Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Southpaw16BF

Rep Power: 14 Southpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw16BF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,495.60
Total Points: 744,783.33
Default Frank Bruno

What are your thoughts on him and his legacy?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 162,798,128,215,346.38
Total Points: 162,798,128,216,972.12
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Good solid fighter, just not good enough to be a champion. Dynamite power but a bit clumsy delivering it which cost him big against top opponents. Tended to fade late and froze when hurt and stopped defending himself. One of my favorites. I have most of his fights on DVD.

Poet
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,252,362,816,766.53
Total Points: 2,252,860,879,245.85
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 

He's a British fighter I could enjoy. Solid fighter but seemed to fade fairly early.

I thought he was going to KO Tyson in their first meeting, he was definitely winning some rounds then he just fell apart.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
He's a British fighter I could enjoy. Solid fighter but seemed to fade fairly early.

I thought he was going to KO Tyson in their first meeting, he was definitely winning some rounds then he just fell apart.
When Tyson landed the uppercut Bruno froze: It was always his downfall.

Poet
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
When Tyson landed the uppercut Bruno froze: It was always his downfall.

Poet
Which round?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:
Which round?
The 5th. Tyson went to the body which Bruno absorbed ok but it brought his hands down and Tyson laid the uppercut in. Bruno froze and Tyson poured the punched on for the TKO.

Poet
Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 AM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
The 5th. Tyson went to the body which Bruno absorbed ok but it brought his hands down and Tyson laid the uppercut in. Bruno froze and Tyson poured the punched on for the TKO.

Poet
Ah, yeah that was the finish. I just watched it again and the turning point, to me, was the left hook with 1:15 to go in the round. Bruno was toast after it landed. He was on the ropes 30 seconds later and the fight was over shortly after.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
1SILVA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 191,754.87
Great job on my assignment. Here's another book for your collection. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOX2008 View Post
What are your thoughts on him and his legacy?
One dimensional fighter who had tremendous power but choked in nearly all of his biggest fights-Tyson(2), Witherspoon, Smith and Lewis. Did fight better than his talent suggested he should. A C rated heavyweight
Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:
Ah, yeah that was the finish. I just watched it again and the turning point, to me, was the left hook with 1:15 to go in the round. Bruno was toast after it landed. He was on the ropes 30 seconds later and the fight was over shortly after.
Once Bruno was hurt he completely forgot how to defend himself. The same thing happend against Witherspoon. You don't freeze against an offensive machine like Tyson.

Poet
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SILVA View Post
One dimensional fighter who had tremendous power but choked in nearly all of his biggest fights-Tyson(2), Witherspoon, Smith and Lewis. Did fight better than his talent suggested he should. A C rated heavyweight
I'm a bit more charitable and rate him a B- but my grading system may be a bit different from yours

Poet