Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Spartan Chino
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,932.29
Post Mega Men Sport Multivitamin

hi i bought this at gnc and thought it was just a multivitamin but after i bought it (and lost the receipt) i found it featured a creatine precursor blend that supports the body's natural production of creatine. I dont want to gain any weight from this so should i take this back or buy a regular multivitamin?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Skuzzles
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 5 Skuzzles is a jewel in the roughSkuzzles is a jewel in the roughSkuzzles is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 3,999.34
Total Points: 14,064.93

I don't think you should be too worried. I take these and I haven't seen any weight gain. They smell sort of like chocolate though.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,111,443.76

I dont think its anything to be worried about. But I also dont think its likely to be much better than the cheapest of multivitamins so I wouldnt pay extra for it either.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Rep Power: 16 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,134,200.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

The Creatine blend if remember correctly is only 150mg.

To gain weight from creatine you'd need to be taking at least 5 grams.

Plus creatine is just a combination of two amino acids. It's not going to do anything. Don't worry about it.

Plus you can return products to GNC without a receipt as long as it's GNC brand, so if you are that worried about it, then return it.

But really, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Spartan Chino
Up and Comer

Thanks guys i was actually pretty worried anyone else with thoughts??
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Rep Power: 16 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Chino View Post
Thanks guys i was actually pretty worried anyone else with thoughts??
If you are looking for a better multi. I'd check these out

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nw/al.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cl...angetriad.html

The Mega Mens Sport isn't a bad multi-vitamin, you get what you pay for.

But there is better stuff out there.

Again though, like I said, you have nothing to worry about with a 150mg creatine blend. You won't gain an ounce of weight from a multivitamin. All that creatine blend does is keep your body's natural levels of creatine stable. Nothing more.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.

Rep Power: 29 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,210,916,794.07
Total Points: 30,211,013,367.10
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy 

it might assist with recovery but your not going to gain mass because of it.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shen View Post
it might assist with recovery but your not going to gain mass because of it.
It's even enough to have an impact on recovery.

A normal dose of creatine is 5 grams or 5000mg.

1 dose of Mega Mens Sport is 150mg. You'd have to take half the bottle for any kind of effect like recovery or weight gain.

And if you did that you'd probably die from excessive consumption of a vitamin before you gained any weight. LOL
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Spartan Chino
Up and Comer

is there any other good multivitamins in gnc that are better
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Chino View Post
is there any other good multivitamins in gnc that are better
At GNC, probably not. I'd find a Vitamin Shoppe they have a better selection overall than GNC and their prices are a lot lower.