Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
View Poll Results: Who do you think should be ranked higher?
Roy Jones 34 72.34%
Lennox Lewis 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 03-26-2010, 03:57 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,283,478,142.55
Total Points: 2,293,712,796.10
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
I don't think you understand the concept of p4p at all. RJJ was never supposed to be Heavyweight Champion. Lewis on the other hand, Mr. Super Heavyweight, was supposed to beat everyone he faced, and the first god damn time around at that. His two losses easily disqualify him from giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Not sure if this directed at me, but my concept of P4P is how many other P4P greats a fighter has on his resume.. In which case, it's 2-1 to Jones, as I'd say victories over Hopkins and Toney outweigh a draw and a win over Holyfield..
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Shazam!
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,783.21

At the time Lewis fought and defeated them them, David Tua (peak), Vitali Klitschko (peak), Andrew Golota (peak), Ray Mercer, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, and Razor Ruddock all had strong resumes.

EDIT: There's also an argument for Michael Grant to be put in that list. Before he fought Lewis he had earned respectable victories over a string of good fighters such as Lionel Butler, Lou Savarese, Corrie Sanders and Andrew Golota. He was heavily hyped going in to the Lewis match and many people thought his 6'7 height and 86' reach could give Lewis problems.

Last edited by Shazam!; 03-26-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
At the time Lewis fought and defeated them them, David Tua (peak), Vitali Klitschko (peak), Andrew Golota (peak), Ray Mercer, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, and Razor Ruddock all had strong resumes.

EDIT: There's also an argument for Michael Grant to be put in that list. Before he fought Lewis he had earned respectable victories over a string of good fighters such as Lionel Butler, Lou Savarese, Corrie Sanders and Andrew Golota. He was heavily hyped going in to the Lewis match and many people thought his 6'7 height and 86' reach could give Lewis problems.
You mean Corey 'T-Rex' Sanders.. A 350lb US journeyman..
Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Shazam!
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,783.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
You mean Corey 'T-Rex' Sanders.. A 350lb US journeyman..
Sorry, yeah you're right. It wasn't the South African Corrie Sanders. Big difference!

I remember there were pretty high expectations of Grant around that time though.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
Sorry, yeah you're right. It wasn't the South African Corrie Sanders. Big difference!

I remember there were pretty high expectations of Grant around that time though.
Grant was in the top 10 and wasn't being considered by anyone else, which probably had something to do with him steamrollering all over his previous 20 odd opponents.. I believe he'd even made the cover of Ring Magazine and no one was in a rush to fight a 6'7" puncher.. Like you, I give Lewis credit for taking the fight and exposing him in style..
Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,606,425,310,152.74
Total Points: 5,883,425,667,976.41
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

The bad end to Roy Jones's career does not wipe out everything he did before his fall. He did more and was easily p4p a better fighter than Lennox Lewis.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,890,421,382.91
Total Points: 93,978,275,649.27
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

roy jones ranks higher than lewis

RJJ could rank even higher in higher in my ATG list if he had made a few better decisions in his career and taken different fights
Old 03-26-2010, 01:49 PM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 167.80
Total Points: 213,798.78
your the man - project xxx1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
Good posts from Shazam..

It's quite obvious from my perspective, Hellboy's overrating is equally as bad as Sonnyboy's underrating of Lewis.. We can all be guilty of letting our hearts rule our heads, and this thread is a typical example..
I don't think Sonny's been excluded.. He knows he only has to sit back to prove his point on this one, as it was an open challenge for Hellboy to post this poll..
Unfortunately for Hellboy, he's fallen for it.. As much as I disagree with Sonny on his reckless overrating of underdogs, I'm afraid he's spot on with this one..
Lewis is by far the better heavyweight, but P4P Jones ranks higher..
However, Hellboy does have a very good argument when it comes to Jones's ducks..
McClellan, Benn, Jackson, Collins, Eubank, Kessler were all avoided by Jones..
Kessler? Benn? you have any info to back this up?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM
General Zod
Banned

Rep Power: 0 General Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Zod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
Why hasn't Sonnyboy responded to this thread? Did you block him? Is it because it hurts you and Shazam! when you hear the first hand truth of Lennox Lewis' career?
Sonnybox is delusional and I responded to one of his posts already. I have proved him wrong again and again, but he keeps on going on with the same old story, its boring debating with him.
Quote:
Why don't you just start a Lennox Lewis fan site and only allow people who love him as much as you to post and you can all have a Lewis orgy.
If you dont like the thread topic why dont stay out of it instead. Or why dont you start a thread about a certain fighter who career started in 86 and was washed up by 88.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
General Zod
Banned

Quote:
I'm tired of rehashing the same old argument with you and your boyfriend Shazam!. Holyfield, regardless of how great he was capable of performing in his condition, was for the most part a sliding fighter but was still capable of having historical nights. Just shows how good he was. .
So was it a good win or not according to you?

Quote:
Tyson was a bum in 2002 (and still took the great Lennox 8 rounds),.
Thats because he chose to be one, you notice I said past prime, right?
Quote:
and the only reason anybody knew who McCall was is because he upset Lewis, so for Lewis to beat him, like he should have the first time, is not a glorious win, regardless of what your deluded mind may tell you. Morrison who? Give me a break, man.
Did I say it was a glorious win?
Quote:
Jones accomplished more than many fighters could ever dream of, and for you to compare underachiever of the century, over rated, bum beater, contender ducking Lewis.
Instead of stating this like its a fact, why dont you present your arguement instead? You do have one, right?
Quote:
to the great Roy Jones Jr tells me and everybody here that you're just a delusional fanboy who has no idea what he's talking about, who would rather defend his favorite fighter until death than face reality.
lol at this, your getting upset because I favour another fighter over Jones? lol
Quote:
Here's an idea. Next time you're horny for Lewis, don't come to this site and post, just go to the bathroom and rub one out.

Once you get all your lust for Lennox out, you will be able to think with a more clear head - the one on your shoulders, not the one in your pants.
Personal insults because I dont rate your favourite fighter? How old are you, 10 years old?