking. The speed and reflexes Jones had for his weight and height is what I believe makes his so special. I even thought that Andre Ward would be able to but HBO quickly threw him under the bus and even Larry Merchant said he needed to find his own identity b/c he can't do what Roy Jones Jr can. Some experts say Roy should have fought Dariusz Michalczewski and Joe Calzaghe while in his prime but for what, everybody all over the world knew who Roy Jones Jr. was and is but never in the states can you then or can you now show a picture of Calzaghe and Michalczewski and get anybody except the people on this board lol. If they really wanted to fight the legend in his prime they would have campaigned for it the way Ricky Hatton called out Floyd Mayweather the same way Paul Williams called out Margarito instead of blowing smoke. I hope Roy will now retire b/c it was difficult watching him fight last week, he still makes his classic reflex noise that followed blistering combinations in the past but are now are just faints and fumes but no substance or even a punch. Bernard may have got the victory last weekend but the real victory was Roy proving he wasn't going to let Bernard make him look bad and I hope that was enough for him to call it a career in the most unforgiving sport ever.
Very well written..i 100% with everything you said there nice one bro..
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 AM
flexxx145
Banned

Rep Power: 0 flexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these partsflexxx145 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 92,053.04
Total Points: 129,609.48

I wanted RJJ to retire years ago. It's sad but I think he did irreparable damage to his legacy and image.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
True Guru
Banned

Rep Power: 0 True Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond reputeTrue Guru has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 835,592.20
Top Quality Poster - Carnivore nice work clark - British Pride 

It was easy looking great against 100-1 shot bums though wasnt it?
All his mandatories were a joke who didnt belong in the same ring as him,nobody knew who the **** they were lol
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,140,931,338.57
Total Points: 109,372,128,367.01
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 

he was a beast with a great resume, absolutley destroyed top contenders
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
SmartyBeardo
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 SmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these partsSmartyBeardo is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 4,540.25

RJJ was a great and entertaining fighter. Now he is just another in a long line of boxing trajedies.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,102,776,111,660.88
Total Points: 100,105,941,597,984.55
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant man View Post
It was easy looking great against 100-1 shot bums though wasnt it?
All his mandatories were a joke who didnt belong in the same ring as him,nobody knew who the **** they were lol
Yeah, that's usually the case with mandatories.