Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: (Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?
Yes, In His Prime Roy Jones Jr Was Unbeatable 53 49.07%
No, Even In His Prime Roy Was Beatable 55 50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM
TysonJones3
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,834.59

My opinion on this. Jones is one of the few fighters that never lost a fight in his physical and mental prime. As far as I'm concerned, when he beat antonio tarver to regain the lhw championship he was unoffically 50-0 breaking marciano's record. Officially he was 49-1, I believe due to the dq. Everyones beatable but I think theres an argument for 2 fighters in their prime that were unbeatable, and thats mike tyson and roy jones and it would have took a mike tyson to beat jones and a jones to beat tyson if the weights were relevant. Just by 2 cents. Jones was the most amazing athlete I have ever seen with possibly the most god given talent of any athlete of all time. He was simply amazing to watch in his prime. And yes, I'm biased, who isn't....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc19titles View Post
no, he was a sensational boxer but in my opinion a bit over hyped by the media due to him being american. Also for one reasons or another a lot of top boxing fights did not get made with him
Reason being no one wanted to fight him. I rank James Toney over every fighter people claim he ducked, yet he dominated a 44-0 james toney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike Phats View Post
I thought he was phenomenal, and would have given most any MW fighter EVER, a tough time.
I believe he defeats SRR at middleweight. He was faster, stronger, and had better foot movement. Plus back then, roy could take anyones best shot when he had too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
Jones was an exceptional fighter that would of could of beaten almost anyone but i think if he had fought as many top fighters as some of the ATG's do/did on a more consistent basis that sooner or later someone would of caught up to him, Montell Griffin gave him enough problems in their fight, Del Valle had him over and we know what Tarver did, albeit he can be excused slightly for that due to age, so no i dont think he was unbeatable.
Jones dominated DelValle every round. The kd was jones left foot slipping out from under him due to a wet canvas that both fighters battled all night, watch the fight. Tarver got beat by a drained jones, and that was about the last of jones physical prime. Griffin did give him problems but look what happened in the rematch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano79us View Post
Jones only looked unbeatable based on the comp he faced.
James Toney, 44-0, enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wire View Post
Roy did look good beating up bums didn't he....
Most of those "bum" went on to become world champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guru_ View Post
Jones was never unbeatable, Montiel Griffin was giving him hell in the first fight and Griffin is hardly a ****in elite level fighter.
That debatable. Griffin has beat James Toney twice, and was undefeated until jones ruined him in their rematch. I'd say he was elite. You don't defeat a prime james toney unless your elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
A lot of Euro's at the time(Roy's prime) were well worthy of a fight with Roy. I could make a list as long as my arm.
Yes you could, sadly they didn't want the fight. Many are on record saying they didn't want to fight jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You're joking right?
Maybe need to fresh up on your boxing history, its well known.

Quote:
Eubank sonned Malinga.
Sd is sonning? And yes I've seen the fight? What Jones did to Malinga was a sonning.

Quote:
You should watch the fight first before saying ****e that like. He didn't 'ek' out anything.

I don't care for Robin Ried so fuck knows why you brought him up?
Let me guess, you dont care for RR because he unofficially beat Calzaghe? Thought so.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 533 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 503,744,637,556,462.06
Total Points: 503,744,637,696,637.50
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
When was Nunn the mandatory?

How did he lose his ranking?

Or did he never lose it?

Was Nunn ever given the chance to fight for the LHW title?

Simple questions, Battling.
Why don't you educate us all since you know it all?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Lead Cenobite
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Lead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 20,113,224.52
you tit! - Sir TomJones kick this racist troll - Freedom. Calzaghe haters are classless - Freedom. Racist Phaggot - Earl Hickey racist felon - thuggery 
I can't get over Joe Calzaghe being aweseome :'( - SirTomJones I can't get over Joe Calzaghe being aweseome :'( - SirTomJones Joe Calzaghe bummed you - Earl Hickey joe literally owns your life - thuggery 

Quote:
1998, anyone who thought roy would beat calzaghe was insane. Both fans are deluded as you have proved (no offence) but everyone knows roy as shot to peices and calzaghe was still a top boxer

oh and the other guy, yes he did almost bankrupt hbo, check when he signed the contract and how much money he got, they lost money on almost every fight. kinda like how harrison killed boxing in uk
Uh even if they lost money how would they have been bankrupted?

And Jones did avoid Jirov for Woods. Oh boy I'm soooo deluded. Go back to sucking off the British press.

You have yet to even backtrack on your PPV or Maligna mistake.

On top of that let's be honest, you just didn't know American fighters back then and bought up all the hype the UK press fed you. Correct?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
BattlingNelson
Battet

Rep Power: 533 BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 503,744,637,556,462.06
Total Points: 503,744,637,696,637.50
Congrats... - Spacey1991 stole your gif I liked it too much Bat sorry... - LEFTYGUNZZ my heart beats for Kessler!! - cleaner147 congats on 15,000 posts, you're one of the best !! - JAB5239 good luck in the league, you'll need it :) - El Mustang 
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Jones definitely ducked Jirov for Clinton Woods. The money was larger for Jirov and it wasn't like the audience would be any different. Battling Nelson just doesn't know what he's talking about so he'd rather hide his lack of knowledge behind vague statements he can't back up.
You're a retard. You perfectly well know that I've made a list of fighters Jones did not fight at SMW.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
lfc19titles
Gf you tried

Rep Power: 18 lfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond reputelfc19titles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 172,501,387,125,801.84
Total Points: 172,501,387,199,515.53
King Kenny = Superman. YNWA - £-4-£ for a good poster - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

Quote:
Please. Please stop.
this time i actually am going but saying stuff like that doesnt change the truth mate
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Lead Cenobite
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Lead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these partsLead Cenobite is infamous around these parts
you tit! - Sir TomJones kick this racist troll - Freedom. Calzaghe haters are classless - Freedom. Racist Phaggot - Earl Hickey racist felon - thuggery 
I can't get over Joe Calzaghe being aweseome :'( - SirTomJones I can't get over Joe Calzaghe being aweseome :'( - SirTomJones Joe Calzaghe bummed you - Earl Hickey joe literally owns your life - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
What's your degree in? Basket weaving?

Basic Logic: YOU made a statement: Roy ducked Nunn.

Now YOU have to back it up with facts and proof.

You can't just go "well you explain it know it all nyah nyah" like a four year old. You made a statement, now back it up.

Pretty simple.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Junito-Rulez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Junito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond reputeJunito-Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,181,257.62
Total Points: 1,378,470.65
good poster - shobox good poster with a good attitude. - DiLLiNGER merry christmas!!! - shobox Merry Xmas - mangler An apple a day keeps zionist scum away. - Stone Roses! 
Scarface - Stones! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Gay and Lesbian Pride - Tom Jones 

No he got knocked down in one of his fights.
Lead Cenobite
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
this time i actually am going but saying stuff like that doesnt change the truth mate
Don't answer any real questions just run off just like your buddy Calzaghe. LOL.
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,179,192,266,334.19
Total Points: 98,182,357,752,091.14
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Stop trying to be a wuss. You said he avoided him but now don't know sh*t. Not that I was ever fooled.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,179,192,266,334.19
Total Points: 98,182,357,752,091.14
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote: