Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who is More Exciting To Watch??
Muhammad Ali 166 86.46%
Wladimir Klitschko 26 13.54%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
HitmanHattonAY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 HitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond reputeHitmanHattonAY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,240,358,230.46
Total Points: 114,240,380,716.88
No Message - siablo14 WAR CARROLL!! - dj emz 

Ali is better !!

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
T3dBundy
Undisputed Champion

Bank: 6,370.90
Total Points: 1,001,363,262.00

sonny liston was anything but a bum, if liston was a bum, what are those fighters today?
nobody would overcome listons incredible reach in todays heavyweight boxing, vitali is the only one who has a decent chance.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Steelhammer2011
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Steelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,304.92
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Carnivore 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rossa View Post
I don't know.

But Wlad would knock Muhammad Ali back into Cassius Clay.
Quote:
And btw, Tunney's critique of Ali is masterful.

People get taken in by Ali's mouth and his anti war stance, which is all good and well, but if you actually sit down and watch his fights, you will be bored to death by the lack of power and activity.

He was overly defensive, ran too much, held a lot and couldn't punch for dick.

Sonny Liston was a bum, George Foreman was a big dumb mummy the first time they fought, and Joe Frazier was a damn 1 handed fighting midget.

Ali would get ****ing decapitated by either Klitschko.

By the 5th round, (if he made it that far) he'd be wishing he was fighting V.C in North Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTE View Post
Good post!

Wladimir Klitschko (48 KOs in 54 wins) gets my vote!
Quote:
Excellent post.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.

All of the jealous bitter racists, ******s, xenophobic americans, etc on this forum can go fuck themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
- Wlad has had 20 KOs in the first eight rounds during the past 11 years, early 1999 to early 2010: Austin, Brock, Byrd, Brewster, Mercer, Moli, Castillo, Bostice, etc. Ali had 7 KOs in the first eight rounds during the last 11 years of his boxing career 1970-1981.

- Wlad had 11 KOs in the first 5 rounds during the past 11 years. Ali had NONE during his last 11 years.
Quote:
Ali mostly only KOed journeymen like Richard Dunn and Juergen Blin, or shot fighters like the ancient Archie Moore and 1972 version of the chinny Floyd Patterson.

Pretty much all the decent opponents went the distance or nearly the distance with him, except for George Foreman who gassed in the heat of Zaire, and Sonny Liston who took a dive.
Quote:
KO Ratio:

Wladimir Klitschko: 85%
Muhammed Ali: 60%

Wow - this is my 24,000th post on boxingscene!
Great Posts!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Boxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,846,399,798.21
Total Points: 55,906,867,913.86

Quote:
And btw, Tunney's critique of Ali is masterful.

People get taken in by Ali's mouth and his anti war stance, which is all good and well, but if you actually sit down and watch his fights, you will be bored to death by the lack of power and activity.

He was overly defensive, ran too much, held a lot and couldn't punch for dick.

Sonny Liston was a bum, George Foreman was a big dumb mummy the first time they fought, and Joe Frazier was a damn 1 handed fighting midget.

Ali would get ****ing decapitated by either Klitschko.

By the 5th round, (if he made it that far) he'd be wishing he was fighting V.C in North Vietnam.

Tunney is known to be very bias towards European boxers, I would take what he says with a grain of salt. Wladimir has never fought a boxer in the caliber of Muhammad Ali, his speed was extrand one of the most SKILLED boxers in HW history. If you honestly think Wladimir can beat Ali like he beat Tony Thompson, Brock, or any of those C level boxers then you guy's have no idea what you are talking about.

Ali vs Wladimir, Ali by 10th round TKO, too much speed, and too mucb boxing ability.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,455.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatles View Post
I sincerely hope, that in the Sanders fight, you paid close attention to the first KD, and saw how Sanders`head split-second followed his left glove. Without his head, Klitschko wouldn`t have gone down, and would have been woken up to the danger Sanders carried.

