Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Latino Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
El Protagonista
Banned

Rep Power: 0 El Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 208,057.02
Total Points: 877,981.75
Be Joyful - Gift Giver have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Default Puerto Rican Birth Certificates Invalid After July 1

Quote:
Native Puerto Ricans living outside the island territory are reacting with surprise and confusion after learning their birth certificates will become no good this summer.

A law enacted by Puerto Rico in December mainly to combat identity theft invalidates as of July 1 all previously issued Puerto Rican birth certificates. That means more than a third of the 4.1 million people of Puerto Rican descent living in the 50 states must arrange to get new certificates.

The change catches many unaware.

Julissa Flores, 33, of Orlando, Fla., said she knew nothing about Puerto Rico's law.

"I was planning a trip and now I don't know," she said. "Do I need to go get a passport? If my birth certificate is invalid, am I stuck here?"

People born in Puerto Rico, a U.S. commonwealth, are U.S. citizens at birth. Anyone using a stolen Puerto Rico birth certificate could enter and move about the U.S. more easily, which could also pose security problems.

Puerto Rico's legislature passed the law after raids last March broke up a criminal ring that had stolen thousands of birth certificates and other identifying documents from several different schools in Puerto Rico.

Puerto Ricans on average get about 20 copies of their birth certificates over their lifetimes, said Kenneth McClintock Hernandez, the commonwealth's secretary of state.

This is because they are regularly asked to produce them for such events as enrolling children in school or joining sports leagues. Schools and other institutions have typically kept copies, a practice prohibited under the new law since January, McClintock said.

As much as 40 percent of the identity fraud in the U.S. involves birth certificates from Puerto Rico, McClintock said he was told by the State Department.

"It's a problem that's been growing and as the need in the black market for birth certificates with Hispanic-sounding names grew, the black market value of Puerto Rican birth certificates has gone into the $5,000 to $10,000 range," McClintock said.

Thus far, there seems to be little effort by the U.S. or Puerto Rican governments to educate the 1.5 million people born in Puerto Rico and living on the mainland about the new law.

Rep. Jose Serrano, D-Bronx, has been getting a steady stream of calls about the law at his district office. Serrano ***8212; who must replace his birth certificate, too ***8212; said he is trying to provide answers without triggering a panic.

"No one has thought about what effect this could have, if any, on those of us born in Puerto Rico who now reside in the 50 states," Serrano said.

McClintock said a news conference held in Puerto Rico in December did not draw national media attention he hoped would spread the word. He noted there is no deadline for getting a new birth certificate. After July 1, the government will issue a temporary, 15-day certificate for those who need a birth certificate in an emergency.

The State and Homeland Security departments are deciding what to do for passport applicants with invalid birth certificates, State Department spokeswoman Adriana Gallegos said.

For now, Puerto Ricans are learning about the law from each other, news reports and community groups. The information isn't always correct.

Carlos Vargas-Ramos, a researcher at the Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College in New York, said he found out about the new law through an e-mail from a Latino public policy group.

"You have to be plugged into networks to learn about it," said Vargas-Ramos, whose father and sisters were born on the island.

Conchita Vallecillo, 66, of Fairfax, Va., read about the new law in a Puerto Rico newspaper. She thought her age exempted her. "I didn't think we would be affected, so it's one of those things that you don't pay attention to," said Vallecillo, whose husband and four children also were born in Puerto Rico.

There is no exemption for age. The law only waives the $5 fee for a new birth certificate for people over 60 and for veterans.

Emilio Perez, president of the Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida, traveled to Puerto Rico to gather his own information on the new law. He planned to post the information on the chamber's Web site to help get information out.

About 47 percent of people of Puerto Rican descent in Florida, or 377,000 people, and 29 percent, or 318,000, in New York ***8212; states with the largest Puerto Rican populations ***8212; were born on the island.

For more information, go to the Puerto Rican government's website set up for the change over: prfaa.com/birthcertificates.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...-85988872.html
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM
NAPO
Business are Unfinish

Rep Power: 27 NAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,332.12
Total Points: 10,005,183,410.49
The boss - mangler Cocktail hour bro - mangler A Victory Toast! - The Surgeon 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Childhood Cancer - Sox8055 

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,004,985.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

That's weird, I was watching a show the other day about the border patrol and there was this Mexican coyote who had puertorican i.d....I thought it was funny.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
xcaret v3
Banned

Rep Power: 0 xcaret v3 is infamous around these partsxcaret v3 is infamous around these partsxcaret v3 is infamous around these partsxcaret v3 is infamous around these partsxcaret v3 is infamous around these partsxcaret v3 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 5,565,017.99
Total Points: 6,677,790.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPO View Post
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what are you mad about venenzuelen? this obviously doesnt apply to you..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
DeelDough
Blow it up

Rep Power: 12 DeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond reputeDeelDough has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,925,416.41
Total Points: 45,152,380.73
Your 1st of many gifts! - jazluvr 

maldita sea la madre de fortuño mil veces ojala y se muera cagando en el capitolio el hijo de la gran puta!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi-Dro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Hi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Dro has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 905,003.55
Total Points: 1,320,909,270.42
E-Gift - ??? t - Wangler Jr burner is dumb - Red October lifestyle WANG - ADDICT No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Round 1 BURRRR 2 THA HURRRRB! - Bloody$Nate$ mah nikka up in hurrrrr x - I ♥ RVP no bottles :( so this is for my nikka up in hurrr :D - I ♥ RVP it's a leaf and it's green. Use your imagination. :) - I ♥ RVP 
award for prettiest poster. <3 - I ♥ RVP Have an apple :D - I ♥ RVP because  I can! - I ♥ RVP Happy Thursday! - I ♥ RVP hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - I ♥ RVP 
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! it's over thurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - *Boss Lady* For your dro - led For being the ugliest poster up in hurrrr - Cleto_Reyes 13k post medal! - Flab Happy Easter Dro, I hope all is well with you :kiss: - Bossy 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ??? World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Red October Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahh!! Low Blow View Post
maldita sea la madre de fortuño mil veces ojala y se muera cagando en el capitolio el hijo de la gran puta!!!!!!!!!!
calmado compa
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 AM
jsant09
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,879.23

Is this for real? That would mean that half of my family would have to get new birth certificates and they have no idea about it.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
The Underboss
El Guaje

Rep Power: 43 The Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond reputeThe Underboss has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.93
Total Points: 108,434.08
Appreciate the links!!! - TheCheetah Have a gift, my dude. - S a m u r a i Cotto/Pac - *!#@PBRick@#!* Have a gift Big Boss Man - Disposable Arts Dropping some heat boy - Stone Roses! 
Blessings for the Boss! - jazluvr For good luck with your bets - jazluvr For being a good bud - jazluvr Have an Apple! - iBreakbeat 'shroooms! - jazluvr 
That was supposed to be a pizza....lol - jazluvr Happy 4th of July! - jazluvr Gracias hermano. - Round 1 Have a slice of cake.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Tag, you're it - bigdlb12 
No Message - MANIAC310 bacardi is cuban not puerto rican - xcaret v4 this round is on me - RINGG Returning the favor - mathed Thanks for voting for me - Cleto_Reyes 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Hard Dick Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Hard Dick Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - chiguy91 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Round 1 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Round 1 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -ELO- Hepatitis C - mathed Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - D.I.E.S.E.L Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RICHLOC Gay and Lesbian Pride - Thank Me Later 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Hyperion- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bigdlb12 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - bigdlb12 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaret v3 View Post
what are you mad about venenzuelen? this obviously doesnt apply to you..
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,004,985.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

I don't understand the big deal, Puertoricans are Americans anyway.....How will this affect them? Because they will have to travel with an American passport?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
El Protagonista
Banned

Rep Power: 0 El Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond reputeEl Protagonista has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 208,057.02
Total Points: 877,981.75
Be Joyful - Gift Giver have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
I don't understand the big deal, Puertoricans are Americans anyway.....How will this affect them? Because they will have to travel with an American passport?
It really applies more to those of us who don't have passports. In order to apply you need proof of citizenship, which in our case is a birth certificate. It's easy to reapply. The problem is nobody really knows about it.