In fact, as I recall, there were at least 2 butts, and I`m not saying that K would have been able to win, but the butts were basically the whole fight..
Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Boxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ali mostly only KOed journeymen like Richard Dunn and Juergen Blin, or shot fighters like the ancient Archie Moore and 1972 version of the chinny Floyd Patterson.

Pretty much all the decent opponents went the distance or nearly the distance with him, except for George Foreman who gassed in the heat of Zaire, and Sonny Liston who took a dive.
Ali beat HOF boxers such as

Sonny Liston
Floyd Patterson
Joe Fraizer
George Foreman
Ken Norton

and good boxers such as
Oscar Bonavena
Ron Lyle
Jimmy Young
Earner Shavers

Who the f**K Wladimir beat that's in comparison to Ali's opponents?

Sultan Ibgraimov, Ray Mercer, Calvin Brock, Tony Thompson, Samuel Peter, Hasim Rahman? Get your bias European **** out of here.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi-Dro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Hi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 905,003.55
Total Points: 1,320,937,221.42
E-Gift - ??? t - Wangler Jr burner is dumb - Red October lifestyle WANG - ADDICT No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Round 1 BURRRR 2 THA HURRRRB! - Bloody$Nate$ mah nikka up in hurrrrr x - I ♥ RVP no bottles :( so this is for my nikka up in hurrr :D - I ♥ RVP it's a leaf and it's green. Use your imagination. :) - I ♥ RVP 
award for prettiest poster. &lt;3 - I ♥ RVP Have an apple :D - I ♥ RVP because  I can! - I ♥ RVP Happy Thursday! - I ♥ RVP hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - I ♥ RVP 
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! it's over thurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - *Boss Lady* For your dro - led For being the ugliest poster up in hurrrr - Cleto_Reyes 13k post medal! - Flab Happy Easter Dro, I hope all is well with you :kiss: - Bossy 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ??? World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Red October Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO 

this is a no brainer

ali
Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
KO Ratio:

Wladimir Klitschko: 85%
Muhammed Ali: 60%

Wow - this is my 24,000th post on boxingscene!
Yet most boxing fans consider Wladimir boring despite his high KO ratio, I wonder why?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Excellent post.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.

All of the jealous bitter racists, ******s, xenophobic americans, etc on this forum can go fuck themselves.

If you think Ali, Louis, Tyson, Holmes, and Marciano are on the level of guy's like Ibragmiov, Byrd, or Brock, then you have no idea what you are talking about.

The ATG's in the past would the knock the Klitschko's out like cutting down a lumbering tree. The Klitschko's are not unbeatable, they have their weaknesses, they just haven't fought someone who as skilled and big as they are.

Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Freedom2014
Slayer of Theokoles

Rep Power: 252 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,977,561,875,351,736.00
Total Points: 42,977,561,875,549,296.00
Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 For the Beatle info! - led* Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust 
Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led Great poster. - PainfromUkraine elite poster - A-Wolf For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz Thanks - Weltz One of the best members in boxingscene - Red Cyclone Thsnks - Scott.Weiland 
No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland Right on, I appreciate that - Boxing Goat For rennouncing your faith in Wladimir Klitschko. Good Job. Welcome to the Wilder side of things. Welcome to team Wilder. Bommmmmmb Squaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd - BrushMyHair To my fellow Beatle-maniac - led 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
I sincerely hope, that in the Sanders fight, you paid close attention to the first KD, and saw how Sanders`head split-second followed his left glove. Without his head, Klitschko wouldn`t have gone down, and would have been woken up to the danger Sanders carried.

In fact, as I recall, there were at least 2 butts, and I`m not saying that K would have been able to win, but the butts were basically the whole fight..
Yes. That initial head butt was the key to the Sanders win.

It was the butt not the punch that badly hurt Wlad and sent him down the first time, and he was dazed and vulnerable from that point on.